Misogyny

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

SecularCauses

Re: Misogyny

Post by SecularCauses »

Atthet wrote:According to wowwow, being seduced is being given a choice.
But is it still seduction if it is detected by the victim?
Isn't the art and beauty of seduction, is that it remains undetected by the victim?
What is seduction after being detected?

Let's wait to hear the master, wowow, on this point
What would you know about "seduction"? Your momma come on to you? Is that how you come up with your "rent" money?
Atthet

Post by Atthet »

SecularCauses wrote:What would you know about "seduction"? Your momma come on to you? Is that how you come up with your "rent" money?
Are you jealous of my mother and my special relationship? Haven't you ever taken your mother out on a date, foggy? Ask her out, gather your courage and hold that kiss on her lips just a few seconds longer.
SecularCauses

Post by SecularCauses »

Atthet wrote:
SecularCauses wrote:What would you know about "seduction"? Your momma come on to you? Is that how you come up with your "rent" money?
Are you jealous of my mother and my special relationship? Haven't you ever taken your mother out on a date, foggy? Ask her out, gather your courage and hold that kiss on her lips just a few seconds longer.
No, I've never dated my mother. That would be rather hard since she died when I was 2. And what is with this "foggy"? Is that some European code word? I prefer to stick with American slang, like fucking asshole. That rather sums you up nicely, doesn't it?
Atthet

Post by Atthet »

I'm not an asshole. I'm a hater, don't you know the difference?
SecularCauses

Post by SecularCauses »

Atthet wrote:I'm not an asshole. I'm a hater, don't you know the difference?
You are a LOSER. You may as well stamp it on your forehead, to give others fair warning.
Atthet

Post by Atthet »

SecularCauses wrote:You are a LOSER.
You're speaking in riddles, can you simplify this for me? Help me
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:As for the use of 'one', it does come across as pompous which is a shame because it's so useful, especially in written form, because it ensures that others don't think you are referring specifically to them, which is apt to occur when 'you' is used.
i've just found it (in general) as a term of reference, a point of reference which is pretty much just the same as using the word 'you' although it's a word that reaches beyond the word you because it sort of encapsulates the word 'you' and the word 'everyone' at the same time with it simultaneously being both and simultaneously not being both.

i suppose it just depends upon how its being used, or the intention of the user.

the word misogyny has always seemed pompous to me. when i first came across this word a long time ago i had no idea what it was. after i learned what it was, it almost seemed 'pomp' in it's own way to use the word misogyny.

i've found there is this 'flow' (for lack of a better word) around it.. i'm not saying at all that i am for women haters, etc.. not at all. but the word misogyny, it's always bothered me. if you wrote, for example the word, ontology, that would not bother me. but the word misogyny...
uwot

Post by uwot »

Atthet wrote:According to wowwow, being seduced is being given a choice.
Yes it is. Sometimes I made the right decision and sometimes I didn't. If you get out into the real world you live, you learn. You should try it.
Atthet wrote:But is it still seduction if it is detected by the victim?
Well you tell me Atthet, in your tragic little existence is there a difference between seduction and seduction? In the the unlikely event of you encountering anyone so cognitively mutilated as to aim to seduce you, do you really think you will have no idea what their motives are?
Atthet wrote:Isn't the art and beauty of seduction, is that it remains undetected by the victim?
The 'victim' ends up have sex voluntarily with a willing partner. "Golly," they say, "how did that happen."
Atthet wrote:What is seduction after being detected?
It is seduction.
Atthet wrote:Let's wait to hear the master, wowow, on this point
Well here I am.You will shortly accuse me of not answering your questions, because you are mental.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

:evil:
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:25 am, edited 6 times in total.
Atthet

Post by Atthet »

No, you did well, and you surprised me wowow. I must learn to expect the unexpected.
I disagree, though, when you realize or suspect you are being seduced, then this cannot count as a seduction.

A person cannot seduce another who is completely paranoid and "mental", a person who is full of fear and doubt is difficult or impossible to seduce. This creates a psychological condition known as solipsism. A solipsist, or autist, cannot be seduced. There are barriers of psychological fear involved.
Atthet

Post by Atthet »

If one person tries to seduce another, but the victim is paranoid, completely distrustful of other people, or cannot speak the same language or recognize the same social signs and signifiers of emotions, then the victim cannot be seduced.
But this has nothing to do with choice.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Atthet wrote:A person cannot seduce another who is completely paranoid and "mental", a person who is full of fear and doubt is difficult or impossible to seduce. This creates a psychological condition known as solipsism. A solipsist, or autist, cannot be seduced. There are barriers of psychological fear involved.
Well you should know.
Atthet

Post by Atthet »

uwot wrote:Well you should know.
Yes, exactly, I do know! What is a philosopher except a man full of doubt? Doesn't philosophy, and doubt, stand in contrast to religion, and blind faith?
If I am full of doubt and "negativity", then this creates a mentality that is impossible to seduce, doesn't it?

This has nothing to do with "choice". You are wrong about choice.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Atthet wrote:What is a philosopher except a man full of doubt? Doesn't philosophy, and doubt, stand in contrast to religion, and blind faith?
Yup.
Atthet wrote:If I am full of doubt and "negativity", then this creates a mentality that is impossible to seduce, doesn't it?
Perhaps. Your loss.
Atthet wrote:This has nothing to do with "choice". You are wrong about choice.
Nope.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Atthet wrote:
uwot wrote:Well you should know.
Yes, exactly, I do know! What is a philosopher except a man full of doubt? Doesn't philosophy, and doubt, stand in contrast to religion, and blind faith?
If I am full of doubt and "negativity", then this creates a mentality that is impossible to seduce, doesn't it?

This has nothing to do with "choice". You are wrong about choice.
Doubt and reason are not 'negative', unless you really think that faith is a positive quality.
Skepticism and doubt are reasonable and useful attributes.
If these qualities give you a resistance to persuasion or 'seduction', then that is a positive.

This all goes to show what crap the ideas of positivity and negativity are, assuming as they do a pseudo-objectivity.