Sex bias

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Sex bias

Post by Walker »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Walker wrote:“Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go.”
- President Obama

But he said it so well ...

What are these mysterious seven states, and which one was left to go?
This is what is called a joke you fucking moron!
The difference is that whilst Trump might know there are 50, that is about as much information as he has about them. Obama knows better!
Actually, that is what you call a moron, you fucking joke! :lol:

Perhaps the folks in those 7 mystery states elected B.O.
Perhaps he simply flashed back to the civics he learned in school ... in Indonesia. :roll:
Perhaps he had the munchies and was thinking of Heinz 57 on a delmonico.
(In relapse he subsequently appointed John Kerry Heinz to find his own obscurity and irrelevance)
Perhaps an affliction concurrent with giant ego is tiny imagination.
Perhaps there's an inverse square law here to investigate.

Fact: wasn't his dog also named Bo?

One popular speculation for the sealed academic records that also fits the facts ... BO milked the system under "foreign student" status, with attendant perks.

And you know what? Should the truth ever be known about that, that would be just fine and dandy with those who Believed BO into existence by accepting all that he says without reason, without rationality, and without common sense.

Only by Faith did he exist. :wink:
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Walker wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Walker wrote:Interesting. You do realize that the objective in speechifying to the public is to appeal to the lowest grade level, usually around eighth grade. If you are actually trying to clarify, try to make a seven year old understand something.

Listen to some of Feynman’s lectures to the public and you will see. A child could understand him.

Besides, Trump likes showbiz. He does patter. Thinks he’s Rodney Dangerfield.

He also has the burden of being a New Yawker. Ever talk to one? They're all over the map, lots of patter while sizing you up. Probably it's a habit with him from the early days, since in negotiations he knows the value and tactic of silence.
Saying 'fake nooze' and 'make murika grate agen' over and over is hardly the same thing as being able to explain quantum mechanics to idiots.
People come to see what they want to see.

Fact:
When asked if he mislead the public about Obamacare, the president’s answer was a scornful no.
Here is a 46-second education refuting that lie, which is about all the consideration required to see the light.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E57vmO2uYZQ

The fact is, BO often told great big whoppers.
For some strange reason, folks were quite eager to mislead themselves and believe him.
For some strange reason, folks think slick liars are the benchmark of intelligence.
Some of his whoppers were so crude and transparent that they were laughable, but they were stated with great conviction.

(To lie to folks so often, with such conviction, is a sign of great contempt. Perhaps he shares that capacity with his adorers.)

Misunderstanding Trump is merely an example of self-deception’s continuity.
I really don't care what porkies Obama told. Perhaps the biggest whopper was the death of Osama? I just hope Trump stays alive long enough to prevent that little beady-eyed creep Pence from ever being President.
uwot

Post by uwot »

'57 varieties' is an advertising slogan used by Heinz. It is taken to represent diversity. If Obama is guilty of anything, it is underestimating the stupidity of people like Walker to take him literally.
Walker

Post by Walker »

uwot wrote:'57 varieties' is an advertising slogan used by Heinz. It is taken to represent diversity. If Obama is guilty of anything, it is underestimating the stupidity of people like Walker to take him literally.
Uh huh.

57 is the number of ingredients in ketchup, the foundation of the fortune that John Kerry married.

And Professor Knowledge is serious. Here's the clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

You're too bright not to know this. Fer shame fer shame.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:I really don't care what porkies Obama told. Perhaps the biggest whopper was the death of Osama? I just hope Trump stays alive long enough to prevent that little beady-eyed creep Pence from ever being President.
Oh dear. A true believer.

He does seem to Freudian slip up a lot, doesn’t he. In the beginning he did it more, before mastery of teleprompter. By the end he threw away pretense and ostensible misdirection and just went for the gusto. And always with the glib explanation to explain why you misunderstood, the chorus media smoothing out the wrinkles, the slick footwork. After all, everyone makes mistakes, and why be petty. Yes, we understand. My God, just look at his qualifications. The man is incapable of literal mistakes, as the official record shows. What are you, racist? :roll:

Only by faith did he exist.
(I like the sound of that.)
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:I really don't care what porkies Obama told. Perhaps the biggest whopper was the death of Osama? I just hope Trump stays alive long enough to prevent that little beady-eyed creep Pence from ever being President.
Oh dear. A true believer.

