Telepathy , telepathy is possible???

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Telepathy , telepathy is possible???

Post by attofishpi »

chaz wyman wrote:As there is not one scrap of evidence for your fantasy we can all forget it.
Were such a being to have ever existed there would be at least one example of a divine intervention - as there is none we can enter you into the silly column.
There are a lot of personal accounts where people have experienced divine intervention. The fact that this God never leaves it possible for itself to be proven is something i find really quite profound. This leaves me to conclude that there is certainly a REASON for leaving the masses with doubt.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:As there is not one scrap of evidence for your fantasy we can all forget it.
Were such a being to have ever existed there would be at least one example of a divine intervention - as there is none we can enter you into the silly column.
There are a lot of personal accounts where people have experienced divine intervention. The fact that this God never leaves it possible for itself to be proven is something i find really quite profound. This leaves me to conclude that there is certainly a REASON for leaving the masses with doubt.
No there are a lot of accounts of people who THINK they have had divine intervention; there are lots of people who are confused; there are lots of mental cases' there are thousands of ClOSE ENCOUNTERS too. There are NO confirmed or serious accounts of either gods or spacemen.
What you find profound is a measure of your own stupidity and gullibility.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

chaz wyman wrote:No there are a lot of accounts of people who THINK they have had divine intervention; there are lots of people who are confused; there are lots of mental cases' there are thousands of ClOSE ENCOUNTERS too. There are NO confirmed or serious accounts of either gods or spacemen.
Having many personal experiences of God makes me neither stupid, gullible or psychotic for that matter.

Admittedly i would be far more sceptical of others accounts had it not been that i also have had such experiences.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:No there are a lot of accounts of people who THINK they have had divine intervention; there are lots of people who are confused; there are lots of mental cases' there are thousands of ClOSE ENCOUNTERS too. There are NO confirmed or serious accounts of either gods or spacemen.
Having many personal experiences of God makes me neither stupid, gullible or psychotic for that matter.

Admittedly i would be far more sceptical of others accounts had it not been that i also have had such experiences.

See any aliens recently?
manimac

Post by manimac »

The telepath would need to send energy from his brain, across a distance, penetrate the cranium of the other person, "copy" the synaptic activity and travel back to the sender for processing. :lol: Yeah right!! bend a few rules of physics?
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

manimac wrote:The telepath would need to send energy from his brain, across a distance, penetrate the cranium of the other person, "copy" the synaptic activity and travel back to the sender for processing. :lol: Yeah right!! bend a few rules of physics?
I knew you were going to say that!
reasonemotion

Post by reasonemotion »

The Dream Determinate of Telepathy..~Carl Jung

Another dream-determinant that deserves mention is telepathy. The authenticity of this phenomenon can no longer be disputed today. It is, of course, very simple to deny its existence without examining the evidence, but that is an unscientific procedure which is unworthy of notice. I have found by experience that telepathy does in fact influence dreams, as has been asserted since ancient times. Certain people are particularly sensitive in this respect and often have telepathically influenced dreams. But in acknowledging the phenomenon of telepathy I am not giving unqualified assent to the popular theory of action at a distance. The phenomenon undoubtedly exists, but the theory of it does not seem to me so simple. ~Carl Jung;"The Practical Use of Dream Analysis" (1934). In CW 16: The Practice of Psychotherapy. P.503

“I would not assert the law behind telepathy is “supernatural”, but merely something which we cannot get at yet with our present knowledge”
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

reasonemotion wrote:The Dream Determinate of Telepathy..~Carl Jung

Another dream-determinant that deserves mention is telepathy. The authenticity of this phenomenon can no longer be disputed today. It is, of course, very simple to deny its existence without examining the evidence, but that is an unscientific procedure which is unworthy of notice. I have found by experience that telepathy does in fact influence dreams, as has been asserted since ancient times. Certain people are particularly sensitive in this respect and often have telepathically influenced dreams. But in acknowledging the phenomenon of telepathy I am not giving unqualified assent to the popular theory of action at a distance. The phenomenon undoubtedly exists, but the theory of it does not seem to me so simple. ~Carl Jung;"The Practical Use of Dream Analysis" (1934). In CW 16: The Practice of Psychotherapy. P.503

“I would not assert the law behind telepathy is “supernatural”, but merely something which we cannot get at yet with our present knowledge”
Well despite Jung being a well respected thinker in Psychotherapy and Psychology his remarks on telepathy remain risible.
In the intervening years, despite his supporting remarks his assertions look increasingly wrong.
It is not clear, however, that he is asserting anything that is commonly understood to be "telepathy" in the common understanding of the word. Though he does not completely reject the action at a distance hypothesis, it seems that whatever anecdotes have done service to encourage this myth, from a mature Jungian perspective, most of these accounts can be best understood by the wholly materialistic notion of synchronistic thoughts which are accounted for by the simple fact that we are all humans with similar brains and similar influences - not the mumbo-jumbo of spooky thought transference on the 'ether'.
The Jesus Head

Post by The Jesus Head »

medneurolog wrote:I am medicine student , today I received email from one person that "can use telepathy".
Is it possible that telepathy works on the distance of few kilometer, correct and all the time?
I can not find any official document on any existing person today that can use telepathy
but I found Vinko Rajic and Uri Geller and they are talking that they can use telepathy.
Why they do not make research on it? Many Schizophrenic are coming with similar story.
Can it be that some Schizophrenics are just receiving from some other head?
James Randi offer 1000000$ for evidence, but Vinko and Uri can use telepathy or maybe NOT?

