Homosexuality.

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Seleucus

Re: Homosexuality.

Post by Seleucus »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:11 am
Seleucus wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:03 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:50 pm
Looking forward to it. :)
Ross (1990) Homosexuality and family relations p.40-41 reports on Humphreys (1970) who conducts interviews on 50 men occupied in gay activities at a "public convenience" and finds 54% report being married happily to women, link. This number percent is basically exactly the same as the percent of men 18 and older who are married in the US general population, link.
Are you serious?
What more do you want? Gay men marry at the same rate as non-gay men. And, if you take the time to look over Ross's work you will find that except for the burden of secrecy, homosexuals are in the main quite happy with being family men.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Harbal wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:41 pm The thought of having a sexually physical relationship with someone of the same sex as me is something I find distasteful.
me too.

but thats my problem not theirs.

they are born that way.

I have enough problems - so many (due to my nature - born introvert, iconoclast, loner - at least i'm a guy that like girls (the ones with hips/butt) - glad to be normal in orientation.

why the interest? I couldn't care less about anyone being gay (other than creeping me out - i think i work with one (great guy - i like him alot - but distance myself from him because of my hangups over it).

live and live life. if you are an honest hetero (not at war with your gayness) - then you should not fixate on gayness in any way.

instead just ignore it like i do.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:57 pm
Dontaskme wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Homosexuality: yet another thing the yanks have ruined. If they are just men who are attracted to other men then why all the obnoxious affectations? The whiny, high-pitched voices, the cattiness, the waxed eyebrows, the fake tans, the general shallow annoyingness that a large number of them carry on with? Why the talk of 'gay culture'? FFS.
It's just the way gays are perceived ..but they are nothing like that in reality. Reality for gays is as much the same as it is for any other human being experiencing a close loving relationship with one another.
Really? It's all just a figment of the imagination? If they aren't like that then why aren't they protesting about the way they are portrayed, or portray themselves? It is, after all, one of the strongest lobby groups in the world.
lol.

"strongest lobby groups in the world".

try going toe to toe with AIPAC and AARP (top 2 most powerfull Special Interests in American government), then get back with about the power of the "Gay lobby" lol.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

gaffo wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:43 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:57 pm
Dontaskme wrote:
It's just the way gays are perceived ..but they are nothing like that in reality. Reality for gays is as much the same as it is for any other human being experiencing a close loving relationship with one another.
Really? It's all just a figment of the imagination? If they aren't like that then why aren't they protesting about the way they are portrayed, or portray themselves? It is, after all, one of the strongest lobby groups in the world.
lol.

"strongest lobby groups in the world".

try going toe to toe with AIPAC and AARP (top 2 most powerfull Special Interests in American government), then get back with about the power of the "Gay lobby" lol.
It is powerful. Powerful enough to bring down newspapers. There are a lot of wealthy gay people who buy a lot of stuff. I didn't say it's the only strong lobby group. Lobby groups operate a bit like unions--the threat to withold services/purchases is a powerful motivator.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:40 am
Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote: but would have a problem if a human openly had sex with an animal in public...
Well I wasn't advocating the live and let live principle to that extent, Dontaskme, I think I too would have to draw the line there.
Okay good, because there are boundaries that humans should not ever consider crossing else we descend into absolute chaos as an evolving species...

no need to worry via "evolving speicies" closest animal to man does not have same num of chromosomes (48 - instead of 46) - so men/woman can partake with all sorts of beasts and will not evolve into something else.

so its ok.

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:40 am but then what is it exactly that you find distasteful about another persons preference that makes you want to judge it negatively, I don't quite get that?
it instinctual revulsion. such unions does not promote the continued existance of the human race.

it is counter natural selection/survival of the species. and instinctual "hit to the gut" when noticed by a hetero (or me at least).
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:39 am
Dubious wrote:You're programmed by your hormones. It's not a matter of either/or and 'choosing' is not an option. If you're programmed to have sex with an iguana, guess what!
It might be a 'choice' sometimes. But so what? I don't see how that affects anything except apparently to religious nuts. But they don't think anyway.
I think the choice argument is utter bullshit and also important as well.

I never "chose" to get a hard dk over seeing a wide hip sporting cheeky jiggling cheeks.............esp when i couldn't get me some. (not interested/boy friend/gay(yes that was one instance)/etc.....................when i could solve decades of being "hard up" not getting pssy by just "choosing" my best male friend (afterall he and I are soulmates - have the same mind/concepts/interests/etc since middle school...) - so me and him (he was "hard up" too for years and years - then married a bitch that took him to the cleaners..............lol........................back to point.

25 yrs ago He and I should have just chose to "hook up" and become lovers - would have avoided my many decaded of celibacy and his awful marraige to the black widow.

but real word ain't like that. I/he did not chose to be straight, I know from knowing myself, I afford the same to those that proclaim to be gay.

if they say they were born that way, i agree - as i was born the other way.
Greta

Post by Greta »

gaffo wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:06 amif they say they were born that way, i agree - as i was born the other way.
For sure. The battle against gays is a campaign for the hearts and minds of swinging voters, ie. bisexuals.

