If Women Ruled The World

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: If Women Ruled The World

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Walker wrote:Clean your ears out. To review the past:

- Rather than fetch the meaning of manipulation and personal power for you, I suggested you look up the meanings for yourself, and then apply those meanings to the term, true leader.

- If you are in doubt about any meanings, speak up. Glad to help.

- If you then can manage to write something that isn’t a total waste of time, do give it a go, and good luck with the effortation.
You will be wanting one of these (if you don't already have one). I believe it's anatomically correct.

Walker

Post by Walker »

VT, what do you think that you represent with your presence?

What lineage do you represent?
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote:VT, what do you think that you represent with your presence?

Translation: What is your political agenda? Everyone must have one.
I don't.
Walker begins to weep and then laugh maniacally, after which his head does a 360 degree spin before exploding.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:

I don't.
Walker begins to weep and then laugh maniacally, after which his head does a 360 degree spin before exploding.
- I’ve never heard the word translated as such.

- For a claim of no political agenda to define it as such rings an off-key bogus that inspires neither bent reaction, courtesy, nor an accurate reading of the clock.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:

I don't.
- I’ve never heard the word translated as such.

- For a claim of no political agenda to define it as such rings an off-key bogus that inspires neither bent reaction, courtesy, nor an accurate reading of the clock.
If you insist on 'writing' in your own cute little language then expect others to translate it as they please. Perhaps you were asking for my family tree. Who could know? And how is only being interested in what is true having a political agenda? You are so in love with Trump that you can't even admit to his inadequacies. If you call Obama a liar, then you should be calling Trump and Bush liars too. As a matter of fact I wanted him to win against HC. I saw him as less of a warmonger and slightly less scary--loathsome and vulgar as he is. There was no way of telling that he could be so easily manipulated and thus be only a putty President for those rather more politically savvy than he is.
Btw, I don't expect you to understand a word of this, so spare the cutesy-pie response please. :|
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: an off-key bogus
You don't see one of those every day.
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

uwot wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote:Where are you from?
A place northeast of Dorking called London.
Ah, London, that place north of Brighton and east of Reading. That makes two of us. 'Care to share ' never brought out any slaps round our way. Even the boys from the 'east end' bandy it about.
uwot wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote:Where I come from it's a prompt to show that someone isn't actually bored of what you've said so far.
Then that is what I shall take you to mean.
Good because it's good to receive another gift wrapped reply from you.
uwot wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote:...if you're not hard-of-thinking.

I do my best.
I can see that. :)
uwot wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote:That a group anywhere in the world has developed an organised way of running a community, based on the rule of women, deserves investigation or exploration.
I have four sisters. Believe me, it's been done.
You should read 'No More Mr Nice Guy' by Robert A Glover, about men, who may well have grown up around women, who develop a 'nice guy' persona, finding it difficult to achieve what it is that they want for themselves.
uwot wrote:If is your thing, then absolutely; but it is a very small sample and one which, as the article suggests, is likely to disappear with no obvious resistance from the subjects.
I think it suggests a liberal attitude, with people coming and going, but not that it will disappear
uwot wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote:I get that you are scientific in your approach to thinking, but the way you express yourself suggests you have a less than rigid, 'on point' way of thinking. You seem a little bit more able to let yourself go in the way you write.
Force of habit. Or maybe my genetic/cerebral architecture. Nurture? Nature? Dunno. Even I find myself infuriating.
"Even"? Are you suggesting I find you infuriating? Or others???
uwot wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote:All I'm asking is for *your* opinion on what may be going on, not a correct observation.
Well, the article doesn't put much meat on the bone. It would be interesting to know about their mythology and scientific theories. There are, or were, cultures that didn't equate sex with reproduction, I can't remember the details, but I think it was some Polynesian group, the men of whom would go exploring the South Pacific, come back a year or two later, thrilled that they were the father of a newborn. Paternity does complicate things, which, come to think of it, may be why Plato recommended that children be brought up communally in the Republic.
Great point.
uwot wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote:You mentioned earlier about women having to overcome ideas of feminine conduct in the boardroom. Women are different in the boardroom to how they may show their true selves in any other form of contact.
What do you think that says about men in the boardroom?
That they stay in the framework of masculinity, however that might manifest itself in the rest if their lives. Unlike with women.
uwot wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote:My original hope for the post was that people might think in an original way. Be a bit creative about what the world would be like if those rules were reversed and the rules had been, or were, set by women.
We can all wonder. The current experiment with liberal democracy was, and despite going a bit pear shaped at the moment, remains our best hope, in my opinion. It is the best defence we have against psychopaths running the place, but it really needs to be worked at.
Or readdressed and reformed, from top to bottom.
uwot wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote:Clearly not the forum for this kind of thinking. Many people here don't think. They fight and, in fighting, resist thinking. I just want a bit of colour beyond the usual crap that takes place here.
Hmm. (And before you ask: no.)
:lol:
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Walker wrote:Clean your ears out. To review the past:

