Am I a man or a woman?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Vegetariantaxidermy's racist comment

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

ForCruxSake wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Londoner wrote:
Maybe this is some genuine cultural misunderstanding; in the UK I can confirm it is pretty strong language and everyone would understand it as a crude anatomical reference.
Is kunt better?
Thanks for clearing that up, Londoner, but it doesn't matter how many voices sing the same words, she's clearly deaf to the chorus. :)

And no, it isn't better, VT. It's just you being worse, as is your way with everything. :lol:

Disguising the 'c' word with a 'k' pretty much sums up how you argue: same old rubbish, with the odd change of (irrelevant) thought.
Doesn't show up otherwise dear.
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

ForCruxSake wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Is kunt better?

Twat
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Twat (disambiguation).

The word twat is widely used as a derogatory epithet, especially in British English, referring to a person considered obnoxious or stupid.[1][2] It is also used informally as a verb in British English to mean "to hit or punch a person".[2] In British English and Commonwealth English, it is pronounced /twæt/ to rhyme with that, or sometimes /twɒt/, to rhyme with hot.[3] In North American English, it is pronounced /twɑːt/, to rhyme with squat.[1] Twat is also used in the United States as vulgar slang for the vulva.[1]
Desperate grab there VT. The bad thing about Wikipedia is ANYONE can write it. The good thing about Wikipedia is ANYONE can correct it, if they can be arsed. :)

Like most people, I prefer reputable dictionaries to check words against. Wikipedia just doesn't have the same clout when it comes to defining individual words.

Try this. It's not the OED but it's better at discussing the root of the word than Wikipedia.
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/twat
Let's have an argument about the meaning of 'twat' shall we?
It's you that seemed not to understand it and make a point of reestablishing what it means, to people who know what it means. I thought it might help you get it right. There's no argument. Just helpful clarification in case you want to misuse it again. You're welcome. :)

Ckearly, it's you that seeks to argue, the whole time.
vegetariantaxidermy

ForCruxSake wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote: Desperate grab there VT. The bad thing about Wikipedia is ANYONE can write it. The good thing about Wikipedia is ANYONE can correct it, if they can be arsed. :)

Like most people, I prefer reputable dictionaries to check words against. Wikipedia just doesn't have the same clout when it comes to defining individual words.

Try this. It's not the OED but it's better at discussing the root of the word than Wikipedia.
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/twat
Let's have an argument about the meaning of 'twat' shall we?
It's you that seemed not to understand it and make a point of reestablishing what it means, to people who know what it means. I thought it might help you get it right. There's no argument. Just helpful clarification in case you want to misuse it again. You're welcome. :)

Ckearly, it's you that seeks to argue, the whole time.
:D
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Am I a man or a woman?

Concise Oxford Dictionary 1982 (The one that's made of paper with a hard cover, dark blue with a yellow and blue diagonal stripe).

twat

noun
vulgar slang

A woman's genitals;

unpleasant and stupid person. [17thc.; orig. unkn.]
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

ForCruxSake wrote: It's you that seemed not to understand it and make a point of reestablishing what it means,
I have to agree with you, fux. The definition VT found describes a twat as someone obnoxious or stupid, since you are obnoxious and stupid it appears you are not actually a twat, which is a shame as the label suits you so well.
Last edited by Harbal on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: An unpleasant and stupid person.
You were right all along, VT. That settles it then: fux is a twat.
vegetariantaxidermy

Harbal wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: An unpleasant and stupid person.
You were right all along, VT. That settles it then: fux is a twat.
Do you think he/she will apologise?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Do you think he/she will apologise?
I doubt it, he/she is an obstinate twat.
vegetariantaxidermy

Harbal wrote:
I can't believe he/she made such a huge argument out of the meaning of 'twat'. People will often do that to divert attention when they know they have lost an argument. I've seen it a lot. It's known as 'the logical fallacy of the overinflated triviality'. First popularised by 16th century court jesters and fishmongers.
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

Harbal wrote:
I can't believe he/she made such a huge argument out of the meaning of 'twat'. People will often do that to divert attention when they know they have lost an argument. I've seen it a lot. It's known as 'the logical fallacy of the overinflated triviality'. First popularised by 16th century court jesters and fishmongers.
Look at you, still chewing the fat over this.

There was no argument as all you did was spout racist rhetoric and try to insult me. Nothing to fight but hatred. No argument there.

Now you need the help of Harbal to continue the insult as there is no real dialogue, of any substance, with you. Or him. (There is very little to talk about with him which is why I rarely bother to reply to him.) You're like a couple of infants when it comes to talking about things. If things don't go your way you fall back to insult. That's not winning an argument. That's not even discussion. That's just having a hissy fit.

I did try to evaluate one of your final contributions to the discussion: "rascist bitch", but it was so far up the scale of the critical thinking you aspire to, it eluded me... Oh dear, did I say "far up the scale of critical thinking..."? That's not what I meant to say.... :lol:
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Concise Oxford Dictionary 1982 (The one that's made of paper with a hard cover, dark blue with a yellow and blue diagonal stripe).

twat

noun
vulgar slang

A woman's genitals;

Are you contradicting yourself, as when we tried to tell you this, you wouldn't have it? Nice to see you taking on board something I have said and used a dictionary to do it, too! :)

Still not looked up 'hysterical', I take it?
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Concise Oxford Dictionary 1982 (The one that's made of paper with a hard cover, dark blue with a yellow and blue diagonal stripe).

twat

noun
vulgar slang

A woman's genitals;

What was it you were saying about large text?
Vegitariantaxidermy wrote:Btw, big lettering makes for a compelling 'argument'. Just ask Bob. :)
Nah, it doesn't. That big, it's not even 'shouty', it just looks hysterical... Have you looked it up yet?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

ForCruxSake wrote: Now you need the help of Harbal to continue the insult
I hardly think VT needs any help dealing with the likes of you, you're not exactly a challenge. I only joined in because it looked like she was having fun.
vegetariantaxidermy

ForCruxSake wrote:

twat

noun
vulgar slang

A woman's genitals;

Are you contradicting yourself, as when we tried to tell you this, you wouldn't have it? Nice to see you taking on board something I have said and used a dictionary to do it, too! :)

Still not looked up 'hysterical', I take it?
Ummm. No. I'm not 'contradicting myself'. A word can have more than one meaning, dear. I simply chose the one I was familiar with. You were the one insisting it only had one meaning.
I see your sense of humour is as sophisticated as your 'debating' skills.
vegetariantaxidermy

Harbal wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote: Now you need the help of Harbal to continue the insult
I hardly think VT needs any help dealing with the likes of you, you're not exactly a challenge. I only joined in because it looked like she was having fun.
Actually he's too stupid to be fun. There has to be a bit more of a balance for an argument to be fun or it just gets boring and tiresome. Notice the way he keeps clinging to overinflated trivialities? It's like watching a beached fish.
She is conceited and hypocritically PC enough to be a mediocre school teacher. Probably banging away on a laptop in between Facebook posts when she's supposed to be teaching.