Have you ever felt threatened by a female boss?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Have you ever felt threatened by a female boss?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Kayla wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Obvious Leo wrote:I was a bit worried that the Bob Evenson school of philosophical discourse might have acquired a new member.
Oops, my inner troll escaped its cage for a few seconds. :D Actually men can get into jobs at the highest level while being total morons.
men (and boys for that matter) are, from what i can tell, much more prone than women or girls to be really confident in themselves regardless of whether or not there is any basis for this confidence in reality - and it is possible to get very far on confidence alone - and if you pick up some skill at shifting blame along the way, you can write your own ticket as the saying goes
SO TRUE!
Actually, humans don't really have many redeeming features, and they are suckers for anyone with 'the gift of the gab', no matter how innately stupid that person is.
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: they are suckers for anyone with 'the gift of the gab', no matter how innately stupid that person is.
We even have a saying for it in my country.

Bullshit will beat brains any day of the week. And you're quite right, Kayla. When it comes to bullshit us blokes have got you sheilas beaten hands down.
vegetariantaxidermy

Obvious Leo wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: they are suckers for anyone with 'the gift of the gab', no matter how innately stupid that person is.
We even have a saying for it in my country.

Bullshit will beat brains any day of the week. And you're quite right, Kayla. When it comes to bullshit us blokes have got you sheilas beaten hands down.
What about Oprah, the queen of bullshit?
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

Mind you I shouldn't be knocking the value of bullshit since I make my living out of it. I tell people stuff they already know and make it sound like they're hearing it for the first time. Then I send them an invoice.
vegetariantaxidermy

Obvious Leo wrote:Mind you I shouldn't be knocking the value of bullshit since I make my living out of it. I tell people stuff they already know and make it sound like they're hearing it for the first time. Then I send them an invoice.
Hmm, are you a psychologist? A counsellor? I'm intrigued.
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

I'm a management consultant, although nowadays very much a part-time one. If you don't know what that is then join the club because neither do I. I just decided it would be a good thing to call myself if all I wanted to do was tell people stuff they already knew and then charge them money for it. It seemed to work OK so I just kept doing it, as you would.
vegetariantaxidermy

Obvious Leo wrote:I'm a management consultant, although nowadays very much a part-time one. If you don't know what that is then join the club because neither do I. I just decided it would be a good thing to call myself if all I wanted to do was tell people stuff they already knew and then charge them money for it. It seemed to work OK so I just kept doing it, as you would.
I wasn't going to say, but I don't have a clue what a 'management consultant' is. Sounds like bullshit to me. :D
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: I wasn't going to say, but I don't have a clue what a 'management consultant' is. Sounds like bullshit to me.
You seem to have got the picture.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

the local government where i live hired a management consultant recently but someone figured out that he was spouting bullshit so he ended up only billing for like two days

still that was bout 2 thousand dollars not best use of money ever
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

He must have been an imposter, Kayla, or at best a wannabe amateur. The true illuminati in the field (like me) can often keep their snouts in the trough for months before anybody wakes up and realises that they're chucking their dough away. It's all about writing important reports full of the most up-to-date jargon but the content is invariably just a matter of common sense. For example. If you want to stay out of trouble with the tax office you should pay your taxes on time. I can stretch that advice out to a weighty manuscript. If you want your employees to perform their duties diligently you should treat them with respect. There's 20,000 words right there at a buck a word.

"There's a sucker born every minute"....P.T Barnum
vegetariantaxidermy

Kayla wrote:the local government where i live hired a management consultant recently but someone figured out that he was spouting bullshit so he ended up only billing for like two days

still that was bout 2 thousand dollars not best use of money ever
My daughter's school paid 300K to a consultant to tell it something that no one was ever able to work out what. I think she had lunch with the principal and that was about it.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

Obvious Leo wrote:He must have been an imposter, Kayla, or at best a wannabe amateur.
he was wearing a suit and everything and had a New England accent, so he must have been the real thing

he just assumed that elderly farming folk (a large demographic in my area) are stupid

bad assumption to make. some of those guys are idiots. some are geniuses. if you are from the outside you cannot easily tell them apart.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: My daughter's school paid 300K to a consultant to tell it something that no one was ever able to work out what. I think she had lunch with the principal and that was about it.
that sounds a lot like fraud which is a crime last i checked
vegetariantaxidermy

Kayla wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: My daughter's school paid 300K to a consultant to tell it something that no one was ever able to work out what. I think she had lunch with the principal and that was about it.
that sounds a lot like fraud which is a crime last i checked
Yes it was, but apparently you can do what you like as long as you call yourself a 'consultant'. The problem is that their professions are artificially created ones with meaningless titles, so no-one really knows if they have done anything or not. Plus, the bitch-principal had the 'gift of gab' and wriggled her way out of it by confusing everyone with corporate-speak bullshit-babble.
alewis

Post by alewis »

I am always threatened by bosses, I prefer a leader (someone who actually gets stuck in as opposed to being, well, bossy).