If Women Ruled The World

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

ForCruxSake

If Women Ruled The World

Post by ForCruxSake »

Ok, this scenario works for a small community, in Tibet, but I am wondering how it would impact on a global level? Could it be tweaked? Had it been a global precedent going back, say, a millenia, how might history have been affected?

This is a bit of creative exercise, one where those that post are asked to let themselves go a bit, have a bit of fun.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... plnews_d-2
Walker

Re: If Women Ruled The World

Post by Walker »

- Twas a woman who developed the Tibetan practice of facing fear.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

There'd be a lot more wars, and bloodier wars at that. You though Vlad was brutal, women would out do him any day.
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

thedoc wrote:There'd be a lot more wars, and bloodier wars at that. You though Vlad was brutal, women would out do him any day.
I have to say, this does sound rather mysogynistic and unsupported with genuine thought. I never thought Vlad that brutal, given that the ages have thrown up some real brutes. I thought him creative when it came to brutality.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

ForCruxSake wrote:
thedoc wrote:There'd be a lot more wars, and bloodier wars at that. You though Vlad was brutal, women would out do him any day.
I have to say, this does sound rather mysogynistic and unsupported with genuine thought. I never thought Vlad that brutal, given that the ages have thrown up some real brutes. I thought him creative when it came to brutality.
Yes, Vlad was very creative in his brutality, but he was a product of his times, does that excuse him for his actions?

I have just observed reality, how is that mysogynistic?
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

thedoc wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote:
Yes, Vlad was very creative in his brutality, but he was a product of his times, does that excuse him for his actions?

Well, given that a woman's nature is more usually noted as tending towards nurture and raising children, care in general, why would a matriarchal society tend towards war? I don't see the reality in what you said, especially as it was unsupported by any kind of factual evidence. It came across as said by someone who might have had more than your average man's personal experience of warrior like women....

:lol:
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

ForCruxSake wrote: Well, given that a woman's nature is more usually noted as tending towards nurture and raising children, care in general, why would a matriarchal society tend towards war? I don't see the reality in what you said, especially as it was unsupported by any kind of factual evidence. It came across as said by someone who might have had more than your average man's personal experience of warrior like women....

I heard an account of Hillary who burst into a room where Bill was having a meeting with some of his adviser's while he was president and she started screaming at him and he just sat there quietly till she finished and left. She was vicious and violent but couldn't act on her impulses in front of witnesses. She was certainly not gentle and nurturing to her children or husband, she is a vicious war mongering bitch.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

thedoc wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote: Well, given that a woman's nature is more usually noted as tending towards nurture and raising children, care in general, why would a matriarchal society tend towards war? I don't see the reality in what you said, especially as it was unsupported by any kind of factual evidence. It came across as said by someone who might have had more than your average man's personal experience of warrior like women....

I heard an account of Hillary who burst into a room where Bill was having a meeting with some of his adviser's while he was president and she started screaming at him and he just sat there quietly till she finished and left. She was vicious and violent but couldn't act on her impulses in front of witnesses. She was certainly not gentle and nurturing to her children or husband, she is a vicious war mongering bitch.
Something I agree with. Women are just as likely to be psychopaths as men.

Walker

Post by Walker »

thedoc wrote:

President Trump also referred to her violent and destructive temperament in the presidential debates. To paraphrase he said … you criticize the way I talk, my temperament? Heard you back there before the debate and, wow.

Her response? She just sneered at him, no words required. Why?
- She knows that in this day and age, if there is not an electronic record such as a video,
- if there is no proof of the past,
- then the past does not exist.
- This was why she hid her server from official scrutiny.
- And if there is an electronic record, it can be destroyed.
- And if it can’t be destroyed, it can be hidden.
- And if it is found, it can be explained away.
- And if the explanation is too thin, it can be stonewalled with various tactics.
- It’s so plainly simple, it’s got the rhythm of a children’s book.

When he was president her husband also displayed minor facial contusions on at least one occasion, but who knows how that happened … office work can get pretty physical.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote:
thedoc wrote:

President Trump also referred to her violent and destructive temperament in the presidential debates. To paraphrase he said … you criticize the way I talk, my temperament? Heard you back there before the debate and, wow.

Her response? She just sneered at him, no words required. Why?
- She knows that in this day and age, if there is not an electronic record such as a video,
- if there is no proof of the past,
- then the past does not exist.
- This was why she hid her server from official scrutiny.
- And if there is an electronic record, it can be destroyed.
- And if it can’t be destroyed, it can be hidden.
- And if it is found, it can be explained away.
- And if the explanation is too thin, it can be stonewalled with various tactics.
- It’s so plainly simple, it’s got the rhythm of a children’s book.

