Homosexuality.

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Homosexuality.

Post by Harbal »

The thought of having a sexually physical relationship with someone of the same sex as me is something I find distasteful. Does this mean I should condemn homosexuality? The thing is: I quite often encounter people of the opposite sex to me with whom the thought of having a sexually physical relationship is equally distasteful. Does this mean I should, at least to some extent, condemn heterosexuality?
In anticipation of the probable response to this: yes, I'm sure there are many people, of both sexes, who would find the thought of having a sexually physical relationship with me rather unpalatable.
Dontaskme

Re: Homosexuality.

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:The thought of having a sexually physical relationship with someone of the same sex as me is something I find distasteful. Does this mean I should condemn homosexuality? The thing is: I quite often encounter people of the opposite sex to me with whom the thought of having a sexually physical relationship is equally distasteful. Does this mean I should, at least to some extent, condemn heterosexuality?
In anticipation of the probable response to this: yes, I'm sure there are many people, of both sexes, who would find the thought of having a sexually physical relationship with me rather unpalatable.
Perhaps you find it same sex sex ..and or opposite sex sex distasteful because you are resisting the reality of it. And you can't quite deal with the true reality that sex is a natural function of nature and nothing can be done to stop the situation?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote:
Perhaps you find it same sex sex ..and or opposite sex sex distasteful because you are resisting the reality of it. And you can't quite deal with the true reality that sex is a natural function of nature and nothing can be done to stop the situation?
I was trying to make a point. My own particular situation is irrelevant.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

I used to love having sex for one reason only and that was to reach union with God. Sexual pleasure was my way of being with God who is in my opinion pure ecstasy.

But I've now found a way to know God without having to have sex ..so now I really detest having sex, I find the whole performance so mechanical and cold. So now I have chosen to become celibate for the rest of my life. I can't even consider the thought of ever having any intimate relationship with another human being now I've found God...no human being could ever match or be a substitute for the kind of love that is God. It's all God for me now. Now i'm home with God.

I guess now that makes me even more weirder than you Harbal.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Homosexuality: yet another thing the yanks have ruined. If they are just men who are attracted to other men then why all the obnoxious affectations? The whiny, high-pitched voices, the cattiness, the waxed eyebrows, the fake tans, the general shallow annoyingness that a large number of them carry on with? Why the talk of 'gay culture'? FFS.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:
I was trying to make a point. My own particular situation is irrelevant.
Not sure what your point is...is it should you condemn another persons preference because you personally find it distasteful ?

I don't really get the point here..sorry :?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote:I used to love having sex for one reason only and that was to reach union with God. Sexual pleasure was my way of being with God who is in my opinion pure ecstasy.

But I've now found a way to know God without having to have sex ..so now I really detest having sex, I find the whole performance so mechanical and cold. So now I have chosen to become celibate for the rest of my life. I can't even consider the thought of ever having any intimate relationship with another human being now I've found God...no human being could ever match or be a substitute for the kind of love that is God. It's all God for me now. Now i'm home with God.
I can't help wondering how God feels about this.
It's not for me to say but I certainly hope so.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Not sure what your point is...is it should you condemn another persons preference because you personally find it distasteful ?
Yes, that is my point.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Homosexuality: yet another thing the yanks have ruined. If they are just men who are attracted to other men then why all the obnoxious affectations? The whiny, high-pitched voices, the cattiness, the waxed eyebrows, the fake tans, the general shallow annoyingness that a large number of them carry on with? Why the talk of 'gay culture'? FFS.
It's just the way gays are perceived ..but they are nothing like that in reality. Reality for gays is as much the same as it is for any other human being experiencing a close loving relationship with one another.
vegetariantaxidermy

Dontaskme wrote:I used to love having sex for one reason only and that was to reach union with God. Sexual pleasure was my way of being with God who is in my opinion pure ecstasy.

Sounds very 'perverted catholic' to me. Worrying.
vegetariantaxidermy

Dontaskme wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Homosexuality: yet another thing the yanks have ruined. If they are just men who are attracted to other men then why all the obnoxious affectations? The whiny, high-pitched voices, the cattiness, the waxed eyebrows, the fake tans, the general shallow annoyingness that a large number of them carry on with? Why the talk of 'gay culture'? FFS.
It's just the way gays are perceived ..but they are nothing like that in reality. Reality for gays is as much the same as it is for any other human being experiencing a close loving relationship with one another.
Really? It's all just a figment of the imagination? If they aren't like that then why aren't they protesting about the way they are portrayed, or portray themselves? It is, after all, one of the strongest lobby groups in the world.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote: Not sure what your point is...is it should you condemn another persons preference because you personally find it distasteful ?
Yes, that is my point.
Okay thanks for the clarification.

Personally, I wouldn't judge homosexuality, but would have a problem if a human openly had sex with an animal in public...now that I would find distasteful.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sounds very 'perverted catholic' to me. Worrying.

Narh, that's just another perception that's not real.

I've just come home that's all. And that's where I prefer to be now. I prefer to live in the real world.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Homosexuality: yet another thing the yanks have ruined.
:D
If they are just men who are attracted to other men then why all the obnoxious affectations? The whiny, high-pitched voices, the cattiness, the waxed eyebrows, the fake tans, the general shallow annoyingness that a large number of them carry on with? Why the talk of 'gay culture'? FFS.
Yes, there is all that.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Really? It's all just a figment of the imagination? If they aren't like that then why aren't they protesting about the way they are portrayed, or portray themselves? It is, after all, one of the strongest lobby groups in the world.
Okay, well all I'm saying is that not all Gays are like what society portrays them to be. And perhaps some of them feel a little insecure about their role and place in society so then exercise their free will in forming lobby groups and such...that'll wear off as soon as they gain more confidence in themselves.