Gender divison in two opposites is greatest mistake of manki

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

surgeongirl

Re: Gender divison in two opposites is greatest mistake of m

Post by surgeongirl »

there has been lot of silence
Melchior

Post by Melchior »

Kayla wrote:
tbieter wrote:Sex is a biological feature that is present at the level of DNA.
sigh

you really should learn more about biology and genetics

just because you have a Y chromosome, or a set two X chromosomes does not mean that they will express themselves in a very specific way identical to that of anyone else with the same number of x and y chromosomes

there are people with functioning female genitals and a set of XY chromosomes. their xy chromosomes are just as xy as yours - and for all that, different genes got expressed.

you should consider taking a high school biology course
No, you should. Sex is a matter of biology, period. The word 'gender' had nothing to do with biology or living beings. It is a linguistics term.
Melchior

Post by Melchior »

surgeongirl wrote:’Scientists have somehow missed definitions of gender in human beings,” states Dr. Makarand Fulzele. Insights gained from years of practice as surgeon makes him wonder if indeed we have overlooked facts staring in our face. Nature has a tendency to hide many secrets but at the same time it provides enough clues to unravel its mysteries. Dr. Fulzele picks up loose threads from life to stitch together the theory that man is an extension of woman in his new book, “Man Is the Extension of Woman: Know the Ultimate Truth about Yourself” (published by iUniverse). Dr. Fulzele’s book explores similarities between men and women against the backdrop of their genetic differences, physical variations, and emotional and intellectual dissimilarities. Dr. Fulzele who is a successful surgeon further explains in his book: The main hypothesis I discuss in this book is that, if a woman lives long enough she will be converted into a man physically. A similar thing can also be stated about man. It is wrong to categorize humankind into two genders as it implicates that they are extremely dissimilar and physically opposite to each other. I try to prove that man and woman are just two different stages of one developmental process. And physically they are very similar. The ideas presented may sound unconventional but Dr. Fulzele implores readers to consider his point of view with an open mind. “Your world will not change if you do not agree with me. But if you agree with me, how does it change your world? If more people agree with you and me, how does it change our world? The possibilities are limitless.” About the Author Dr. Makarand Fulzele is a successful surgeon and medical superintendent of a government hospital in Mumbai. He enjoys tapping into hidden and mysterious regions of the human mind, where many strange thoughts occur and get ignored. He is also the author of “Rainbow,” a book similarly dedicated to the spirit of light.
Even though we use the idiom 'the opposite sex' this does not mean that men and women are 'opposites' in the usual sense of that term. Both sexes (NOT 'genders') are human in every sense.
surgeongirl

Re: Gender divison in two opposites is greatest mistake of manki

Post by surgeongirl »

Id mubarak to all
Melchior

Post by Melchior »

surgeongirl wrote:’Scientists have somehow missed definitions of gender in human beings,” states Dr. Makarand Fulzele. Insights gained from years of practice as surgeon makes him wonder if indeed we have overlooked facts staring in our face. Nature has a tendency to hide many secrets but at the same time it provides enough clues to unravel its mysteries. Dr. Fulzele picks up loose threads from life to stitch together the theory that man is an extension of woman in his new book, “Man Is the Extension of Woman: Know the Ultimate Truth about Yourself” (published by iUniverse). Dr. Fulzele’s book explores similarities between men and women against the backdrop of their genetic differences, physical variations, and emotional and intellectual dissimilarities. Dr. Fulzele who is a successful surgeon further explains in his book: The main hypothesis I discuss in this book is that, if a woman lives long enough she will be converted into a man physically. A similar thing can also be stated about man. It is wrong to categorize humankind into two genders as it implicates that they are extremely dissimilar and physically opposite to each other. I try to prove that man and woman are just two different stages of one developmental process. And physically they are very similar. The ideas presented may sound unconventional but Dr. Fulzele implores readers to consider his point of view with an open mind. “Your world will not change if you do not agree with me. But if you agree with me, how does it change your world? If more people agree with you and me, how does it change our world? The possibilities are limitless.” About the Author Dr. Makarand Fulzele is a successful surgeon and medical superintendent of a government hospital in Mumbai. He enjoys tapping into hidden and mysterious regions of the human mind, where many strange thoughts occur and get ignored. He is also the author of “Rainbow,” a book similarly dedicated to the spirit of light.

