Hi All

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lynn

Hi All

Post by Lynn »

Hi all.

When I turned 42 last year, I realised I had fallen down Maslow's hierarchy without really noticing, the mechanics of life I guess, so I decided to drag myself back up - part of which has brought me here to the forum.

I hope to contribute to debates where appropriate and hope that being part of the forum will help build my backbone*, as I have a tendency to compromise to avoid confrontation.

For me, life and work is now about being fluid in my expectations. My degree is in Science with Management Studies, majoring in Physics, Biology, Economics and Psychology however my post grad is Systems Analysis and Design. I have worked in IT since 1995, in more soft scientist rather than technical roles, in a highly customer focussed environment.

Thanks
Lynn

*I was inspired by the quote below in How To Be A Philosopher http://philosophynow.org/issues/81/How_ ... hilosopher
'Every day I struggle against compromise, and I do not always pass the test. (I have yet to face death in any serious way.) Both by practice and by example, philosophy puts a degree of stiffness in my backbone it would not otherwise possess. Give it a try. © Ian Ravenscroft 2010'
John

Re: Hi All

Post by John »

Hi Lynn, welcome to the forum.
The Voice of Time

Post by The Voice of Time »

Okay, sounds heavy educated. Well, arm yourself with your knowledge then, and show off some argumentative skillz!
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

John, thank you for being chivalrous and rescuing me from a zero response Introduce Yourself 8)

The Voice of Time, thanks again.