Richard Russo about human nature

For the discussion of philosophical books.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

duszek

Richard Russo about human nature

Post by duszek »

In a novel I listen to in the German version a man called Griffin remembers his childhood as the only child of rather mean and cheap parents, who were both college professors and not friendly at all.

I would call this the ugly face of human nature. I wonder if it is a specific American version of it or can be found all over the world.
Big egos, constantly annoyed, ironic.
Impenitent

Re: Richard Russo about human nature

Post by Impenitent »

duszek wrote:In a novel I listen to in the German version a man called Griffin remembers his childhood as the only child of rather mean and cheap parents, who were both college professors and not friendly at all.

I would call this the ugly face of human nature. I wonder if it is a specific American version of it or can be found all over the world.
EGOS!!! EGOS!!!! well that just pisses me off...

-Imp
artisticsolution

Re: Richard Russo about human nature

Post by artisticsolution »

Impenitent wrote:
duszek wrote:In a novel I listen to in the German version a man called Griffin remembers his childhood as the only child of rather mean and cheap parents, who were both college professors and not friendly at all.

EGOS!!! EGOS!!!! well that just pisses me off...

-Imp
LMAO! :lol: