Metaphysics/Physics

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

EDK

Metaphysics/Physics

Post by EDK »

I am a philosopher; that is, I philosophize, rather than being a philosophy scholar. Looking back, I have been pondering Being since I was fifteen years old, not counting, when, at
age 3 or 4, I recall standing in the kitchen of my family's apartment, looking up
at the sky through the back-door transom, and wondering, "What is all this about?"

That question, which first came to me in the very early 1920's, resumed in the mid-1930's,
and has persisted the rest of my life. My philosophy writing began in the 1960's, some of which was published, in recent years, in "Contemporary Philosophy," the publication of Realia, a philosophy organization. My philosophical thinking, an original, all-encompassing explication of Being-as-a-Whole, named integrative philosophy, has culminated in the writing of a Treatise that is metaphysically/physically oriented.

The Treatise uncovers the Absolute of human being, which, unlike God, is metaphysically valid, because it is physical as well as spiritual. The Treatise includes a Section containing intuitive physical speculations that continued to emerge during the writing of the Treatise which, primarily, is a metaphysical work.

I have come to believe that physics and metaphysics are the definitive ends of the same subject, cosmological philosophy because, at their cutting edges, physics and metaphysics meld into each other.

I will be publishing the latest version of the Treatise in the Metaphysics Forum in early 2012. The thrust of the Treatise's metaphysics is not western, eastern, religious or mystical.
duszek

Re: Metaphysics/Physics

Post by duszek »

If a philosophy scholar is a professional philosopher, are you an amateur philosopher ?

Welcome to the forum. Please to share with us your ideas.
EDK

Post by EDK »

I am not an academic, but neither am I an amateur. My philosophizing is deep and disciplined, and after 78 years has culminated in the creation of a metaphysical Treatise, that explicates an original, self-consistent, system of thought. Evelyn Koblentz
duszek

Post by duszek »

You are a self-made philosopher then, or an autodidact.

How did you proceed in order to achieve the results that you wanted ?
EDK

Post by EDK »

I would not call myself an autodidact, because I have not pursued in a big way studying philosophers. I just persisted through the years in figuring out for myself "what all this is about" . So I repeat, I am not a teacher of nor a student of philosophy, I philosophize--I think for myself about how human being fits into the whole scheme of things, and I didn't stop until I figured it out, in a logical and reasoned way; I didn't get side-tracked into "isms" and "ologies". Keep in mind, that philosophy professors know about philosophy and philosophers, but do not necessarily philosophize on their own; they are academics who teach philosophy, which is not philosophizing, and why i am not a professional philosopher.
duszek

Post by duszek »

So you invented the wheel entirely on your own. :D

Because I thought that the normal procedure in metaphysics would be this:
First you look at what other philosophers had discovered through their thinking and then you choose what seems good to you and use it as a starting point for your own construction (or theory).
EDK

Post by EDK »

Of course, in college one becomes aware of many philosophers. Either you find them sastisfying, or not. Meanwhile you continue your own questioning and thinking. In my case, I persisted all my long life and eventually came up with an original, All encompassing, system of thought I call "integrative philosophy". "Integrative" pertains to the insight that an All-encompassing system requires the inclusion of scientific findings, because Being-as-a-Whole has both physical and metaphysical aspects. The metaphysical significance of an insight as basic as this is not obvious, because we tend to think of the two categories as apples and oranges, but it becomes apparent with deep thinking that both are forms of fruit (integrative philosophy). Valid metaphysics requires integration with pertinent physical science.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Sounds interesting.

I wish you luck on your book.

Will you be self-published?

Will you be able to use the traditional publishing avenues?

I know it is hard to become traditionally published if you are a new author without traditional educational, experience, or an established following.

The Voice of Time

Post by The Voice of Time »

Hmmm.... your "Being-As-A-Whole" word an following name "Integrative Philosophy" makes me picture in my head some greek robed bald philosopher looking at some array of items thinking to himself "which of these parts belong to me as a whole?"...