Feminist Fantasy

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: Feminist Fantasy

Post by Immanuel Can »

FlashDangerpants wrote: If you think you have made an argument which represents me not holding that view, you have got it wrong and ought to retrace your steps in search of your error.
Okay, Flash. You don't actually believe that Christians kill their wives and children. That's good. I'm with you there.

So maybe don't use it as an example, and don't compare them to the Muslims who DO actually do it in keeping with their religious beliefs, and we'll all be happier. Maybe instead choose your random example as something like, "Hindus, who also love beef," "Mormons, who also drink beer" and "Atheists, who also devour their children," or something like that, so none of we hypersensitive Christians become offended. :D
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

HDP wrote:
The act of beating your wife to death is very bad. I don't consider any motive sufficient to justify it, by any person, in any part of the world. If you think you have made an argument which represents me not holding that view, you have got it wrong and ought to retrace your steps in search of your error.
The feminists in question don't belief wife beating is so bad when it is done in accordance with Sharia Law. if they thought it was so bad they would oppose it the same way they oppose other violence against women. Instead they remain silence.

Liar, Liar, pants on fire. I think that is why you call yourself FlashDangerpants
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Nick_A wrote:HDP wrote:
The act of beating your wife to death is very bad. I don't consider any motive sufficient to justify it, by any person, in any part of the world. If you think you have made an argument which represents me not holding that view, you have got it wrong and ought to retrace your steps in search of your error.
The feminists in question don't belief wife beating is so bad when it is done in accordance with Sharia Law. if they thought it was so bad they would oppose it the same way they oppose other violence against women. Instead they remain silence.

Liar, Liar, pants on fire. I think that is why you call yourself FlashDangerpants
Why don't your kristian groups protest about sharia?
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Nick, just stop being a total bell end. We all know you are just a conspiracy wacko with nothing useful to say.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

FDp wrote:
Nick, just stop being a total bell end. We all know you are just a conspiracy wacko with nothing useful to say.
Sheesh! You will make someone a fine ex wife.
vegetariantaxidermy

Nick_A wrote:FDp wrote:
Sheesh! You will make someone a fine ex wife.
Why don't your kristian groups protest against muslim abuse of women?
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

Immanuel Can wrote:If anyone who calls themselves a "Christian" ever does, you can plainly see that person has not done so as a Christian, for Christianity gives absolutely no warrant for that, and in fact affirms the sacredness of life. However, for Muslims, what you say is true: they kill with impunity, and even their own children. I could name you three highly-public cases in short order.
you should head for rural baptist churches in America's heartland - especially the Southern part of the heartland

visit them, listen to their sermons

you will find out that America's involvement in the Middle East is doing God's work. in this view, drone operators blowing away afghani and pakistani villagers are doing specifically christian work.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

FlashDangerpants wrote: My response has been that Sharia law is not a real thing in America, that it is contrary to the constitution of that land, and that American feminists are not being especially lenient to this non-threat. I have made the point that feminists object to all household violence of men against women and don't need to make any special deal about whatever subset of that vast quantity of violence which occurs over there is carried out by adherents of any particular religion
i live in deep dark US South and there are plenty of men here who see no more problem with beating their wives "lightly" than do the most hard-core jihadists
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Kayla wrote:
i live in deep dark US South and there are plenty of men here who see no more problem with beating their wives "lightly" than do the most hard-core jihadists
I agree. But do feminists openly protest them or do they ignore them as they do the jihadists?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:I agree. But do feminists openly protest them or do they ignore them as they do the jihadists?
You really need to stop repeating this as the number of jihadists in the US is close to zero.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Arising wrote:
You really need to stop repeating this as the number of jihadists in the US is close to zero.
Abused women are not limited to the United States. Feminists ignore what happens in countries governed by Sharia law. Why?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:Abused women are not limited to the United States. Feminists ignore what happens in countries governed by Sharia law. Why?
No they don't. You've already been pointed towards feminist sites who oppose such behavior.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

arising wrote:
No they don't. You've already been pointed towards feminist sites who oppose such behavior.
Have you read this one?

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/05 ... on-sharia/
………….In a brief email exchange, the feminist led-political movement admitted their they did not take a position on Sharia inspired laws or the many Sharia courts which continue to grow in number in Britain. The email came after activist, and PEGIDA UK campaigner, Anne Marie Waters questioned the group after receiving a promotional email from them.
Ms. Waters asked the group what their stance was on Sharia courts to which the group replied: “The Women’s Equality Party is a non-partisan political party and the issue of Sharia councils is a partisan one so we do not have a party line.” The group maintained, however, that they were working with “those who have been forced into marriage or suffered FGM (female genital mutilation) or honour-based violence.”

Ending the email Ms. Waters accused the party of the same kind of “slacktivism” many on the left routinely exhibit when it comes to tough issues. She said: “It is clear to me that you will focus on uncontroversial matters while ignoring unimaginable cruelty to women right under your nose. Such a shame. Feminism has really become a joke.”……………….
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

The WEP is hardly the representative of Feminism.

There are no Sharia courts in the UK that apply to non-muslims.

If Muslims wish to use their court system to resolve their religious and civil issues then that is their prerogative as it is the same for the Jews over here. If they commit a crime under UK law they will, if caught, be tried for it.

Personally I think it was a big mistake to import the abominable concept that is 'multiculturalism' from America. We should have stuck with multi-racial and what it is to be British which includes to right to practice one's religion within the law.
vegetariantaxidermy

Nick_A wrote: Sheesh! You will make someone a fine ex wife.
Btw, it's not a 'feminist fantasy' it's YOUR fantasy. So a warmonger and a rape-fetishist. What a catch.