Am I a man or a woman?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

ForCruxSake

Re: Re:

Post by ForCruxSake »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Harbal wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote: I was talking about regional identity and how it's spun by those with a racist agenda.
I have no idea what it's like where you live but I don't have to travel far in any direction to see areas that have had their "regional identity" completely obliterated by immigration. How can it not cause resentment?
Apparently you and I don't have a cultural identity so it doesn't matter.
I don't know where you're from but I had assumed Harbal was from Yorkshire, where the grooming cases took place. For all I know Harbal could be black, but until it means something to him to bring it up, in which case it matters... It doesn't. He's just someone from an area which appears to be threatened by immigration. If he wants to clarify where he's from, he will, and it will lend itself to the conversation.

It is YOU who are saying it doesn't matter, not me, not Harbal.

Again you are being pugnacious and deliberately distorting the conversation. The purpose seems only to be whiny and annoyed. It adds nothing to the conversation.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

ForCruxSake wrote:
Harbal wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote: I was talking about regional identity and how it's spun by those with a racist agenda.
I have no idea what it's like where you live but I don't have to travel far in any direction to see areas that have had their "regional identity" completely obliterated by immigration. How can it not cause resentment?
And curry's a well loved national dish. Find a way to live with it.

We did down south, although we lived through more race riots than the rest of the country. We're well mixed. No one's complaining about obliterated cultures down here. Perhaps the economics and opportunities down here are better and there's more to smile about... But not much more. We just strive to get along and defend our neighbours. We hate haters.
I'm sure you speak for all of 'the South'.
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

ForCruxSake wrote:
Harbal wrote: I have no idea what it's like where you live but I don't have to travel far in any direction to see areas that have had their "regional identity" completely obliterated by immigration. How can it not cause resentment?
And curry's a well loved national dish. Find a way to live with it.

We did down south, although we lived through more race riots than the rest of the country. We're well mixed. No one's complaining about obliterated cultures down here. Perhaps the economics and opportunities down here are better and there's more to smile about... But not much more. We just strive to get along and defend our neighbours. We hate haters.
I'm sure you speak for all of 'the South'.
Pugnacious, whiny, adds nothing to the conversation.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

ForCruxSake wrote: No. The police's failure to act for fear of being branded racist was the problem. Not the race of the men.
Of course the police were at fault, that's widely accepted. If you are saying the gangs were sexual predators who just happened to be asian, you are an idiot. The mindset of these people is very much to do with their culture.
And here you are adding to the problem, you racist troll.
It's hard to see how I'm adding to the problem, I haven't been involved in any way. And you can stuff the "racist" rant, it's a meaningless term used by fools like you to shut people up. You've admitted yourself that is what paralysed the police, it's you that's adding to the problem.
It's people like me that get called on to represent those involved
You can't begin to know how fortunate that makes me feel about not being involved.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Am I a man or a woman?

Insults always make your argument stronger. Apparently less than 45% of Londoners are 'white British', so that could be why they aren't complaining too loudly. They just look for the 'reputable schools'. :)
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Insults always make your argument stronger. Apparently less than 45% of Londoners are 'white British', so that could be why they aren't complaining too loudly. They just look for the 'reputable schools'. :)
PWA....(Pugnacious, whiny, adding little to the conversation)
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

ForCruxSake wrote: Perhaps the economics and opportunities down here are better and there's more to smile about...
Well I'm very pleased for you, and even more pleased if it keeps you down there.
vegetariantaxidermy

ForCruxSake wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Insults always make your argument stronger. Apparently less than 45% of Londoners are 'white British', so that could be why they aren't complaining too loudly. They just look for the 'reputable schools'. :)
Yes. You are, aren't you.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

I'm sending out for a take-away, anybody want anything?
vegetariantaxidermy

Harbal wrote:I'm sending out for a take-away, anybody want anything?
I prefer to make my own curries, thanks.
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

Harbal wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote: No. The police's failure to act for fear of being branded racist was the problem. Not the race of the men.
Of course the police were at fault, that's widely accepted. If you are saying the gangs were sexual predators who just happened to be asian, you are an idiot. The mindset of these people is very much to do with their culture.
And here you are adding to the problem, you racist troll.
It's hard to see how I'm adding to the problem, I haven't been involved in any way. And you can stuff the "racist" rant, it's a meaningless term used by fools like you to shut people up. You've admitted yourself that is what paralysed the police, it's you that's adding to the problem.
Not at all. I said that avoiding race and blaming race were two sides to a coin that should never have been in currency. The fact they were Asian should have mattered as much as they were all over 5ft in height. You're adding to the problem by MAKING it a race issue. I'm not adding to the problem. I'm pointing out the problem. I would have thought out of VT and you, that you would get that. Clearly I over estimated you.
It's people like me that get called on to represent those involved
You can't begin to know how fortunate that makes me feel about not being involved.[/quote]
Works for me. I wouldn't want to work with someone who sees trolling people online as a community service. :)

Despite that, it was actually good talking to you about something that actually mattered.
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

ForCruxSake wrote:
Lost for words and having to rely on someone who can actually say something... You're welcome. :)
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: I prefer to make my own curries, thanks.
Very wise.
vegetariantaxidermy

ForCruxSake wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote: PWA....(Pugnacious, whiny, adding little to the conversation)
Lost for words and having to rely on someone who can actually say something... You're welcome. :)
You describe yourself so perfectly I don't need to bother. :)
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

Harbal wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote: Perhaps the economics and opportunities down here are better and there's more to smile about...
Well I'm very pleased for you, and even more pleased if it keeps you down there.
You're the one that keeps wanting to engage with me. So your comment seems rather contradictory.

Don't talk to me if you don't want anything to do with me, you silly boy. :roll: