A Woman's Inner and Outer Beauty

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

duszek

Re: A Woman's Inner and Outer Beauty

Post by duszek »

The wrong person doing the wrong jog will get ulcers.

Some men prefer to play the piano instead of driving a bulldozer.

Some women might like to drive a bulldozer. (Not me.)

Statistically more men than women would enjoy driving a bulldozer.

I heard that bikers have lots of difficulty finding a woman who enjoys at least a little bit a ride on a motorcycle. This is a pleasure that is genetically encoded in men but hardly in women.

Being tough is necessary for women. If a woman wanted to survive in the Wild West she could not depend on a hero defending her all the time.

A tough woman would not turn her man into a wimp by bitching and intimidating him and competeing with him. She needs a reliable ally.

Nough said.

P.S. Are you a Jehova´s witness, Nick ?
davidm

Post by davidm »

duszek wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:24 am The wrong person doing the wrong jog will get ulcers.
I heard that bikers have lots of difficulty finding a woman who enjoys at least a little bit a ride on a motorcycle. This is a pleasure that is genetically encoded in men but hardly in women.
Are you actually being serious here? The second sentence, specifically.

I'm going to have to break the news to you: there is no genetic encoding for enjoying, or not enjoying, a motorcycle ride.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

duszek wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:24 am The wrong person doing the wrong jog will get ulcers.

Some men prefer to play the piano instead of driving a bulldozer.

Some women might like to drive a bulldozer. (Not me.)

Statistically more men than women would enjoy driving a bulldozer.

Being tough is necessary for women. If a woman wanted to survive in the Wild West she could not depend on a hero defending her all the time.

A tough woman would not turn her man into a wimp by bitching and intimidating him and competeing with him. She needs a reliable ally.

Nough said.

P.S. Are you a Jehova´s witness, Nick ?
Very true. Individual circumstances create necessities. But do you believe in honoring ideals. Is there the ideal woman and the ideal man? If so then we must respect the difference. Is inner beauty a quality of the ideal woman?

I'm not a Jehova´s witness. I gravitate towards esoteric Christianity. It provides the intellectual and emotional quality and depth I need to take the concept of religion seriously.
duszek

Post by duszek »

davidm wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:15 pm
Are you actually being serious here? The second sentence, specifically.

I'm going to have to break the news to you: there is no genetic encoding for enjoying, or not enjoying, a motorcycle ride.
Can you prove your statement ? :D
Neither can I prove mine.

But if we get a chance we can ask someone doing match-making. I just heard that those unmatchable are especially those with tatoos and motorcycles.

There is one British singer who rides a motorcycle in a peaceful and unboastful way (I don´t remember his name), I liked some of his songs some years ago.

It seems to me that more women ride horses, and more men ride motorcycles.

Peace.
duszek

Post by duszek »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:16 pm
Very true. Individual circumstances create necessities. But do you believe in honoring ideals. Is there the ideal woman and the ideal man? If so then we must respect the difference. Is inner beauty a quality of the ideal woman?
Can you give me an example of an ideal woman ?
From literature or art or a film.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

duszek wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:56 pm
Nick_A wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:16 pm
Can you give me an example of an ideal woman ?
From literature or art or a film.
I didn't mean to imply that a living person represents the ideal. I meant that the ideal is a potential of characteristics including body type. The ancient Greeks referred to the ideal man or woman in terms of bodily proportion. Is there theoretically an ideal whole man or woman or are we just limited to subjective opinions?
duszek

Post by duszek »

A living person is far from an ideal, this is true.

Fictional characters can serve as an ideal though.

Would Jane Eyre be a woman close to your ideal of femininity ?
Or Scarlet O´Hara perhaps ?
Or the lady in "Casablanca" ?
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

duszek wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:16 pm A living person is far from an ideal, this is true.

Fictional characters can serve as an ideal though.

Would Jane Eyre be a woman close to your ideal of femininity ?
Or Scarlet O´Hara perhaps ?
Or the lady in "Casablanca" ?
Hi Duszek, Be careful not to put so much emphasis on beauty. If you do, "beauty" will equal "power" as it does for so many people.

When we age, do we mourn the loss of beauty or the loss of the power we posses because of beauty?

Beauty attracts all the wrong types of people if one is looking for honesty and honor in a life partner. Simply because no one person can be the ultimate beauty. If the goal of the individual is to be with the most beautiful...there is one more beautiful around every corner.

Which woman is closer to an ideal above?

All of them.

If it's only beauty one seeks, it's the aesthetic excitement of that beauty that's thrilling....and that's insatiable.
duszek

Post by duszek »

I was only trying to find out Nick´s ideal of a woman because he seems to have one but is shy about it.
He is an elderly man who might have some interesting views on life, due to long life experience.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

duszek wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:29 pm I was only trying to find out Nick´s ideal of a woman because he seems to have one but is shy about it.
He is an elderly man who might have some interesting views on life, due to long life experience.
I should have replied sooner. I wasn't referring to my ideal woman since I don't have one. I was referring to the qualities of the ideal woman as in a miss universe contest. Modern society has gotten away from honoring ideals since doing so is considered wrong in these times which glorify sameness theoretically . Is there such a thing as the ideal woman or the ideal man? How could they be defined? Does the ideal woman possess both inner and outer beauty and could there ever be objective standards to define these qualities?
duszek

Post by duszek »

There is a play with the title "Pygmalion" which I have not read. Possibly by Ibsen.
A man gets a chance to form a woman according to his ideal.

I also remember a play on the BBC "Educating Rita". It was not serious though.
It showed how such a project has to fail.

To many of us an ideal person could be too much. They would make us feel inferior.
duszek

Post by duszek »

How about a woman who is really ugly but who builds her husband up and makes him laugh all the time ?

I remember the book "La piel fria", about a man who loves a woman who is a monster. He calls her "mi amor".