Can anyone help me with furthering this Heideggerian work

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Can anyone help me with furthering this Heideggerian wor

Post by attofishpi »

nothingdoing wrote:Can anyone help me with furthering this Heideggerian work
Depends where you live. I live in Australia so you could post it to me...where it will promptly be turned into origami.
:oops:
duszek

Post by duszek »

Maybe a change of speed would help ?
I sometimes read a book (De Anima by Aristotle, or something by Nietzsche) in slow motion and with the tone of the voice of a ghost speaking from the beyond. Thus words and their meanings have time to sink into my consciousness. The brain can process the meanings and every now and then you understand something.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

duszek wrote:Maybe a change of speed would help ?
I sometimes read a book (De Anima by Aristotle, or something by Nietzsche) in slow motion and with the tone of the voice of a ghost speaking from the beyond. Thus words and their meanings have time to sink into my consciousness. The brain can process the meanings and every now and then you understand something.
If there is anything worthwhile in the text, then it is not possible to understanding it through speed reading.
But so much of what is contained in philosophy books is clever regurgitation. Good writers can repeat themselves by not saying exactly the same thing again and again.