Human beings don't have 'genders'. The word 'gender' is a linguistics term.
surgeongirl

Post by surgeongirl »

These are brilliant and highly inspired thoughts. They resonate deeply with the deepest of creative impulses coming to man. The work of Rudolf Steiner and, oddly, Goethe, involve these kinds of spiritual pictures in the west.
The time for the so-called 'separation of the sexes' is beginning to end. We see already the movement in transsexualism. This must be appreciated and understood in the present context of the language of sexual individualizing. If a boy does not feel like a boy our linguistic reality points to 'I must be a girl'. The time for the individual is maturing. We are still imprisoned in dualistic thinking...therefore it is not surprising that such polarity thinking arises. What about: 'let us support you in becoming YOU, and not necessarily the logical pole of thinking: 'then I must be a girl'.
These are profound changes coming to us. Without a deep perspective we will be lost and condemned to this low-level logical thinking.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Basically it comes down to power. Men are bigger and stronger than women so they have tended to dominate. Ditto chimps and numerous other species.

Our biggest mistakes stem from the problem of other minds, that we cannot know what is going on in another's head, of if anything is going on at all. If it's assumed that nothing worthwhile is going on in another's mind this can lead to in objectification and subsequent harsh exploitation. If complaints of the vulnerable to exploitation - women, children, migrants and other species - can be easily silenced, then the exploitation can continue without consequence. And this is what has traditionally occurred between the sexes in humans and it's also seen in numerous other species. Further, the dynamic does continue within genders - high status males and females dominating and objectifying the poor and disempowered.

In the future I expect that there will be greater gender and sexuality diversity as the stigmas lift, allowing those who are not normal (in benign ways) to be true to themselves without unnecessary problems. Still, I expect most of our descendants to follow fairly usual gender roles because they will have other priorities; it's surely easier for most people to get their gender and sexuality sorted out early so they can move on with life.
surgeongirl

Post by surgeongirl »

These are brilliant and highly inspired thoughts. They resonate deeply with the deepest of creative impulses coming to man. The work of Rudolf Steiner and, oddly, Goethe, involve these kinds of spiritual pictures in the west.
The time for the so-called 'separation of the sexes' is beginning to end. We see already the movement in transsexualism. This must be appreciated and understood in the present context of the language of sexual individualizing. If a boy does not feel like a boy our linguistic reality points to 'I must be a girl'. The time for the individual is maturing. We are still imprisoned in dualistic thinking...therefore it is not surprising that such polarity thinking arises. What about: 'let us support you in becoming YOU, and not necessarily the logical pole of thinking: 'then I must be a girl'.
These are profound changes coming to us. Without a deep perspective we will be lost and condemned to this low-level logical thinking.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

I remember once attending a talk on the Gospel of Thomas where I knew a lot of feminist types would be. I was anxious to see how the speaker would approach the dreaded #114. So with innocent eyes I just listened quietly with the intent to see how he would dance around it. He was superb in how he didn't say anything.

(114) Simon Peter said to him, "Let Mary leave us, for women are not worthy of life."
Jesus said, "I myself shall lead her in order to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every woman who will make herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven."
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Nick_A wrote:I remember once attending a talk on the Gospel of Thomas where I knew a lot of feminist types would be. I was anxious to see how the speaker would approach the dreaded #114. So with innocent eyes I just listened quietly with the intent to see how he would dance around it. He was superb in how he didn't say anything.