There is not scientific evidence for telepathy. Why this telepathy madness?
At Edinburgh University, experts conducted controlled experiments to see if telepathy is possible

I participated in these experiments in 2004 .
It is being researched and academics believe that it is some aspect
of quantum mechanics.
It is used in spiritual circles where it is mistaken for
contacting the other side, so to speak.

I have used this skill often to the point of predicting a future event.
It appears to work when turned on like a radio.
It has been used by the US military in regard to remote viewing which I have also
perfomed.
Often people have a gut feeling about something and intuition and this skill is
an enhancement of that kind of episode.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

The Jesus Head wrote:
medneurolog wrote:I am medicine student , today I received email from one person that "can use telepathy".
Is it possible that telepathy works on the distance of few kilometer, correct and all the time?
I can not find any official document on any existing person today that can use telepathy
but I found Vinko Rajic and Uri Geller and they are talking that they can use telepathy.
Why they do not make research on it? Many Schizophrenic are coming with similar story.
Can it be that some Schizophrenics are just receiving from some other head?
James Randi offer 1000000$ for evidence, but Vinko and Uri can use telepathy or maybe NOT?

There is not scientific evidence for telepathy. Why this telepathy madness?
At Edinburgh University, experts conducted controlled experiments to see if telepathy is possible

I participated in these experiments in 2004 .
It is being researched and academics believe that it is some aspect
of quantum mechanics.
It is used in spiritual circles where it is mistaken for
contacting the other side, so to speak.

I have used this skill often to the point of predicting a future event.
It appears to work when turned on like a radio.
It has been used by the US military in regard to remote viewing which I have also
perfomed.
Often people have a gut feeling about something and intuition and this skill is
an enhancement of that kind of episode.

ROTFLMFHO!!!

I wonder if they remembered to remove the electrodes?
Alchemyst

Post by Alchemyst »

Some are saying this proves telepathy:

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/forum/ ... f=8&t=1533
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Alchemyst wrote:Some are saying this proves telepathy:

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/forum/ ... f=8&t=1533
Hooking up "god helmets" to two people, with a computer in between, is not what is normally meant by telepathy. Its more like a telephone.
IChris

Post by IChris »

The possibility of telepathy relies on the philosophical system chosen for it. The mainstream systems used today would have hard to prove it since it may require a metaphysical view on reality that differ markedly from the one mainstream systems are based on. That said, it also exist metaphysical views on reality where telepathy would exist logically.

The french philosopher Henri Bergson (1920) give an account for such a possibility in his book Mind-Energy with further references to his main work on the mind-body problem (Bergson, 2004) as the metaphysical foundation for it. William Barnard builds upon this with further explanations in his 2011 book "Living consciousness: The metaphysical vision of Henri Bergson".

Linguistic Benjamin Lee Whorf (Caroll,1956), in his studies of native americans language, also found a metaphysic where telepathy was a natural part of it and the reason for the traditions such as rain dances and so.

In addition to special philosophical works research projects like Princeton Engineering Anomalous Research have studied similar phenomenons over time and have made conclusions based on that. Further is the prime goal of Society for psychical research to study anomalous phenomenons, and it is a good place to start searching for information concerning telepathy.

In the last instance, personal experience as such cannot be denied, and may rather serve as a reason for the need of inquiry into it.

Sources:

Barnard, W. G. (2011). Living Consciousness: The Metaphysical Vision of Henri Bergson. Albany: State University of New York Press.
Bergson, H. (1920). Mind-Energy: Lectures and essays. New York: Henry Holt and Company.
Bergson, H. (2004). Matter and Memory. New York: Dover Publications, Inc.
Caroll, J. B. (1956). Language, Thought, and Reality: Selected Writings of Benjamin Lee Whorf. Massachusetts: The MIT Press.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

IChris wrote:The possibility of telepathy relies on the philosophical system chosen for it.
`I think not.
I think that the veracity of the philosophical system that accurately describes it relies on the possibility that such a thing as telepathy is possible. Not the other way around.
IChris

Post by IChris »

chaz wyman wrote:
IChris wrote:The possibility of telepathy relies on the philosophical system chosen for it.
`I think not.
I think that the veracity of the philosophical system that accurately describes it relies on the possibility that such a thing as telepathy is possible. Not the other way around.
It may be that you are correct despite that telepathy has not, as far as I know, been one of the reason that a philosophical system has made its way. But in some philosophical systems, where telepathy is possible, the telepathy comes as a natural consequence of the system and so it may be seen as something which exist in the foundation of the system too.

That said, everyone is free to chose their own philosophical belief system and such the possibility of telepathy, on a pure belief plane, would vary according to the chosen philosophical belief system.