Prince's symbol: The disruption of social narrative.

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Throng

Re: Prince's symbol: The disruption of social narrative.

Post by Throng »

Terrapin Station wrote:
Throng wrote:
Terrapin Station wrote:
Right. What I can't figure out is how the way that you phrased it would map to what the suit was about, to comments that Prince had made, etc.
I thought I just clarified that.
Well, when you say this for example, "I explained that Prince's view was that "Prince" had become more a brand owned by WB than it was his own name." let's see a quote from Prince about that.
"The first step I have taken toward the ultimate goal of emancipation from the chains that bind me to Warner Bros. was to change my name from Prince to the Love Symbol. Prince is the name that my mother gave me at birth. Warner Bros. took the name, trademarked it, and used it as the main marketing tool to promote all of the music that I wrote. The company owns the name Prince and all related music marketed under Prince. I became merely a pawn used to produce more money for Warner Bros…" ~ Prince
Throng

Post by Throng »

Terrapin Station wrote:
Throng wrote:
Terrapin Station wrote:
Right. What I can't figure out is how the way that you phrased it would map to what the suit was about, to comments that Prince had made, etc.
I thought I just clarified that.
Well, when you say this for example, "I explained that Prince's view was that "Prince" had become more a brand owned by WB than it was his own name." let's see a quote from Prince about that.
"The first step I have taken toward the ultimate goal of emancipation from the chains that bind me to Warner Bros. was to change my name from Prince to the Love Symbol. Prince is the name that my mother gave me at birth. Warner Bros. took the name, trademarked it, and used it as the main marketing tool to promote all of the music that I wrote. The company owns the name Prince and all related music marketed under Prince. I became merely a pawn used to produce more money for Warner Bros…" ~ Prince
http://www.trademarkologist.com/2014/08 ... nary-tale/
Throng

Post by Throng »

Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

What a narrow, silly topic.