On women

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dalek Prime

Re: On women

Post by Dalek Prime »

Hegesias wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:I second that, Skip. He's an ass.
I must say, I was quite surprised to find women here on a philosophy forum; you know, given the "differences" in cognitive and emotional functions between men and women. I'm not saying all women are neurotic / unbalanced and dull but you don't really come across many female philosophers of significance do you?
Asses like you kept them from most professions and occupations throughout the ages, dismissing their ideas as you have. I only pray you value your future bride better than you do the rest of womanhood.
Hegesias

Post by Hegesias »

Dalek Prime wrote:
Hegesias wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:I second that, Skip. He's an ass.
I must say, I was quite surprised to find women here on a philosophy forum; you know, given the "differences" in cognitive and emotional functions between men and women. I'm not saying all women are neurotic / unbalanced and dull but you don't really come across many female philosophers of significance do you?
Asses like you kept them from most professions and occupations throughout the ages, dismissing their ideas as you have. I only pray you value your future bride better than you do the rest of womanhood.
I do value my fiancé, I assure you. She's a wonderful person. I'm not a misogynist. However, there are differences between the sexes and men holding women back does not account for said differences. Women are unique and valuable beings but they're just not as good at some things as men and vice versa. For example, women excell at reading body language but lack the peripheral vision and coordination that men developed from hunting. Women excell at nurturing and caring for children whereas men are lacking in that department because they have not been biologically ordained to fulfil that role.

I'm really only interested in talking to someone intellectually honest enough to admit these differences; someone not so blinded by ideology that you can't wring a little sense from their head.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

I'm more than happy to admit physical differences between the sexes. As the French say, vive la difference! However, I won't exaggerate them as you do.

I will point you to a book by David Benatar, though, which you may find to your liking, Benatar arguing for your view. Can't say I've read it, but he is usually quite thorough.

The Second Sexism: Discrimination Against Men and Boys (2012)

At the very least, it may help you argue your views in a rational fashion, as opposed to whining in general.
Skip

Post by Skip »

....biologically ordained.... :roll:
Throw this guy in a women's roller derby to test his hunter co-ordination.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

I've refereed women's roller derby, Skip. Quite enjoyed it. :)
Skip

Post by Skip »

Ah, but how well do you think Hegesias will *stack* up, biologically?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Skip wrote:Ah, but how well do you think Hegesias will *stack* up, biologically?
He wouldn't stand a chance against them. :)
Hegesias

Post by Hegesias »

Dalek Prime wrote:I'm more than happy to admit physical differences between the sexes. As the French say, vive la difference! However, I won't exaggerate them as you do.

I will point you to a book by David Benatar, though, which you may find to your liking, Benatar arguing for your view. Can't say I've read it, but he is usually quite thorough.

At the very least, it may help you argue your views in a rational fashion, as opposed to whining in general.
Hegesias

Post by Hegesias »

Dalek Prime wrote:I'm more than happy to admit physical differences between the sexes. As the French say, vive la difference! However, I won't exaggerate them as you do.

I'll take a look thanks. BTW, how did I manage to earn your ire? Oh that's right! I didn't sign up to your depopulation program. How many members you got so far? Just yourself and skip is it? If you want to offset Nigeria this decade you're gonna have to put in the hard yards Dalek. Social media; TV and radio spots; a book of the month; promotional events; celebrity endorsements. The whole ten fathoms. This thinning out of the human race should go down well in the ultra-nihilism that is Hollywood, but it needs to be "edgier." How about advocating a transnational body like the UN be given draconian powers to sterilise entire first world nations by drugging our drinking water or something? That should be nutty enough to get airtime on MSNBC. Just link it up with climate change and LGBTQWERTY rights and Tibetan Buddhism.

But say, don't you like my idea about sterilising all the dumbies instead? There's only so many people needed to sweep the floor at McDonalds and collect disability pensions but geniuses like you and I are in short supply. Especially female geniuses.

Ever been to a Mensa meet? They're always lacking in one particular sex...er, I mean "gender". Can you guess which one? I guess the men are holding them all back somehow. And those almost-uberklug ladies always tend to be...um, beautiful on the inside, as opposed to...well, they're just beautiful in a "I don't ever want to have sex with you" kind of way. And clever in a "rote learning till you've memorised the textbook" kind of way.

