Sex bias

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Hobbes' Choice

Re: Sex bias

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Walker wrote: President Trump would be well within his legal and Constitutional rights to ignore the opinion of a federal circuit judge's injunction on the matter of immigration. .
He can ignore all he wants, but the immigration service will follow the law, not that Twittering idiot.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Walker wrote:Well since you’re not gonna be good today with facts and rationality,
You know, I'm extremely happy that your and my versions of good are 180 degrees out of sync, as your version is worthless!

a tune is in order.
(open selection)
But we do have music, don't we? Thank goodness that's the end of it! :lol:

Foxy News would make a great caricature.
How did it get the name?

How about that Thomas Cole.
Walker

Post by Walker »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Walker wrote:Well since you’re not gonna be good today with facts and rationality,
You know, I'm extremely happy that your and my versions of good are 180 degrees out of sync, as your version is worthless!

a tune is in order.
(open selection)

How did it get the name?

Actually, when you look into the situation, Trump is starting to look like a genius. And in the face of such establishment opposition. Amazing.

The implications of his latest decision to toss the ball into the lap of the legislators is brilliant. They were disorganized. He is a businessman. He can see things like this.

Everyone else is reading headlines.

Trump is old school get it done.
Old timer, too.

He is one who doesn’t go gently into that good night.

What is a man’s man?
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Walker wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:

a tune is in order.
(open selection)

How did it get the name?

Actually, when you look into the situation, Trump is starting to look like a genius.
I totally disagree! Look how he downplayed the unemployment statistics under Obama, then after only 100 and some odd days in office (too soon to make comment on his presidency), he takes credit for a drop in the unemployment statistics, which were gathered using the same model as under Obama. This being in the news he should realize that all eyes are upon him, yet countless times he's had to eat his words. When is he going to get a clue? This can only mean one thing, "IDIOT!"

Did you ever notice how tight lipped Obama was, that's because he's a smart man. It's far better to be surprised by the good than to be surprised by the bad. Don't promise things you can't necessarily deliver, if you can't be 'certain' they're deliverable. And I hate to tell you this but the word "great" is ambiguous! It cannot in fact be quantified, so those that voted for him are largely idiots as well! Knowing that he's, to one extent or another, a businessman, their greed clouded their reason. And that my friend, pretty much sums it up!

Don't think that my lack of respect for trump started with his nomination. It started long ago. Of course his attitude on the Apprentice didn't help at all. Now as so called businessmen go, Warren Buffet is quite a different man. He's one rich man, that I actually respect, because his story is that of an actual good man. One that has resisted the corruption that riches often afford.

Here's an interesting tidbid:

Berkshire Hathaway CEO Warren Buffett has publicly challenged Donald Trump to release his tax returns. The presidential candidate says he has not done so because he is being audited by the IRS. However, Buffett has said that he is also under audit, which is no reason to withhold tax returns.

"You're only afraid if you''ve got something to be afraid about," Buffett said at a rally for Clinton on Aug. 1, 2016. "He's not afraid because of the IRS. He's afraid because of you."

Buffett also condemned Trump's comments in response to the parents of Capt. Humayun Khan, who died during service in Iraq in 2004. Khan's father, Khizr Khan, said when speaking at the Democratic National Convention that, unlike his son, Trump had made no sacrifices. "I think I've made a lot of sacrifices," Trump said in response on ABC News. "I've worked very, very hard. I've created thousands and thousands of jobs."

On Aug. 1, 2016, Buffett said in response to Trump, "How in the world can you stand up to a couple of parents who lost a son and talk about sacrificing because you were building a bunch of buildings?"

IDIOT! He's an idiot, I tell you! Hey I'm not saying that senility is a crime, I'm just saying it has no place in government!

And in the face of such establishment opposition. Amazing.

The implications of his latest decision to toss the ball into the lap of the legislators is brilliant. They were disorganized. He is a businessman. He can see things like this.

Everyone else is reading headlines.

Trump is old school get it done.
Old timer, too.

He is one who doesn’t go gently into that good night.

What is a man’s man?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Walker wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:

a tune is in order.
(open selection)

How did it get the name?

Actually, when you look into the situation, Trump is starting to look like a genius. And in the face of such establishment opposition. Amazing.?
This is what you think genius looks like?
Walker

Post by Walker »

You don’t? Why not? The man only defies all your pet paradigms.

