What Will Heal the Division between the Sexes?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

-1-

Re: What Will Heal the Division between the Sexes?

Post by -1- »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:58 pm True...why not both then? Is so what if we just live in times where everyone hates every other for no reason other than fear induced by made up standards of conduct?
Hey, everybody who hates... and hates the hating. Come to small town Southern Ontario. Hate will just melt off of you. People here are nice, helpful, complimentary, they even laugh at my jokes!

It took me about five years to gradually assimilate and shed my hatred, previously accumulated in 35 years of Toronto life. Boy, it's great here.

That's why I come to these forums... when I feel nostalgic about hate. I bash Nick_A around a bit, and dive back into the world of love, respect and good cheer here in my immediate social environ.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

-1- wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:58 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:58 pm True...why not both then? Is so what if we just live in times where everyone hates every other for no reason other than fear induced by made up standards of conduct?
Hey, everybody who hates... and hates the hating. Come to small town Southern Ontario. Hate will just melt off of you. People here are nice, helpful, complimentary, they even laugh at my jokes!
If you want to keep it that way don't invite more people in.
duszek

Post by duszek »

Couples often fail because each party overestimates one´s own contributions and underestimates the other party´s contributions.

I can imagine a man who says: I am such a wonderful guy, it is a privilege to be my girlfriend. Just to look at me is a treat. That´s why she should do 1., 2., 3. .... for me.
-1-

Post by -1- »

duszek wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:45 pm Couples often fail because each party overestimates one´s own contributions and underestimates the other party´s contributions.

I can imagine a man who says: I am such a wonderful guy, it is a privilege to be my girlfriend. Just to look at me is a treat. That´s why she should do 1., 2., 3. .... for me.
Until I was about twenty-eight, I never progressed to that stage. I could not get past the "get away from me, creep" stage.

Then at 28 things started to slooooowly turn around. Now I am surrounded by a bevy of beauties, who give me compliments, without my fishing for it.

I have white horses... and ladies... by the score. All dress'd in satin... and waiting... by the door.

Boy, life is boring.

(At this point my limp hand fell into the potty as I rolled around in bed, and that woke me up.)
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

My guess is womens "love" of you was directly proportional to the amount of money you had at that time.

Women are sex objects.
Men are success objects.

Women who don't date low status men perpetuate the patriarchy. Most feminists are anti-femininist. When a woman rejects a low-status man, it perpetuates the social system of women being a function of the transactory prostitute nature of women, women being objects, commodities, to be only available to high status men who can afford them.

But I mean, human society is a joke anyway, this is just one of many dark things humanity likes to cover up and try to hide from children.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:58 pmWhat Will Heal the Division between the Sexes?
A penis tends to do the trick.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:00 pm My guess is womens "love" of you was directly proportional to the amount of money you had at that time.

Women are sex objects.
Men are success objects.

Women who don't date low status men perpetuate the patriarchy. Most feminists are anti-femininist. When a woman rejects a low-status man, it perpetuates the social system of women being a function of the transactory prostitute nature of women, women being objects, commodities, to be only available to high status men who can afford them.

But I mean, human society is a joke anyway, this is just one of many dark things humanity likes to cover up and try to hide from children.
Although you are right in the majority of cases, that was never a problem of mine.
Beauty

Post by Beauty »

Hey man! Just be open and honest about everything and that's it. Live a natural life and not show or fake. Be real. Be nice. Be caring.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

I'm selling bandages, if anyone needs one or two.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:56 am Real simple question: What solutions are available that allows a healing of the division between the sexes in our time? This is considering both sides saying "you are wrong" does not appear to work.

Should men and women just start by apologizing to eachother and say "These are chaotic times, neither of know what we are doing, how can we move past this?"
I am in the midst of an unexpected and interesting new relationship that did not appear likely to get off the ground in the beginning. He is ex-military "build a wall"... and I'm more of a peace-loving compassionate hippy. We have both been independent and self-driven in our lives...as well as navigating crazy experiences with the opposite sex, that left us doubtful and wary. So our ability to open up to each other seemed very unlikely. He also likes traditional roles... "me man, you woman". I openly laugh at such things. Fortunately, he now ends up laughing too. He has started wearing hippy shirts... and I've been cooking more. :D I'm not quite sure how or why this is working and getting better, other than to say that we seem more interested in laughing and sharing things together, than demanding or being right. Being nice to each other is more important than getting what we want. It must be some kind of physical and spiritual maturity. Fascinating! This seems to be yet another experience showing me that we have to get out of our own way sometimes in order for harmony and bounty to flow. There is no particular way to be, and we humans are such artful obstructionists. :)
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:57 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:56 am Real simple question: What solutions are available that allows a healing of the division between the sexes in our time? This is considering both sides saying "you are wrong" does not appear to work.

Should men and women just start by apologizing to eachother and say "These are chaotic times, neither of know what we are doing, how can we move past this?"
I am in the midst of an unexpected and interesting new relationship that did not appear likely to get off the ground in the beginning. He is ex-military "build a wall"... and I'm more of a peace-loving compassionate hippy. We have both been independent and self-driven in our lives...as well as navigating crazy experiences with the opposite sex, that left us doubtful and wary. So our ability to open up to each other seemed very unlikely. He also likes traditional roles... "me man, you woman". I openly laugh at such things. Fortunately, he now ends up laughing too. He has started wearing hippy shirts... and I've been cooking more. :D I'm not quite sure how or why this is working and getting better, other than to say that we seem more interested in laughing and sharing things together, than demanding or being right. Being nice to each other is more important than getting what we want. It must be some kind of physical and spiritual maturity. Fascinating! This seems to be yet another experience showing me that we have to get out of our own way sometimes in order for harmony and bounty to flow. There is no particular way to be, and we humans are such artful obstructionists. :)
Forgiveness and faith are still laws :) .
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:56 am Real simple question:
appeal to common humanity of course.
PeteJ

Post by PeteJ »

Easy. Put all psychologists on Terry Pratchet's spaceship to the Sun.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:56 am Real simple question: What solutions are available that allows a healing of the division between the sexes in our time?
Coming together, then cuming together.
zoey

Post by zoey »

Talk talk and more talk. Between the genders. And a genuine interest in healing. Secondly the convincing can come from within. Also kids from high school on must be introduced to some introduction to sociology. Kids need to look around and understand the world they live in. As they have more and more compartmentalized lives, they are rarely exposed to broader society. Such discussion in class with a good solid teacher can make a lot of difference. They will grow up with a better understanding of the sexes and their interrelationship. I strongly think less healing will be required.