- Rather than fetch the meaning of manipulation and personal power for you, I suggested you look up the meanings for yourself, and then apply those meanings to the term, true leader.
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/manipulate

Show me a 'true leader' who hasn't done any of this. If that is you are saying brute-force is not the key.

Oh! By the by, you've still not said what this 'personal power' involves?
- If you are in doubt about any meanings, speak up. Glad to help.
Nah! Fine thanks.
- If you then can manage to write something that isn’t a total waste of time, do give it a go, and good luck with the effortation.
I'll waste my time as I see fit thanks.
Walker

Post by Walker »

That’s right. You’re getting the idea now. If you don’t understand a word, you just look up the meaning in an appropriate dictionary.

Technically, personal power is two words, but to not get too bogged down with the obvious need for the elementary, consider it as one expression.

Now that the process of the works is dawning upon planet earth, some computer searches for the phrase, “personal power,” will lead further into abstract signposts to aid in an understanding of sorts. Of course, growing interest and enthusiasm to quench any newfound intellectual thirst will cause one to begin relating this new information to that other word, manipulation.

The alternative is to do as I did, and look within for the meanings of these words individually and in relation to each other. You see, English is my second language although I am long familiar with it. I don’t have a first language. (credit, Bill Murray)

No one can play dumb forever. After awhile it’s just dragging that old line-item crutch format around. We encourage honest participation in dialogue. It’s rather easy once you get real. Give it a go and let’s see what's discovered. Perhaps even the true inner meaning will reveal once there’s some evidence that effortation towards the preliminaries has led to an appropriate capacity that excludes obfuscation.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote:
Walker wrote: an off-key bogus
You don't see one of those every day.
I use it every chance I get, which so far is once.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Walker wrote:... obfuscation.
Something that fits your posts very well.

Still not hearing any answers to my questions despite me being a little darling and answering yours. C'mon big boy, fess-up like a real man.
Walker

Post by Walker »

After all the thrashing about, for you it still comes down to look it up sandbox, for the whiny drone of complaints and wishes are not at all inspiring.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:You will be wanting one of these (if you don't already have one). I believe it's anatomically correct.
This is right up your alley.

An Amazing Discovery – Culturally Speaking – We’re All Adults Here
https://earloftaint.com/2017/04/23/an-a ... ults-here/
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:You will be wanting one of these (if you don't already have one). I believe it's anatomically correct.
This is right up your alley.

An Amazing Discovery – Culturally Speaking – We’re All Adults Here
https://earloftaint.com/2017/04/23/an-a ... ults-here/
Male sexuality gets creepier by the year. I bet you have started saving already. :|

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_M56kJ-wv4
Walker

Post by Walker »

- Not my cup-o-tea.

- Actually, female demands are outpacing sales to males.

- This suggests that if women ruled the world,
men would have to measure up to doll toys.

- - Re link: Google requires joining the club to watch the video..