When he was president her husband also displayed minor facial contusions on at least one occasion, but who knows how that happened … office work can get pretty physical.
But you have an agenda so your opinion doesn't count here. Trump lies all the time too, but that doesn't seem to bother you.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:But you have an agenda so your opinion doesn't count here. Trump lies all the time too, but that doesn't seem to bother you.
You continue in silliness, if not incomprehension.

I'm merely expanding the essence of thedoc's observation, using knowledge and facts rather than, well, let us say, other methods.
Walker

Post by Walker »

ForCruxSake wrote:
thedoc wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote: I have to say, this does sound rather mysogynistic and unsupported with genuine thought. I never thought Vlad that brutal, given that the ages have thrown up some real brutes. I thought him creative when it came to brutality.

Well, given that a woman's nature is more usually noted as tending towards nurture and raising children, care in general, why would a matriarchal society tend towards war? I don't see the reality in what you said, especially as it was unsupported by any kind of factual evidence. It came across as said by someone who might have had more than your average man's personal experience of warrior like women....

The paradigm is:

- A woman manipulates a man with his desire for sex, to get what she wants.
- A man manipulates a woman with her desire for security, to get what he wants.

This is the way of things. It is simple, basic, nothing new. It’s an old story.

- Within the time span of a fraction of a human lifetime, a new and evolving taxonomy of sex/gender identities has been discovered by science.
- Who knows, life-like robots may soon be a part of the mix.

- However, these are all variations upon the stated paradigm, which if analyzed closely, would involve attachment, desire, self-interest, manipulation, expectation, ideology … and so on.

- A woman warrior? Fearsome. Adept at detecting weaknesses and capitalizing on attachments. Her primary targets would be enemy women. Why? Because she knows that if she does not destroy them, men will rush to their defense, and she can use this causal knowledge to the advantage of the situation, as she defines advantage.
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
thedoc wrote:

Agreed, but not all men, let alone the majority of men are psychopaths.

The women in Tibet were a community of women who have grown in a culture where women rule the roost and make the decisions for the community, en masse. By citing Private Lynndie England, you actually destroy your own argument. What made England's story go mainstream was the fact that women DON'T usually act like this. If there were widespread stories of women in the armed forces going beyond decency with acts of uber-violence, then I would be agreeing with you whole heartedly, but there aren't such stories, and I can't agree that women in charge would resort to the wholesale violence of war, unless under attack. Even then, I have a feeling they would broker for peace first.
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

thedoc wrote:

Not letting you have it. You can't base all women's actions on the action of one particular woman. A woman so unpopular it makes you wonder whether other women would want to even be like her.

The Tibetan community was not instituted by one woman, nor is it under the control of one woman, but is a cultural phenomenon that has occurred outside of the more mainstream cultures around it, dominated by the rule of men. It must have grown out of a collective sense of what is good for the community. The men could simply have used their brute force to over power the women and take control but they haven't because the way they live has safeguarded their community for centuries. If you read on in the article, community members have left to join the mainstream, so they are not forced to stay.

It seems like a loose culture with fewer rules than in a man's world. No one is tied to anyone, no one is chattel, but relationships flourish out of a sense of love of desire to be together however long that might last.
vegetariantaxidermy

ForCruxSake wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
thedoc wrote:

Agreed, but not all men, let alone the majority of men are psychopaths.

The women in Tibet were a community of women who have grown in a culture where women rule the roost and make the decisions for the community, en masse. By citing Private Lynndie England, you actually destroy your own argument. What made England's story go mainstream was the fact that women DON'T usually act like this. If there were widespread stories of women in the armed forces going beyond decency with acts of uber-violence, then I would be agreeing with you whole heartedly, but there aren't such stories, and I can't agree that women in charge would resort to the wholesale violence of war, unless under attack. Even then, I have a feeling they would broker for peace first.
Where did I say all or most men are psychopaths? How would you know if women don't usually act like this under these circumstances? The female concentration camp guards were notorious for their extreme brutality. Women are no more immune to their baser selves surfacing when they are given power as men are. England's story didn't go mainstream because women 'don't usually' act like that-- it's because it was filmed and leaked. And she's not the only woman in the photos. The other one there is some bitch called Sabrina Harman (who weirdly resembles one of the worst of the female Nazi camp guards). No doubt there were plenty more who didn't get caught.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.