Am I a man or a woman?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greta

Re: Re:

Post by Greta »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Greta wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: But those 'bull dykes' (such a 'flattering' description) are never going to be as masculine as a very masculine man.
Of course not. There is overlap. I'm just pointing out diversity, something that certain moronic fools here cannot comprehend.

I am sorry for speaking crudely. I hope that you, as a refined refined and gentle creature, are not offended :lol: :lol:
'Diversity'. Another perfectly useful word that has been press-ganged into the dictionary of political correctness.
Forget political correctness. Diversity exists and I'm not going to ignore that scientific fact just because self-hating bisexuals like Henry are annoyed by it.

My favourite lesson in diversity is quite recent, from Trust Me, I'm a Doctor http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/article ... -change-it

Simply, what is good for one person can be bad for others in surprising and counter-intuitive ways. As a shorthand we tend to assume that we are all the same, given that we are the same species (aside from Henry Habilis) but it's only shorthand, a convenience. We are different on many levels, and much of the distrust of others who are different in unwarranted. No, most unusual people probably aren't trying to be different, they most likely really are unusual.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Greta wrote:
Greta wrote: Of course not. There is overlap. I'm just pointing out diversity, something that certain moronic fools here cannot comprehend.

I am sorry for speaking crudely. I hope that you, as a refined refined and gentle creature, are not offended :lol: :lol:
'Diversity'. Another perfectly useful word that has been press-ganged into the dictionary of political correctness.
Forget political correctness. Diversity exists and I'm not going to ignore that scientific fact just because self-hating bisexuals like Henry are annoyed by it.

My favourite lesson in diversity is quite recent, from Trust Me, I'm a Doctor http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/article ... -change-it

Simply, what is good for one person can be bad for others in surprising and counter-intuitive ways. As a shorthand we tend to assume that we are all the same, given that we are the same species (aside from Henry Habilis) but it's only shorthand, a convenience. We are different on many levels, and much of the distrust of others who are different in unwarranted. No, most unusual people probably aren't trying to be different, they most likely really are unusual.
I have found that often those who preach the most about 'diversity' are less than pleased when confronted with someone who really is 'different'. Even those 'diversives' you describe are fitting into a neat box. What do you do with someone who doesn't?
Greta

Post by Greta »

Greta wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: 'Diversity'. Another perfectly useful word that has been press-ganged into the dictionary of political correctness.

I have found that often those who preach the most about 'diversity' are less than pleased when confronted with someone who really is 'different'. Even those 'diversives' you describe are fitting into a neat box. What do you do with someone who doesn't?
Nothing. It's not my business.

Look, I know the kind of people you are talking about. I flatted with some social workers a few decades ago and I felt like I was in some kind of confusing straitjacket. It was good to get away and be able to call a spade a spade. However, while they were your classic SJWs and painfully dictatorial, they at least meant well. They were not bad people.

To me, that's the most important thing. That's why I have problems with the hate speech types here - they are gratuitously destructive and, worse, they always either ignore or misrepresent the science around whatever they are carrying on about.
vegetariantaxidermy

Greta wrote:
Greta wrote: Forget political correctness. Diversity exists and I'm not going to ignore that scientific fact just because self-hating bisexuals like Henry are annoyed by it.

Look, I know the kind of people you are talking about. I flatted with some social workers a few decades ago and I felt like I was in some kind of confusing straitjacket. It was good to get away and be able to call a spade a spade. However, while they were your classic SJWs and painfully dictatorial, they at least meant well. They were not bad people.

To me, that's the most important thing. That's why I have problems with the hate speech types here - they are gratuitously destructive and, worse, they always either ignore or misrepresent the science around whatever they are carrying on about.
'They mean well'. That's debatable. If they think that controlling the thoughts and words of others is 'well-meaning' then there is something seriously wrong with them. I suppose the Nazis were well-meaning too. They actually believed they were improving the human race (too).
Greta

Post by Greta »

Greta wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: I have found that often those who preach the most about 'diversity' are less than pleased when confronted with someone who really is 'different'. Even those 'diversives' you describe are fitting into a neat box. What do you do with someone who doesn't?

'They mean well'. That's debatable. If they think that controlling the thoughts and words of others is 'well-meaning' then there is something seriously wrong with them. I suppose the Nazis were well-meaning too. They actually believed they were improving the human race (too).
No, they actually meant well. They worked their backsides off to help those less fortunate. Just hard to be around for too long.
vegetariantaxidermy

Greta wrote:
Greta wrote: Nothing. It's not my business.

No, they actually meant well. They worked their backsides off to help those less fortunate. Just hard to be around for too long.
So 'doing good' then.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

" So you were once female Henry."

Missing the point.

What I am today is a man (XY with everything -- physically, psychologically -- extending out from that).

That my penis coulda been a vagina doesn't negate what it 'is' now.

What coulda been never trumps what is.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"Am I to be worried by your pathetic obscenities?"

You were/are worried enough to respond to 'em.

'nuff said.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"Diversity'. Another perfectly useful word that has been press-ganged into the dictionary of political correctness."

Exactly.

There's not nearly as much (human) diversity as certain dim bulbs would have us believe.

Seems to me: the (human) model is pretty set, pretty standard, doesn't offer all that much variability (across the board).

We ain't livin' in a transhuman world (yet).
vegetariantaxidermy

Re:

henry quirk wrote:"Diversity'. Another perfectly useful word that has been press-ganged into the dictionary of political correctness."

Exactly.

There's not nearly as much (human) diversity as certain dim bulbs would have us believe.

Seems to me: the (human) model is pretty set, pretty standard, doesn't offer all that much variability (across the board).

Yes. Apparently only 1.7 percent of Americans identify as 'gay' and 0.3 as 'transgender'. I thought the 'gay' percentage was a lot higher than that. The PC would have us believe that we are all practically equal in numbers. Not that I think they should have any less rights than anyone else, or be treated with any less consideration, but I just don't like, or see the point, in all the lies we are constantly fed.
Greta

Re:

Post by Greta »

henry quirk wrote:"Diversity'. Another perfectly useful word that has been press-ganged into the dictionary of political correctness."

Exactly.

Farmer Henry and his bales of straw :roll:

People (and members of other mammal species) vary in almost every conceivable way. Yes, some people are different and some are downright weird. So what? I see no reason to victimise those with attributes on the fringe of the Bell Curve as long as they are not causing others unreasonable harm.
Greta

Re:

Post by Greta »

henry quirk wrote:"Am I to be worried by your pathetic obscenities?"

You were/are worried enough to respond to 'em.

'nuff said.
Sho' 'nuff I was/am responding to 'em from contempt, not worry. Why do y'all use that there pretentious hick speak?

You don't use redneck speak when talking here about metaphysics but when it comes to hassling women or queers you start with these idiot affectations. Hmm.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re:

Exactly.
The same goes for 'multiculturalism'--another addition to the PC dictionary. Different cultures don't mix and never will, which is why you find so much crime in 'multicultural melting-pot' areas. You don't often find Chinese in Somalian gangs, or vice versa.
Walker

Re: Am I a man or a woman?

Post by Walker »

I read that Rachael Dolezal’s notions of trans-racial were not well received when she recently visited South Africa.

Populations naturally segregate.
Diversity is an exception to the norm.
Diversity is either mandated by the individual, or by society.
- The question is, why?

For instance, NYC has always been a city of neighborhoods.

These city maps tell the tale.
Birds of a feather flock together.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... .html?_r=0
Walker

Role reversal

Post by Walker »

Role reversal.

In this dynamic,
the man is inappropriately defensive,
and the woman is objectively rational.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbLK4RZDdzI