He does seem to Freudian slip up a lot, doesn’t he. In the beginning he did it more, before mastery of teleprompter. By the end he threw away pretense and ostensible misdirection and just went for the gusto. And always with the glib explanation to explain why you misunderstood, the chorus media smoothing out the wrinkles, the slick footwork. After all, everyone makes mistakes, and why be petty. Yes, we understand. My God, just look at his qualifications. The man is incapable of literal mistakes, as the official record shows. What are you, racist? :roll:

(I like the sound of that.)
A believer in what? And why should I care what your Presidents tell you? I love how you always resort to gobbledygook when you don't have anything to say. :roll:
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:A believer in what? And why should I care what your Presidents tell you? I love how you always resort to gobbledygook when you don't have anything to say. :roll:
Why should you care? Because you know that question marks encourage men to explain things to you. If it was a snake it would’ve bit you.

Why? Because the principle of what there is to understand about anything is not limited to just one space/time-coordinate event. Because the principle is not restricted to the continuity that Progressives nostalgically call, BO's Conning of America. Because an honest comparison of what you thought was, with what is, removes the choice from stepping where you must walk.

vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:A believer in what? And why should I care what your Presidents tell you? I love how you always resort to gobbledygook when you don't have anything to say. :roll:
Why should you care? Because you know that question marks encourage men to explain things to you. If it was a snake it would’ve bit you.

Why? Because the principle of what there is to understand about anything is not limited to just one space/time-coordinate event. Because the principle is not restricted to the continuity that Progressives nostalgically call, BO's Conning of America. Because an honest comparison of what you thought was, with what is, removes the choice from stepping where you must walk.

Another notch. :D
uwot

Post by uwot »

Walker wrote:You're too bright not to know this. Fer shame fer shame.
I see what you mean. Thank you for the clip.
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

uwot wrote:
I just watched the clip, too, and it took me seconds to work out it was a simple slip of the tongue. He said ''57" in error and meant '47'. He was doing the mental maths, as he spoke, possibly working out that he was in Oregon, and had yet to visit, Alaska and Hawaii, there are fifty states, which means he had visited 47 states. The slip was his saying 'fifty' instead of 'forty'. We've all done it, when tired or overworked.

Silly philosophers patronising each other with their silly politics. Mathematicians and those familiar with the brain fog tiredness brings would soon have got it. Tired mathematicians might not have seen it straight away.
Walker

Post by Walker »

ForCruxSake wrote:
uwot wrote:
I just watched the clip, too, and it took me seconds to work out it was a simple slip of the tongue. He said ''57" in error and meant '47'. He was doing the mental maths, as he spoke, possibly working out that he was in Oregon, and had yet to visit, Alaska and Hawaii, there are fifty states, which means he had visited 47 states. The slip was his saying 'fifty' instead of 'forty'. We've all done it, when tired or overworked.

Silly philosophers patronising each other with their silly politics. Mathematicians and those familiar with the brain fog tiredness brings would soon have got it. Tired mathematicians might not have seen it straight away.
I saw it too. :)

You present a kind, understanding, and sympathetic view.

If only the real POTUS could also receive such largesse, such benefit of the doubt ... for President Trump has not exhibited any of the sheer incompetence, and more, which was the reality of his predecessor, whose existence as president was solely due to faith.

What a wonderful world it would be for all if the president would receive normal human understanding and cooperation.

Yes ... that would be nice.

As far the philosophy goes ... can't do everything for you. Well I could, but I won't.
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

Walker wrote:As far the philosophy goes ... can't do everything for you.
It's as limited as I am, then, failing to do everything for myself. I am, however, happily limited.
Walker wrote:Well I could, but I won't.
Not as "kind, understanding or sympathetic" as me,then? :P
uwot

Post by uwot »

ForCruxSake wrote:I just watched the clip, too, and it took me seconds to work out it was a simple slip of the tongue.
Well exactly. Beats me why these right wing nuts make such a big deal of it. Clearly they haven't heard of this Jesus feller who said 'Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.'
Walker

Post by Walker »

ForCruxSake wrote:Not as "kind, understanding or sympathetic" as me,then? :P
Exactly.
Walker

Post by Walker »

uwot wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote:I just watched the clip, too, and it took me seconds to work out it was a simple slip of the tongue.
Well exactly. Beats me why these right wing nuts make such a big deal of it. Clearly they haven't heard of this Jesus feller who said 'Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.'
Surely, since you have the intelligence to contextualize, there's either laziness or agenda.

The clip was a response to Trump bashing, by illustrating that even the Wan can sound silly.

Since obviously no one is a nut and no one is making a big deal ...

I vote for agenda, and I think that's generous.

:P