(114) Simon Peter said to him, "Let Mary leave us, for women are not worthy of life."
Jesus said, "I myself shall lead her in order to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every woman who will make herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven."
You momma sucks.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

I'd like to point out that momma sucking is not a definite truism. One's momma definitely puts out, but that only shows her inclination to vanilla missionary sex, and does not in any way imply a proclivity towards this sucking...
Greta

Post by Greta »

surgeongirl wrote:If a boy does not feel like a boy our linguistic reality points to 'I must be a girl'. The time for the individual is maturing. We are still imprisoned in dualistic thinking...therefore it is not surprising that such polarity thinking arises. What about: 'let us support you in becoming YOU, and not necessarily the logical pole of thinking: 'then I must be a girl'.
I am confident we'll get there; it's just a matter of when. Binary gender is just a model, and it's easy to start thinking our models represent actual reality as opposed to being practical "shorthand". Babies born with ambiguous primary genitalia are still frequently "corrected" to preserve our models in the fact of reality's persist onslaughts against them (how inconsiderate!) - and we chop and change these babies for model conformity even when it limits sexual functionality and pleasure.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Greta, do you recall that friend of mine you once Googled, whilst researching antinatalism? He writes much on feminist topics, and has some good points to make that transgender are effectively encroaching on feminine space, and making a mockery of, and holding back, real feminist goals. I believe he is more enthused by ridding society of gender labels, period, rather than creating more. Which does make sense, if you read him through. But I don't want to do him a disservice by pretending I understand his goals, or exactly how he thinks.

It's enough to say that he's a fellow that has made me think. And that doesn't happen often lol. :wink:
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Dalek Prime wrote:Greta, do you recall that friend of mine you once Googled, whilst researching antinatalism? He writes much on feminist topics, and has some good points to make that transgender are effectively encroaching on feminine space, and making a mockery of, and holding back, real feminist goals. I believe he is more enthused by ridding society of gender labels, period, rather than creating more. Which does make sense, if you read him through. But I don't want to do him a disservice by pretending I understand his goals, or exactly how he thinks.

It's enough to say that he's a fellow that has made me think. And that doesn't happen often lol. :wink:
I don't have a problem with men dressing as women or vice versa. What I do think is ridiculous is when they claim that they have changed sex and a man is a woman or a woman is a man. Look at Bruce Jenner. He still has the deep voice, huge man-hands, and (presumably) the strength of a man. Give me a break. I wonder how long it will be before he decides to 'change back'. He's never had a period. Never gone through childbirth... There's a bit more to being a woman than makeup, a wig, and designer dresses. He just looks and sounds like a masculine man in a dress.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:Greta, do you recall that friend of mine you once Googled, whilst researching antinatalism? He writes much on feminist topics, and has some good points to make that transgender are effectively encroaching on feminine space, and making a mockery of, and holding back, real feminist goals. I believe he is more enthused by ridding society of gender labels, period, rather than creating more. Which does make sense, if you read him through. But I don't want to do him a disservice by pretending I understand his goals, or exactly how he thinks.

I don't have a problem with men dressing as women or vice versa. What I do think is ridiculous is when they claim that they have changed sex and a man is a woman or a woman is a man. Look at Bruce Jenner. He still has the deep voice, huge man-hands, and (presumably) the strength of a man. Give me a break. I wonder how long it will be before he decides to 'change back'. He's never had a period. Never gone through childbirth... There's a bit more to being a woman than makeup, a wig, and designer dresses. He just looks and sounds like a masculine man in a dress.
I agree with you, veg. And this is how men are trying to encroach on women's spaces in part; by denying that only women are women, and thus trying to erase their voices, by claiming womanhood, and saying they speak for them. They don't. They are not women, and should get no voice on women's topics. They are trying to hyjack the discussion with their claims.

Hey, I'm all for live and let live, but not at the expense of half the population.
Last edited by Dalek Prime on Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.