While many more people would admit innate bisexuality if not for the stigma ("mission accomplished for conservatives) there are plenty who are very much unmistakably straight or bi. The shenanigans of frustrated prisoners and boarding school students are often held up as an example of the fluidity of sexuality. What is noted less often said is that most inmates have, and want, no sex while in prison. The ones in prison having sex are gays, bisexuals and victims (some of whom later respond with rape and violence on release into the community as a result of the trauma - so much for rehabilitation in "criminal factories").

Stigmatising love between consenting adults is irrational, based on the attitudes of less enlightened forebears. Societies don't break down due to homosexuality; they break down due to hubris, ergo internal hatreds, resistance to growth and a lack of focus on what is most important, treating the trivial as though critical and the critical as unimportant. Examples: the US and to a lesser extent, the rest of the Anglosphere (largely due to US influence), the Middle East, North Korea, most of Africa and SE Asia, and a fair bit of South and Central America.

The people in many of these places need to pull their heads out of their bums (instead of worrying about what happens to other people's bums) and face reality, giving away their childish superstitions and fantasies like a child must come of age and give up Santa and Teddy. Societies that fail to gain a mature focus quickly enough will simply fail to compete this century.

I never thought the US would be vulnerable, and the disintegration of their unity has been a shock. They desperately need to give up their bombing and invading habits, and the regressive religious nonsense and anti-science oddities. Being hung up on trivial distractions such as gays being gay with each other (gosh!), transgenders going to the toilet (they should hold on!), blind science denial and religious superstition (God dunnit!) will harm the US's chances of competing an increasingly cutthroat global environment.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

gaffo wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:06 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:39 am
Dubious wrote:You're programmed by your hormones. It's not a matter of either/or and 'choosing' is not an option. If you're programmed to have sex with an iguana, guess what!
It might be a 'choice' sometimes. But so what? I don't see how that affects anything except apparently to religious nuts. But they don't think anyway.
I think the choice argument is utter bullshit and also important as well.

I never "chose" to get a hard dk over seeing a wide hip sporting cheeky jiggling cheeks.............esp when i couldn't get me some. (not interested/boy friend/gay(yes that was one instance)/etc.....................when i could solve decades of being "hard up" not getting pssy by just "choosing" my best male friend (afterall he and I are soulmates - have the same mind/concepts/interests/etc since middle school...) - so me and him (he was "hard up" too for years and years - then married a bitch that took him to the cleaners..............lol........................back to point.

25 yrs ago He and I should have just chose to "hook up" and become lovers - would have avoided my many decaded of celibacy and his awful marraige to the black widow.

but real word ain't like that. I/he did not chose to be straight, I know from knowing myself, I afford the same to those that proclaim to be gay.

if they say they were born that way, i agree - as i was born the other way.
Personally I don't think anyone 'chooses' anything, but that's another matter....
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

agreed. my dad died, been gone for a few weeks because of................I note that i can still log on - after my "tussle" with "AMod" of who is the Host and who are the Guests at this place. To his/her credit (I thank AMod for his/her magnanity(sp)), I see that I am not banned here and can still log in and discuss matters with others with minds that wish to also discuss matters - unlike that other "philosopy forum", where free thought/discusson is not welcome (or at least my thoughts were not).

hope all is well replie(sp).
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

hope all is well replie(sp).

"veg".........did not now your name in prior reply.........the setup here does not show the name of person one replies to.............and so had to post a followup to address your personally.............apologies for abreviating your "true name" too. just lazyness on my part the latter taking of liberty. no intent to dissparage.

peace to ya.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

The thing I don't understand about homosexuals, is that they often go for a person, of the same sex that looks very much like the opposite sex. For example, my friends sister is fairly feminine in appearance, and she is partnered with another woman who is very masculine. So why? Wouldn't she be better off with a male masculine person that has the required tool between their legs?
I have a bloke friend, who is very feminine. I asked him once, why doesn't he go for a masculine female - at least down stairs things would be compatible. His short answer was ..'I like dick!'
So maybe it's as simple as that, though I am rather certain it is not.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

atto,

You're lookin' for 'reason' in a subject (sex) largely defined by unreasonable primal impulse.

Sex (appetite) is a necessary insanity that can get twisted up into meaningless events like homosex.

I wouldn't waste too much time ponderin' human perversity if I were you.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greta wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:59 am
gaffo wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:06 amif they say they were born that way, i agree - as i was born the other way.
For sure. The battle against gays is a campaign for the hearts and minds of swinging voters, ie. bisexuals.

While many more people would admit innate bisexuality if not for the stigma ("mission accomplished for conservatives) there are plenty who are very much unmistakably straight or bi. The shenanigans of frustrated prisoners and boarding school students are often held up as an example of the fluidity of sexuality. What is noted less often said is that most inmates have, and want, no sex while in prison. The ones in prison having sex are gays, bisexuals and victims (some of whom later respond with rape and violence on release into the community as a result of the trauma - so much for rehabilitation in "criminal factories").

