Do women like to fight?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Nick_A
Posts: 2143
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: Do women like to fight?

Post by Nick_A » Sun May 15, 2016 4:41 am

Philx wrote:
What if the blonde were in the right and what if she weren't cute and young?
If she is right and there are no ulterior motives for fighting then there is nothing to fight about and the man looks for another to fight with in pursuit of ulterior motives..

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 4539
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Do women like to fight?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Sun May 15, 2016 4:54 am

Nick_A wrote:Philx wrote:
What if the blonde were in the right and what if she weren't cute and young?
If she is right and there are no ulterior motives for fighting then there is nothing to fight about and the man looks for another to fight with in pursuit of ulterior motives..
If she is right and the man is wrong, there may still be a fight (All In The Family comes to mind - Edith isn't cute and young). Since ulterior motives are hidden until they come to light later, can't see where they can bring on a fight.

PhilX

Nick_A
Posts: 2143
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: Do women like to fight?

Post by Nick_A » Sun May 15, 2016 5:04 am

Socrates — 'By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.'
Look at it this way Phil. If she's a cute blonde who knows how to apologize you'll have a good night. If you end up with a wrong wife at least you'll learn how to fight with philosophers and if they apologize, you'll also have a good night. Never give up hope.

User avatar
Conde Lucanor
Posts: 642
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:59 am

Re: Do women like to fight?

Post by Conde Lucanor » Sun May 15, 2016 5:22 am

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Conde Lucanor wrote:My opinion about the ridiculousness of the question, whether it pleases you or not, has an argument. Your opinion about my opinion, not.
The argument is implicit which is too deep for you to figure out.

PhilX
Oh, yeah, the old trick of the "implicit argument" when there's no argument. You mean "deepness" like in Deepak Chopra, right?

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 4539
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Do women like to fight?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Sun May 15, 2016 5:50 am

Conde Lucanor wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Conde Lucanor wrote:My opinion about the ridiculousness of the question, whether it pleases you or not, has an argument. Your opinion about my opinion, not.
The argument is implicit which is too deep for you to figure out.

PhilX
Oh, yeah, the old trick of the "implicit argument" when there's no argument. You mean "deepness" like in Deepak Chopra, right?
NO

PhilX

Nick_A
Posts: 2143
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: Do women like to fight?

Post by Nick_A » Sun May 15, 2016 11:52 pm

I don't know if women like to fight but I do know that many men enjoy watching women wrestle. So even if women don't enjoy fighting they can obtain some satisfaction for men watching the action.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 4539
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Do women like to fight?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Sun May 15, 2016 11:58 pm

Nick_A wrote:I don't know if women like to fight but I do know that many men enjoy watching women wrestle. So even if women don't enjoy fighting they can obtain some satisfaction for men watching the action.
Doesn't sound believable for a motive. And I've never heard of women being satisfied in that manner.

PhilX

User avatar
Conde Lucanor
Posts: 642
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:59 am

Re: Do women like to fight?

Post by Conde Lucanor » Sun May 22, 2016 1:50 am

Nick_A wrote:I don't know if women like to fight but I do know that many men enjoy watching women wrestle. So even if women don't enjoy fighting they can obtain some satisfaction for men watching the action.
I really wonder what will be needed to convince you that women do like to fight of that they don't. For this whole thread, it seems to be a mistery for most.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 4539
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Do women like to fight?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Sun May 22, 2016 2:57 am

Conde Lucanor wrote:
Nick_A wrote:I don't know if women like to fight but I do know that many men enjoy watching women wrestle. So even if women don't enjoy fighting they can obtain some satisfaction for men watching the action.
I really wonder what will be needed to convince you that women do like to fight of that they don't. For this whole thread, it seems to be a mistery for most.
You say you find this thread ridiculous. Yet you continue to post here which I find ridiculous. It sounds like you don't come here to debate, but to ridicule. Do you have any worthwhile opinions and arguments to contribute?

PhilX

Walker
Posts: 4098
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Do women like to fight?

Post by Walker » Sun May 22, 2016 12:06 pm

Well, within a committed relationship where unconditional meaning of publicly spoken vows supersedes ego’s self-cherishing tendencies, happy men know that they can either be happy or right. The cause of divorce is when ego's self-cherishing becomes the center of the universe.

To say that to be wrong is required for happiness is an error. For that to be the case, being right would have to supersede the vows, which is not the design of the system.

Most people entering serious endeavors are required to take a vow. That’s the way it is when the world is not the refuge.

Marriage is primarily for the benefit of society but the couple and the individuals also benefit by surrendering to the intent of how the institution is designed to be self-sustaining.

User avatar
Conde Lucanor
Posts: 642
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:59 am

Re: Do women like to fight?

Post by Conde Lucanor » Sun May 22, 2016 6:35 pm

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Conde Lucanor wrote:
Nick_A wrote:I don't know if women like to fight but I do know that many men enjoy watching women wrestle. So even if women don't enjoy fighting they can obtain some satisfaction for men watching the action.
I really wonder what will be needed to convince you that women do like to fight of that they don't. For this whole thread, it seems to be a mistery for most.
You say you find this thread ridiculous. Yet you continue to post here which I find ridiculous. It sounds like you don't come here to debate, but to ridicule. Do you have any worthwhile opinions and arguments to contribute?

PhilX
No, you're wrong. I'm here because I'm quite curious. You see, this could be a total prank (like Hidden Cammera) or a social experiment to see how people react to a ridiculous statement. But then, it could be also that it's being considered as a serious subject, which would put me in the position of an anthropologist faced with the uncanny, nonsensical ideas of a recently discovered tribe. He/she will be curious to discover their logical structure and find the contrast with what is common sense for his/her own peers. If I leave here knowing where do some people get the idea that women are some different species than the rest of humankind and than their behavior belongs to a sphere of puzzling mystery, it will be a gain for me.

But it could be a prank.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 4539
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Do women like to fight?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Sun May 22, 2016 7:11 pm

Conde Lucanor wrote:But, you're wrong. I'm here because I'm quite curious. You see, this could be a total prank (like Hidden Cammera) or a social experiment to see how people react to a ridiculous statement. But then, it could be also that it's being considered as a serious subject, which would put me in the position of an anthropologist faced with the uncanny, nonsensical ideas of a recently discovered tribe. He/she will be curious to discover their logical structure and find the contrast with what is common sense for his/her own peers. If I leave here knowing where do some people get the idea that women are some different species than the rest of humankind and than their behavior belongs to a sphere of puzzling mystery, it will be a gain for me.

But it could be a prank.
You're overlooking a few things. First there's the moderation to prevent "ridiculous" threads from occurring. Second with women, normally they don't fight from my experience (except nowadays a few fight professionally) so it's only recently I've discovered that some do like to do street fighting. Also the thread isn't ridiculous from the perspective of all the posters.

So do you come to bash or partipate? Do you have anything to contribute?

PhilX

Walker
Posts: 4098
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Do women like to fight?

Post by Walker » Mon May 23, 2016 10:08 am

Hello PhilX.

He’s saying that the question defines the answer.

He’s saying that finding the right question is half of finding the right answer.

Recognizing this aspect of question and answer, when confronted with an open-ended question, leaves the respondent free to make of it what he will, or she will. One can bitch and whine, or one can loosen up and find a bit of truth in the situation.

The correlation is life itself, which in a free society is rather open-ended, like an open-ended question.

For example, folks had rather rigid views of the POTUS election process, until one who understands the nature of creating reality came along in this cycle.

No doubt the nature of responses to open-ended questions has been someone’s bright idea for a study.

Walker
Posts: 4098
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Do women like to fight?

Post by Walker » Mon May 23, 2016 12:10 pm

Dalek Prime wrote:I'm actually not a large man (slimmish, 5'-6" (taller with rollerskates lol)), but I trained as a professional wrestler. That's just anecdotal. What I want to convey is, I think it important for women as well to train in some form or other, that they get used to the physical contact involved in fighting, that they may then naturally defend themselves, should the need arise. I'm not talking becoming a black belt here. I'm talking overcoming the shock of the physical contact, that they are comfortable with defending themselves.
The small slim guy in professional wrestling sounds like the guy the professional wrestlers wrap in Velcro and throw against the wall to see how high they can stick.

Sorry, nothing personal. Expanding the horizons, it’s a rather vivid comical, non-PC image fit for a piece a work in multiple mediums during an election year, especially if the one wrapped in Velcro is a totalitarian cynic mouthing meaningless political slogans not intended to offend the Hopi Tribe. The Trump is a rather large man and I think even did some professional wrestling.
duzek wrote:Violent fighting is an expression of raw impulses, it is uncivilized behaviour.
Do women let themselves go more often than men do ?


You’re describing rage, not self-defense. Self-defense draws on the energy of rage through justification, and those so trained draw on rage for energy but keep a clear head for strategy.


Then you’ve got the Drone program of officially sanctioned total aggression. Video-game skills.

Dalek Prime
Posts: 4197
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am

Re: Do women like to fight?

Post by Dalek Prime » Mon May 23, 2016 1:34 pm

This small, slim guy has hip-tossed taller men weighing over 350 lbs., and leg pressed over 700 lbs. Can't do it anymore, probably, but I can't say I want to, or have tried.

But sure, let's make this thread about me, personally... :roll: On the other hand, I did put it out there, so fair game.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests