Men and women process pain differently

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Explorer

Men and women process pain differently

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

This may lead to better treatments for women (it's hard to understand how scientists overlooked studying female mice for so long):

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 110800.htm

PhilX
Dalek Prime

Re: Men and women process pain differently

Post by Dalek Prime »

Perhaps. What of it?
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Dalek Prime wrote:Perhaps. What of it?
Better treatments.

PhilX
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Excellent. Will they still offer me a shitload of morphine when I'm dying in agony? I doubt it. At least someone won't die in agony though...
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

Dalek Prime wrote:Excellent. Will they still offer me a shitload of morphine when I'm dying in agony?
Just move over the border into the US and you can get as many different opioids as you want and you don't even need to be dying in agony. All you need is medical insurance or adequate private means and you will have access to a pharmacological bonanza. The drug business is one of the major economic drivers in the US and as of the last official study 25 million Americans are permanently addicted to prescription opioid-derived pain-killers. In addition to this 25% of American children routinely take psycho-active drugs to make their behaviour more amenable. The land of the free is Zombieworld, Dalek, but to take the best advantage of it I'd advise you to first liquidate all of your assets and invest the proceeds in the stocks of pharmaceutical companies, all of which have the makers of US public policy on their payrolls.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Obvious Leo wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:Excellent. Will they still offer me a shitload of morphine when I'm dying in agony?
Just move over the border into the US and you can get as many different opioids as you want and you don't even need to be dying in agony. All you need is medical insurance or adequate private means and you will have access to a pharmacological bonanza. The drug business is one of the major economic drivers in the US and as of the last official study 25 million Americans are permanently addicted to prescription opioid-derived pain-killers. In addition to this 25% of American children routinely take psycho-active drugs to make their behaviour more amenable. The land of the free is Zombieworld, Dalek, but to take the best advantage of it I'd advise you to first liquidate all of your assets and invest the proceeds in the stocks of pharmaceutical companies, all of which have the makers of US public policy on their payrolls.
I've witnessed people with amputated limbs that were oozing, selling their oxycodone in Toronto. No need to move. I still bet though, when I really need it, they'll be so concerned about a dying man's addiction, that they'll reserve it for someone who had a root canal. :roll: