Issue 68 - Freud and Philosophy

Latest news of Philosophy Now

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

Issue 68 is out! It has a psychoanalysis/psychology/Freud kind of theme (waves hands vaguely)

It also has an article by Dan Dennett - the first part of his intellectual autobiography. We'll be publishing the second part in Issue 69.

Anyway, all the details are on the main part of the website!
philofra

Post by philofra »

The issue is very interesting. Without Freud and his probing into our psychic I don't think we could have advanced into our complex world.

Buenos Aires has a neighborhood called Villa Freud. Without that area of psychoanalysts I don't think Argentine society could have lived through its schizophrenic existence and emerged into a democracy.
koyaanisqatsi

Post by koyaanisqatsi »

Anyone know where to buy PN in Leicester?

I recently moved to Leicester and can't find the current issue, which sounds excellent. I used to buy it in Birmingham with no trouble. Prior to that I had a subscription.

Anyone able to help?
Aetixintro

Post by Aetixintro »

koya.! :) Renew your subscription? And for that, I hope you also maintain your subscription to Mind. :wink:
koyaanisqatsi

Post by koyaanisqatsi »

I'm in rather dire financial straits at the moment, living on fresh air, the milk of human kindnes and bullshit I tell the bank. I wish I could stretch to a subscription but I have to stretch to the membership of a professional association which I can't really afford. This, sadly, is not optional but in the long run will help me. For now, it's killing me. These things are expensive.

I'd LOVE a subscription to PN, Mind and half a dozen others - fact is, I live on pennies and go to the market at closing time for the cheap fruit/veg they are binning. I buy fish in bulk from a discount importer and sacks of lentils by the muliple-kg to stretch my money. My bike is broken and I have noe way of fixing it.

I literally live hand to mouth and my immediate bank balance determines how many meals I have in a day.

I don't want recognition. Certainly not sympathy.

I am happy. Life is good. I have more books in my house than I can read. A nice back garden where I can drink tea, look at a book, or the clouds or just watch ants go about their business. A bed, under a roof, safe and sound.

What more could I need?

A subscription would be nice.

Rick - give me a sub and one day when I finsih my godwaful stuides I'll pay twice!

Maybe :lol:
amateurphilosophynerd

i hope someone gives you a gift

Post by amateurphilosophynerd »

koyaanisqatsi wrote:I'm in rather dire financial straits at the moment, living on fresh air, the milk of human kindnes and bullshit I tell the bank. I wish I could stretch to a subscription but I have to stretch to the membership of a professional association which I can't really afford. This, sadly, is not optional but in the long run will help me. For now, it's killing me. These things are expensive.

I'd LOVE a subscription to PN, Mind and half a dozen others - fact is, I live on pennies and go to the market at closing time for the cheap fruit/veg they are binning. I buy fish in bulk from a discount importer and sacks of lentils by the muliple-kg to stretch my money. My bike is broken and I have noe way of fixing it.

I literally live hand to mouth and my immediate bank balance determines how many meals I have in a day.

I don't want recognition. Certainly not sympathy.

I am happy. Life is good. I have more books in my house than I can read. A nice back garden where I can drink tea, look at a book, or the clouds or just watch ants go about their business. A bed, under a roof, safe and sound.

What more could I need?

A subscription would be nice.

Rick - give me a sub and one day when I finsih my godwaful stuides I'll pay twice!

Maybe :lol:
maybe another thing that could be useful here is some kind person give you a PN sub as a GIFT and the Suggestions Box include GIFT Subscriptions for generous souls to do likewise and spread the love.
i hope something happens
best wishes
APN nb I live on Benefits and all ££ has to go to FUTURE my number one need so everything is either or and lots of bargain hunting for qaulity bargains and lots of budgeting.
amateurphilosophynerd

This issue is friendly to

Post by amateurphilosophynerd »

This issue is friendly to my continental side.....