No need to be resentful of reality because you can’t keep up.

They say honest Abe was a wrassler, but they never accused him of being wealthy.

Donald Trump bodyslams, beats and shaves Vince McMahon at Wrestlemania XXIII
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMKFIHRpe7I
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Walker wrote:You don’t? Why not? The man only defies all your pet paradigms. I
He couldn't defy a five year old.

He can barely talk. He doesn't own any books.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:

He reads what he has to, just like you.

He is simply composing the book of reality on a larger stage than most.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Walker wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:

He reads what he has to, just like you.

He is simply composing the book of reality on a larger stage than most.
I read far more than I have to.
Trump has a problem with reading. He finds it difficult, like he finds it difficult to use words. His vocabulary is severely limited, and his mind is not up to the job of President which requires a more subtle understanding of issues.

This is an actual ACTUAL speech by Trump, not a generator.

"Thank you very much. This is — great to be with people I truly feel comfortable with. Please sit down. They’ll say I didn’t get a standing ovation because they never sat down. And I say, I got one standing ovation because they never sat down.

But I want to thank you. I have great, great love for what you do and the way you do it. And when I’m with the police chiefs and I’m with the sheriffs of our country — and these are the big ones. These are the really big ones. I just want to thank you very much. And I thought before I spoke about what we’re really here to speak about, I would read something to you. Because you can be a lawyer, or you don’t have to be a lawyer; if you were a good student in high school or a bad student in high school, you can understand this..
And it’s really incredible to me that we have a court case that’s going on so long. As you know, in Boston, we won it with a highly respected judge and a very strong opinion, but now we’re in an era that, let’s just say, they are interpreting things differently than probably 100 percent of the people in this room. I’d like to almost know, does anybody disagree when I read this."

These are the words of an 11 year old.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Interesting. You do realize that the objective in speechifying to the public is to appeal to the lowest grade level, usually around eighth grade. If you are actually trying to clarify, try to make a seven year old understand something.

Listen to some of Feynman’s lectures to the public and you will see. A child could understand him.

Besides, Trump likes showbiz. He does patter. Thinks he’s Rodney Dangerfield.

He also has the burden of being a New Yawker. Ever talk to one? They're all over the map, lots of patter while sizing you up. Probably it's a habit with him from the early days, since in negotiations he knows the value and tactic of silence.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Walker wrote:Interesting. You do realize that the objective in speechifying to the public is to appeal to the lowest grade level, usually around eighth grade. If you are actually trying to clarify, try to make a seven year old understand something.

Listen to some of Feynman’s lectures to the public and you will see. A child could understand him.
Yes, but Feynman had a brain.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Walker wrote:Interesting. You do realize that the objective in speechifying to the public is to appeal to the lowest grade level, usually around eighth grade. If you are actually trying to clarify, try to make a seven year old understand something.

He also has the burden of being a New Yawker. Ever talk to one? They're all over the map, lots of patter while sizing you up. Probably it's a habit with him from the early days, since in negotiations he knows the value and tactic of silence.
Saying 'fake nooze' and 'make murika grate agen' over and over is hardly the same thing as being able to explain quantum mechanics to idiots.
Walker

Post by Walker »

“Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go.”
- President Obama

But he said it so well ...

What are these mysterious seven states, and which one was left to go?
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:

Saying 'fake nooze' and 'make murika grate agen' over and over is hardly the same thing as being able to explain quantum mechanics to idiots.
People come to see what they want to see.

Fact:
When asked if he mislead the public about Obamacare, the president’s answer was a scornful no.
Here is a 46-second education refuting that lie, which is about all the consideration required to see the light.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E57vmO2uYZQ

The fact is, BO often told great big whoppers.
For some strange reason, folks were quite eager to mislead themselves and believe him.
For some strange reason, folks think slick liars are the benchmark of intelligence.
Some of his whoppers were so crude and transparent that they were laughable, but they were stated with great conviction.

(To lie to folks so often, with such conviction, is a sign of great contempt. Perhaps he shares that capacity with his adorers.)

Misunderstanding Trump is merely an example of self-deception’s continuity.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Walker wrote:“Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go.”
- President Obama

But he said it so well ...

What are these mysterious seven states, and which one was left to go?
This is what is called a joke you fucking moron!
The difference is that whilst Trump might know there are 50, that is about as much information as he has about them. Obama knows better!