Stigmatising love between consenting adults is irrational, based on the attitudes of less enlightened forebears. Societies don't break down due to homosexuality; they break down due to hubris, ergo internal hatreds, resistance to growth and a lack of focus on what is most important, treating the trivial as though critical and the critical as unimportant. Examples: the US and to a lesser extent, the rest of the Anglosphere (largely due to US influence), the Middle East, North Korea, most of Africa and SE Asia, and a fair bit of South and Central America.

The people in many of these places need to pull their heads out of their bums (instead of worrying about what happens to other people's bums) and face reality, giving away their childish superstitions and fantasies like a child must come of age and give up Santa and Teddy. Societies that fail to gain a mature focus quickly enough will simply fail to compete this century.

I never thought the US would be vulnerable, and the disintegration of their unity has been a shock. They desperately need to give up their bombing and invading habits, and the regressive religious nonsense and anti-science oddities. Being hung up on trivial distractions such as gays being gay with each other (gosh!), transgenders going to the toilet (they should hold on!), blind science denial and religious superstition (God dunnit!) will harm the US's chances of competing an increasingly cutthroat global environment.

excellent post and amen. per the last part. its all about the decline and fall of Empires (the U.S today - Britain, Spain, Rome,Maya, Egypt, etc.....in histories past.................

it of no matter, the fall of america as the world power is inexcerable.

I don't care about Empire nor America the land-thereof. I care about the concepts/precepts of Enlightenment Ideals and my U.S Constitution (becuase it affirms the prior - there are many nations (most are either former Commonwealth Nations or Marshal Plan/MacAurthor rebuilding of Europe/Japan...............which today affirm the same said ideals (minus the Core Nation that USED to support siad enlightenment - Britian!!!!!!!!!!! (Brexit PIGS-NAZIS are the SAME as Trumpite NAZIs in my nation. America and England have disshonoured themselves - the two top enlightnment champions of the world now pissing upon said, and France, Germany and Australia are taking up the yoke - defending British and American Nazi thuggery from destroying Enlightenment ideals.

--------------BTW - after Trump (who was elected by a sick and dead America - just like the Germans elected Hitler in thier dead culture of 33) destroys America, China will simply take her place (a bit faster thats all).

India after - indians value "Western Culture" being educated via evil colonialism by Brits (unlike chinese).Indians do value Enlightenment ideals and will serve as a world power (#2 eventually - just behind China) and American/Europeon aily in "containing" Chinese land-expansion (nationalism).

2050:

1. china
2. India
3. EU (Brexit loosers will have forgotten thier follly - england will be back into the EU - but a lot poorer over the folly from 2020-2040)
4. USA
5. Brazil

Russia will be around the other lozer nation - Pakistan. #34.

Russia - could have joined the EU, but instead the Putin-sheople (like Brexer-Farangites, Trumpites - lack brains and only have brainstems for alien pupetmasters to tap into) - send Russia to not join #3 above and instead sit with the mullas on mud floors in pakistan in 2050.

Pakis have their own dillusions of "rule-Islamia" ("star of the east islamic empire....."Banglidesh is East Pakistan!"......"those evil PAGAN INDIANS!!!!!!!!!"

American should have cut that cord (cut off Pakis - and tied up with Indians 25 fucking years ago!!!!!!!!!!!! - instead we did he wise 10 yrs ago. nothing like wasting 15 yrs!...oh well better late than never i guess.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:29 pm The thing I don't understand about homosexuals, is that they often go for a person, of the same sex that looks very much like the opposite sex. For example, my friends sister is fairly feminine in appearance, and she is partnered with another woman who is very masculine. So why? Wouldn't she be better off with a male masculine person that has the required tool between their legs?
I have a bloke friend, who is very feminine. I asked him once, why doesn't he go for a masculine female - at least down stairs things would be compatible. His short answer was ..'I like dick!'
So maybe it's as simple as that, though I am rather certain it is not.
I've noted the same - one gal (one I was interested in - hippy/curvy), she informed she was gay and introduced me to her partner - a thin gal than looked like me! (a thin guy).

I don't get it. I stopped trying, its not possible to understand and will only make you crazy.

-----------

I've got a naive friend who thinks only single people can be gay (so many naive people out there ;-(............). We were talking about somebody (some dumb celibrity, said so and so was gay, and he did this "NO WAY He's Married!!!!!!!" as if that meant something! - i suspect two guys at work - one is married with two toddlers (he acts gay as shit - full bore - never talks about his wife who he now has two babies with..............think he is playing "I"m not gay!" - with himself.........just not sure where his wife fits in (what is her psychology - she is a full 10 knockout too).
gaffo

Re:

Post by gaffo »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:37 pm atto,

You're lookin' for 'reason' in a subject (sex) largely defined by unreasonable primal impulse.

Sex (appetite) is a necessary insanity that can get twisted up into meaningless events like homosex.

I wouldn't waste too much time ponderin' human perversity if I were you.
indeed, wise council Sir.