But it matters not and in fact I wouldn't have it any other way. It's been hard enough as it is. Even the daftest ones seem to have a sixth sense when it comes to sniffing out desperation, false confidence, social isolation and fakers. It's a survival mechanism. And a very difficult one to cheat. Most guys give up and just be themselves which in turn makes them more comfortable and confident which in turn makes them more desirable. Unfortunately for most guys this takes a long, long time and the path is awkward, humiliating, embarrassing, nerve wracking and downright painful.

It usually goes something like this:

18-year-old > Virgin or sexually inexperienced. Covers with false confidence / bravado. This usually manifests itself as calling out to women from their car, inappropriate ogling of every woman in sight. I can certainly appreciate why women are disgusted by these desperate beta puppies. But surely you pity a dog that mounts your leg? At least guys have a better sense of anatomy.

Then throughout their early 20's most guys have no idea what they're doing. They usually just end up dating women from their social circle as talking to strange women in bars and clubs only ever ends in humiliation. It's true. Notice how many guys in their 20's go to bars / clubs. Okay, lots but they go with their friends and spend 95% of their time with their friends. Then notice the older guys. They're the ones talking to women for the most part. And women in the early 20's value the attention of older men moreso than guys their own age(who are immature for the most part). Then look at the oldest guys there. You'll see a lot of guys in their late 40's. And they do well. How many women in their late 40's do you see and doing well at that?

All of this is good news for men and bad news for women. It's part of the reason I'm sympathetic to women in general. I know it's tough for them too only they're going through a lot of stuff in their 30's that guys go through in their 20's. And I'm sure it explains why I've found women in their 30's to be nicer people than women in their 20's.

Where were we? Yes, guys:

Late 20's, and most guys are just starting to wise up a bit and figure out what women want and how their minds work. A few years practice and...

Early to mid 30's. This is when most guys are starting to mature. Yes, most "men" are still children till they're middle aged. Men reach their SMV(Sexual Market Value) in their late 30's / early 40's. It allows us to make up for all that wasted time.

By contrast, women reach their peak of sexual desirability in their early to mid-20's. It's much harder for women as their looks are all they have and it's all downhill after 25. There's nothing more desperate than a single woman's biological clock ticking down. Less and less attention from lesser and lesser men with less and less time left to seal a deal.

But women mature much earlier and most realise well before they're 30 that they need to cash in and settle.

And men have the advantage in the settlement too. At least, before divorce that is. A guy who looks like an Adonis with a peanut for a brain will always lose out to a smart slob with a good job. And a guy can work on each box that needs ticking: mentally stable, good prospects, money, ability to be monogamous and to provide, good social network etc. But a woman has her looks and nothing else. She stares into the mirror for hours on end plucking, rearranging, disguising, painting - some end up as total freaks with painted on eyebrows two inches too high and coarse, wiry hair from too much bleach and hair dye. All a guy has to do is shave off his neckbeard every couple of days.

I feel sorry for women really. But then I remember all the bitches I've known and I imagine what their lives are like now. I actually bumped into a woman I hadn't seen in nearly 20 years. She was too good for me in high school. Not just too good but actually disgusted by my advances. Well, that's what she tried to convey at the time. And gullible young man that I was I believed it and took it to heart. Of course, I now know that was just her way of flattering her own ego by putting someone else down. I may not be every woman's type but I'm pretty sure I don't repulse women merely by trying to flirt with them. When you're young and lacking experience a woman like that can really mess with your self esteem. Not that I was terribly lacking but self esteem is a highly valuable commodity and I don't know of anyone who couldn't do with some more. I really can't believe I let a pair of tits with an IQ of 85 dictate my own self worth. Of course, the reality is "self value" really has nothing at all to do with it. I was deemed of little value because I didn't recognise my own value as a partner nor did I have the social skills, knowledge of the female mind, ability to master my emotions and put up an at ease / confident front etc. These things take a long time for men to develop ergo why men mature so much later than women.

Anyway, this princess I was so infatuated with in high school now appeared before me as an obese mess. Her once cute, pixie-like face now a confused, angry blob of flesh. I was dumbfounded. I fantasised about that? And she was stupid too.

I'd changed a great deal as well; so much so she didn't recognise me. I had the satisfaction of telling her who I was. The look on her face was priceless.

Women really are crueller than men for the most part. Men who abuse women are almost always losers with major inadequacies. The vast majority of guys I know are easy going.

But women who treat men like shit are all too common. And they're not just the dregs like men who abuse women. They're often high status types. They're spoilt and their egos are so inflated they often forget to cash in on their looks and end up fat, single and lonely with zero self esteem. And self esteem and confidence are impossible for a woman to fake because it's entirely an expression of their looks.

But I stress, I'm not one of these bitter types like you see in the manosphere whinging about women mistreating them. They're losers who blame women for their own failings. I like to make people feel good about themselves. I even flirt with plain women just to make them more confident and happy. I even target women I know have low self esteem. If only women had done the same for me I would've had a much better time in my 20's.

But of course, even nice women are afraid to flirt with a guy they don't want to date in case he gets the wrong idea and starts stalking her or something. This is another delusion of women blown out of all proportion. 99.5% of guys know when a woman isn't interested and back off. The crazy guys are few and far between and for every crazy-creepy guy there's a dozen clingy, neurotic women who slash your tyres or get your child taken off you or tells the police God knows what etc. With guys, it's either sane or insane. With women there's only degrees of craziness. And even a woman you've known for years who seems totally stable and well adjusted can suddenly, one day go utterly batshit. I've seen it myself with unexpected, sudden breakups.

The most cool, calm and collected lady can turn into a frothing maniac at the mere suggestion of time apart. A guy is literally risking life and limb when he has to end a relationship. How many guys would cry like a baby and kick and punch and spit and curse and threaten and rave at his girlfriend when she dumps him? Because that's a pretty common response from women I can assure you. Women get away with stuff that would land any guy in prison. And any guy giving evidence in court that he was bashed by his gf / wife is hardly going to be taken seriously by anyone, ever again. It's a silent epidemic. Hey, I like the sound of that! I'd like to see an "awareness campaign" about it.

Well, there's a nice, long opinionated diatribe for y'all to pick apart. All fair dinkum, honest opinion from a guy who's lived and learned. I didn't know any of this stuff when I was in my early 20's. I wouldn't have believed it. It all seems so fantastic doesn't it? I still find it hard to believe that a woman can actually fall for a guy she didn't actually feel sexually attracted to before he started acting calm and slowed down his mannerisms and chilled out and dropped the insecure body language and so on. This is the sort of stuff they should be teaching guys in sex ed. We already know how babies are made and that it's wrong to rape women and all the other crap we had to sit through.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Well, the less that's replicated, the better news for humankind.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

If you had earned my ire, I'd just block you, and not bother to point you to useful material.

Hey, you have an opinion. That's fine. I don't agree with it. Not a big deal. Do I care if you breed? Not really. Do I care if the world becomes a teeming mass of human flotsam, wallowing in filth? Not really. I'll be gone by then, and it won't be because of me that it's occurred.

Have I forgotten anything I wanted to address here? Nope.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Skip wrote:Well, the less that's replicated, the better news for humankind.
Yep. :)
Hegesias

Post by Hegesias »

Dalek Prime wrote:If you had earned my ire, I'd just block you, and not bother to point you to useful material.

Hey, you have an opinion. That's fine. I don't agree with it. Not a big deal. Do I care if you breed? Not really. Do I care if the world becomes a teeming mass of human flotsam, wallowing in filth? Not really. I'll be gone by then, and it won't be because of me that it's occurred.

Have I forgotten anything I wanted to address here? Nope.
Huh? I spent all that time and effort and you don't even mention anything I've said let alone get the makings of an argument going? What kind of forum is this anyway? I came to duke it out not to exchange witticisms with Canadians.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Hegesias wrote: Huh? I spent all that time and effort and you don't even mention anything I've said let alone get the makings of an argument going?
Yep.
What kind of forum is this anyway?
A philosophy forum. So, do some philosophy. So far, you've bitched about women, and talked about fast cars. You call that philosophy? Perhaps for a male teen, pumped with testosterone.
I came to duke it out not to exchange witticisms with Canadians.
I didn't know Skip was Canadian. You been holding out on me, Skip? :wink:
Skip

Post by Skip »

CDN and witty - eh?

It also happens that nobody else took any notice of him at all. So....

CDN and nice, yeh.