Is this story getting overblown?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Hobbes' Choice

Re: Is this story getting overblown?

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

No not at all.

Until something happens that changes this, the "story", as you put it, will, hopefully run and run.

Don't you want women to get equal treatment, and feel safe to be treated like human beings?
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:No not at all.

Until something that changes this, the "story", as you put it, will, hopefully run and run.

Don't you want women to get equal treatment, and feel safe to be treated like human beings?
Of course I do. What I'm suggesting is there are more important things to focus on.

A perfect case in point is ISIS. We were caught flat-footed while this organization sprang up from out of nowheres to become the most dangerous terrorist organization in history. Nowadays not a day goes by when another news story is run in connection with them. And there are many more problems to deal with in this world.

PhilX
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:

Until something that changes this, the "story", as you put it, will, hopefully run and run.

Of course I do. What I'm suggesting is there are more important things to focus on.

A perfect case in point is ISIS. We were caught flat-footed while this organization sprang up from out of nowheres to become the most dangerous terrorist organization in history. Nowadays not a day goes by when another news story is run in connection with them. And there are many more problems to deal with in this world.

PhilX
There are always more and less important things.
Apparently Taylor Swift got a bit pissed off this week.
Obviously whilst there is a baby dying of drinking dirty water somewhere in the world we should all shut the fuck up.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

PhilX
ISIS 'sprang up out of nowhere'? (Why the hell would you add an 's' to 'nowhere'?). Really? ISIS was you own dear country's creation. Every time it fucks with muslim countries the radicals gain more power. For all his faults Saddam Hussein understood this. He kept the extremists well in check. So did Gadaffi. The US just can't keep its big, fat, meddling snout out of that region.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:

PhilX
ISIS 'sprang up out of nowhere'? (Why the hell would you add an 's' to 'nowhere'?). Really? ISIS was you own dear country's creation. Every time it fucks with muslim countries the radicals gain more power. For all his faults Saddam Hussein understood this. He kept the extremists well in check. So did Gadaffi. The US just can't keep its big, fat, meddling snout out of that region.
How do we know you're not to blame?

PhilX

PS From my online dictionary:

"no·wheres

ˈnō(h)werz/

informal

adverb

nowhere.

'that boat was going nowheres' "
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: How do we know you're not to blame?

PhilX

"no·wheres

ˈnō(h)werz/

informal

adverb

nowhere.

Nowheres is an abomination. Stick your 'online dicktionary' up your arse.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote: How do we know you're not to blame?

PhilX

"no·wheres

ˈnō(h)werz/

informal

adverb

nowhere.

Nowheres is an abomination. Stick your 'online dicktionary' up your arse.
Like you're an authority LOL.

PhilX
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

maybe he is overstating it a bit but there is certainly a fair bit of truth to it

once on this very forum i suggested that promiscuity is not a really great idea and got some angry responses including private messages

including something along the lines of being called a frigid **** - men were offended by the very thought of a woman unwilling to have sex

this sort of thing is sadly very common

here is something for you guys to try - go on World of warcraft, or second life or whatever - with a female avatar.

see what happens
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Kayla wrote:maybe he is overstating it a bit but there is certainly a fair bit of truth to it

once on this very forum i suggested that promiscuity is not a really great idea and got some angry responses including private messages

including something along the lines of being called a frigid **** - men were offended by the very thought of a woman unwilling to have sex

this sort of thing is sadly very common

here is something for you guys to try - go on World of warcraft, or second life or whatever - with a female avatar.

see what happens
That's a great suggestion. Maybe PhilX would figure out what pr1cks men can be.