Do women like to fight?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

duszek

Re: Do women like to fight?

Post by duszek »

Yes, evolution and civilization.

Physical violence and losing control and freaking out is not a good way to get power in a complicated world like ours. So we watch and learn.
We try to get influence in a way that saves resources, physical and mental.
We call it an intelligent solution.

Non-violent intelligent solutions are most beneficial in the long run so they become more and more frequent.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

duszek wrote:Yes, evolution and civilization.

Physical violence and losing control and freaking out is not a good way to get power in a complicated world like ours. So we watch and learn.
We try to get influence in a way that saves resources, physical and mental.
We call it an intelligent solution.

Non-violent intelligent solutions are most beneficial in the long run so they become more and more frequent.
I think the physical violence is mostly due to emotional release along with drinking and drugs so some of it is short-term and some is long-term. In terms of it being a solution, it depends on what the goal is.

PhilX
duszek

Post by duszek »

Not to forget the goal of intimidating the other party and thus of getting what one wants quickly and effectively.
Walker

Post by Walker »

duszek wrote:Not to forget the goal of intimidating the other party and thus of getting what one wants quickly and effectively.
Here’s a fightin woman. A Progressive intimidator who wants science, by golly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxGZb2GgdaM
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

duszek wrote:Feminists argued that in order to be successful women need to copy the behaviour of men, that is to be daring, pushy, out-going, temperamental etc.
which feminists have argued this?

if yu are going to generalize feminism, i think it would be more accurate to say that in feminist view, male behavior (e.g. pushy, etc) is itself a problem
Conde Lucanor

Post by Conde Lucanor »

Which women? Women of our times or from 2000 years ago? Women from Australia or from Congo? From urban or rural areas? From the pastor's family or the town's butcher family?

The question is ridiculous. The answer will always be a fallacious generalization.
Philosophy Explorer

Conde Lucanor wrote:Which women? Women of our times or from 2000 years ago? Women from Australia or from Congo? From urban or rural areas? From the pastor's family or the town's butcher family?

The question is ridiculous. The answer will always be a fallacious generalization.
Are you suggesting that it happens all the time in many different areas? The question is straightforward.

PhilX
Conde Lucanor

Post by Conde Lucanor »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Conde Lucanor wrote:Which women? Women of our times or from 2000 years ago? Women from Australia or from Congo? From urban or rural areas? From the pastor's family or the town's butcher family?

Are you suggesting that it happens all the time in many different areas? The question is straightforward.

PhilX
Are you suggesting that it will come as news for you that any people can fight somewhere, anywhere, any time? And that they have actually done so?
Philosophy Explorer

Conde Lucanor wrote:

PhilX
Are you suggesting that it will come as news for you that any people can fight somewhere, anywhere, any time? And that they have actually done so?
I take that as agreement with the thread.

PhilX
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

A man must know when to fight and when to surrender. For example, if a man is fighting with a cute young blonde he must know when to surrender and give her a chance to admit and apologize for her hostile attitude. This is a beneficial skill and when done right assures a pleasant evening.
Philosophy Explorer

Nick_A wrote:A man must know when to fight and when to surrender. For example, if a man is fighting with a cute young blonde he must know when to surrender and give her a chance to admit and apologize for her hostile attitude. This is a beneficial skill and when done right assures a pleasant evening.
What if the blonde were in the right and what if she weren't cute and young?

PhilX
Conde Lucanor

Post by Conde Lucanor »

PhilX
Nop. You can take that as confirmation of how ridiculous is the question that started the thread.
Philosophy Explorer

Conde Lucanor wrote:

PhilX
Nop. You can take that as confirmation of how ridiculous is the question that started the thread.
Your ridiculous opinion.

PhilX
Conde Lucanor

Post by Conde Lucanor »

Conde Lucanor wrote:

PhilX
Your ridiculous opinion.

PhilX
My opinion about the ridiculousness of the question, whether it pleases you or not, has an argument. Your opinion about my opinion, not.
Philosophy Explorer

Conde Lucanor wrote:My opinion about the ridiculousness of the question, whether it pleases you or not, has an argument. Your opinion about my opinion, not.
The argument is implicit which is too deep for you to figure out.

PhilX