Should women focus more on jobs or children?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Explorer

Should women focus more on jobs or children?

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

There are other possibilities so please focus on the title question.

For many years, woman have focused on raising their children. More recently, they have put off giving birth to children to focus on a career. For society as a whole, which is preferable: upon marriage, to get that career going and put off childbirth or have a child(ren) and put off a career?

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Should women focus more on jobs or children?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Women 'shouldn't' do anything. In case you didn't realise it, women are human individuals who have a brain and can generally make decisions for themselves about things such as how to run their own lives. And the way the world is now women would be crazy to leave the work force for too long. Marriages don't last for more than about five minutes these days, and they don't want to be left with a bunch of children and an obsolete 'resumee' (thanks again America).
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Women 'shouldn't' do anything. In case you didn't realise it, women are human individuals who have a brain and can generally make decisions for themselves about things such as how to run their own lives.
That's one of the other possibilities I was referring to. I'm
talking about married women (which also ofc includes British married women).

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Women 'shouldn't' do anything. In case you didn't realise it, women are human individuals who have a brain and can generally make decisions for themselves about things such as how to run their own lives.

PhilX
What do 'British' women have to do with the price of sardines?
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:

PhilX
The only differences are their geography and history. Their genes match up.

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:

PhilX
The only differences are their geography and history. Their genes match up.

PhilX
:?:
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

PhilX
I think you have offended her PC SJW sensibilities.
ken

Post by ken »

Should men focus more on jobs or children?

If human beings have reached a point in their evolution that they are now questioning if adults should focus more on jobs and money instead of on their children, then I think they really need to rethink what life and living is all about.

Have adult human beings really forgotten that they will be dead in a very short time? Do they really not realise that the world they create and leave for ALL children is far more important than any focus on jobs and obtaining as much money as they can before they die?
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote:

PhilX
I think you have offended her PC SJW sensibilities.
You are an idiot, and you don't have an objective bone in your body. As a matter of fact human children need their mothers, just as baby bears need their mothers, as every other mammal baby does, but unfortunately it has become a 'luxury' for women to bring up their own children, and NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT to do so other than for a few token months. Remember when women at home with children were called 'cabbages', or 'suburban neurotics'? The SJWs were so busy pretending to care about 'equality' that they turned women who really did want to stay at home with their children into laughing stocks and social pariahs. You don't seem to be able to discern the difference between simply pointing out facts, and being politically correct. The two are diametrically opposed, you bigoted, fascist member of the thought police.
A 'social justice warrior' will feel deeply about a social injustice eg. The Suffragettes, Martin Luther King... and actually take practical steps to invoke change, often at great cost to themselves. They are genuinely passionate about what they are fighting for, unlike SJWs who are hypocrites through and through. An SJW is certain that his/her brand of 'morality' is the only one that counts, and insists that the rest of the world adheres to SJWisms's strict 'code of conduct' and 'thinks' and speaks the same way PCSJW adherents do about EVERYTHING... or else! An SJW takes no risks, preferring to do 'brave' things like infiltrating the school system and preying on the minds of children, or threatening people's livelihoods for not obeying their rules. SJWism even has its own brand of 'Newspeak', eliminating certain words and phrases that are not politically acceptable to them and replacing them with their own bullshit ones (subject to change and whatever is deemed 'fashionable' by SJWs at any given time). SJWism is a religion. It's about control and taking the moral high ground. A rotten religion to the core.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: As a matter of fact human children need their mothers,.
Nope.
There are plenty of successful people that have never seen their mothers. And other who have been brought up by only men.

You talk about objectivity? What a fucking joke!
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: As a matter of fact human children need their mothers.
No, a human baby needs a parent who cares, gender doesn't matter.
vegetariantaxidermy

thedoc wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: As a matter of fact human children need their mothers.
No, a human baby needs a parent who cares, gender doesn't matter.
It can never be any more than a lesser substitute for even a barely average mother. Ever heard a father singing a bedtime lullaby? Or seen a father breastfeeding? (Now Hobbes will come on and tell me about all the fathers who have successfully breastfed). And yes, I am well aware that there are many terrible human mothers, and even more terrible human fathers. It's far more commonplace for a father to up and leave his children (especially if another woman is in the picture) than it is for a woman to do that. When a man does that it's considered quite normal. When a woman does it she's considered 'unnatural'.

Stating the obvious:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/200 ... ationships
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: As a matter of fact human children need their mothers,.
Nope.
There are plenty of successful people that have never seen their mothers. And other who have been brought up by only men.

You talk about objectivity? What a fucking joke!
The fact that there may or not be exceptions isn't even relevant you pathetic PC twit. Ok. Right. Human babies are the only baby mammals that don't need a mother. So what you are saying is that 'mother' is now a meaningless term with no value, and it needs to be outlawed immediately by the PC wordpolice. What a surprise. Btw, generalising is part of science, idiot. It couldn't function without it. Imagine the fuss if medications were banned because someone, somewhere had a bad reaction to it. There would be no immunisation. No anti-biotics. No contraceptive pill. No steroids. About the only thing left would be bandaids, and they could be lethal to one in a billion.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/200 ... ationships
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: So what you are saying is that 'mother' is now a meaningless term with no value, and it needs to be outlawed immediately by the PC wordpolice.s
run along and look up strawman.
If you think you know what it means come back and tell me, otherwise fuck off.
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: So what you are saying is that 'mother' is now a meaningless term with no value, and it needs to be outlawed immediately by the PC wordpolice.s
run along and look up strawman.
If you think you know what it means come back and tell me, otherwise fuck off.
Why don't you just take a nice midnight stroll around town? I assume you must live in one of those glorious 'multi-cultural melting pot' paradises that you are always touting the virtues of. I am sure you will be completely safe. You tell others to 'fuck off' a lot on here. It doesn't look as if they take a lot of notice :lol: Rather pointless if you ask me. Notice how you NEVER counter ANY of my arguments, except to say 'fuck off', or 'strawman, ad hominem blah blah..' (are you the argument police now?). That's how arrogant and sure of your religion you are (and shows that you don't have any counter-arguments. I'm sure you don't even bother yourself to click on my links).
Btw, that was not a strawman. It's relevant and entirely feasible. That's how fascist and irrational you and your ilk are.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.