A Woman's Inner and Outer Beauty

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: A Woman's Inner and Outer Beauty

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 pm I must remember that you are really a fopdoodle and not take you seriously.
That doesn't bother me, Nick, I've not been taken seriously by better people than you.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:04 pmYou don't care about me in particular. Your secular intolerance is directed against all who have experienced the third direction of thought. I am just the only one here writing of it. Your mindset and those who react as you do become spirit killers in educational institutions. What is so satisfying about draining the spiritual life out of young people? It is your way, not mine.
Nick, you misunderstand. I don't care about what you think at all. I gave up listening when I realised that you were just petty and vindictive, using your theology to support your personal resentments. It made clear to me that any "spiritual product" you were selling was either snake oil or twisted into a form of snake oil by your spin.

I note that you treat spiritual attainments as competitive status objects. I'll give you a tip: you probably engage in the "third direction of thought" a whole lot less than you think, probably less than many of the "secularists" (ie. most people) whom you detest so fiercely.

From what I've seen, religious education systems were enthusiastic "spirit killers" long before secular society won the right to be heard (if not yet to rule). It's close to home because the nuns at Mum's convent school inflicted lasting trauma and damage through their illogic, narrowness and violence.

Funny thing in context with the thread. Note that priests often had sex with the boys in their "care" while the nuns bashed the girls, rather than molested them. It smells like patriarchy - a world of desirable and desired males were the undesirable females try to eliminate competition for male attention.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 pmNo, not all secular intolerants end up in educational institutions. Those that do become spirit killers.
Nick, please don't go away. When I speak with you I feel incredibly sane, like a rock of sanity. My usual state is one of gibbering uncertainy.

To speak with someone as fucked up as you brings unfamiliar feelings. Often in life I hear serious people speaking of seriously intelligent things that I would not dare interrupt. Amongst such company I feel like a rat scurrying amongst the ankles of giant humans. Then I spot a cockroach on a philosophy forum with a little home-made halo held up by its feelers, jumping up and down looking for attention ...
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Greta wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:27 pm
Nick_A wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:04 pmYou don't care about me in particular. Your secular intolerance is directed against all who have experienced the third direction of thought. I am just the only one here writing of it. Your mindset and those who react as you do become spirit killers in educational institutions. What is so satisfying about draining the spiritual life out of young people? It is your way, not mine.
Nick, you misunderstand. I don't care about what you think at all. I gave up listening when I realised that you were just petty and vindictive, using your theology to support your personal resentments. It made clear to me that any "spiritual product" you were selling was either snake oil or twisted into a form of snake oil by your spin.

I note that you treat spiritual attainments as competitive status objects. I'll give you a tip: you probably engage in the "third direction of thought" a whole lot less than you think, probably less than many of the "secularists" (ie. most people) whom you detest so fiercely.

From what I've seen, religious education systems were enthusiastic "spirit killers" long before secular society won the right to be heard (if not yet to rule). It's close to home because the nuns at Mum's convent school inflicted lasting trauma and damage through their illogic, narrowness and violence.

Funny thing in context with the thread. Note that priests often had sex with the boys in their "care" while the nuns bashed the girls, rather than molested them. It smells like patriarchy - a world of desirable and desired males were the undesirable females try to eliminate competition for male attention.
I would say it's more that they got a sexual kick out of it themselves as a way to vent some of their repressed lesbian lust. Catholics have always been obsessed with sex for some reason.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Harbal wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:54 pm
Nick_A wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 pm I must remember that you are really a fopdoodle and not take you seriously.
That doesn't bother me, Nick, I've not been taken seriously by better people than you.
I sure hope so.
Greta

Post by Greta »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:37 am
Greta wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:27 pmIt smells like patriarchy - a world of desirable and desired males were the undesirable females try to eliminate competition for male attention.
I would say it's more that they got a sexual kick out of it themselves as a way to vent some of their repressed lesbian lust. Catholics have always been obsessed with sex for some reason.
Yes. My oversight.

Sexual repression would have certainly featured in the extremity of the beatings, although their focus on on the prettier girls could be taken as either desire or jealousy, or both come to think of it. Some were do doubt power drunk too.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta

N
ick, you misunderstand. I don't care about what you think at all. I gave up listening when I realised that you were just petty and vindictive, using your theology to support your personal resentments. It made clear to me that any "spiritual product" you were selling was either snake oil or twisted into a form of snake oil by your spin.
There is no sense in resenting the human condition. You’ve provided an example of what I’ve been taking too lightly which is the damaging result of secular intolerance on the psyche of the young still capable of becoming balanced. Women with inner beauty feel the importance of their inner connection with their source and its priority over social influences. Men like Dr. Nicolescu with both a scientific and spiritual mind are providing the initial means to reconcile science and the essence of religion, mind and heart so a person can simultaneously become capable of feeling and reasoning objective human meaning and purpose. I’ve described the problem in the Secular Intolerance thread and have offered one path towards it by offering Dr. Nicolescu’s description of the hidden third. You are the one caught up in resentments. I offer solutions.
There is no competition. What sense does it make to argue opinions in Plato’s cave which are at best partial truths? It is like arguing who wins in bad chess. People desiring to become free of psychological cave restrictions know that the real battle is within themselves. There is no status in this. The world will hate you for it. The more one begins to understand, the greater the resistance.

Secularism is an unnatural result created by the human condition. Why detest it? It is far better to understand why it has become dominant over universalism and what can be done to heal it.
I thought this was the case and it is truly unfortunate. You’ve been hurt on the inside which is often the hardest hurt to let go of. Religious education is really indoctrination into secular indoctrination under the banner of religion. It has done enormous harm. The negative emotions it produces are also a primary cause of metaphysical repression
Fool's gold exists because there is real gold. –Rumi.
Simone was an atheist as was Jacob Needleman and I believe Basarab Nicolescu. They all felt that objetive truth exists but their “religious education” was turning them against. For whatever reason they were exposed to ideas that made sense and allowed them to let go of previous indoctrinations.

Simone Weil is known as the Patron Saint of Outsiders because she knew that the great depth of Christianity had been perverted on the outside so she could never become a part of the Catholic Church.

I’m sorry that an obviously sensitive person like you has been hurt in this way. It is sick stuff. But that is no reason to support the spirit killing of secular intolerance to replace the spirit killing of perverted secularized religion. People I’ve mentioned have all offered indications not only for admitting the human condition within ourselves but what is necessary to heal it. The World will reject them but a minority will be grateful for the opportunity offered to awaken to the reality of the human condition and what it deprives us of.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:51 amThere is no sense in resenting the human condition.
THEN WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT ALL THIS TIME?????????

:lol: :lol:
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:34 am
Nick_A wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:51 amThere is no sense in resenting the human condition.
THEN WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT ALL THIS TIME?????????

:lol: :lol:
Why is speculating on the human condition considered complaining. Secularism is intolerant of the universal perspective since it considers the secular cave perspective as the ultimate in human conscious expression. To question it is by definition complaining. Plato admits it.

http://www.philosophyzer.com/the-allego ... d-meaning/
The Escape

One of the prisoners then escapes from their bindings and leaves the cave.
He is shocked at the world he discovers outside the cave and does not believe it can be real.
As he becomes used to his new surroundings, he realizes that his former view of reality was wrong.
He begins to understand his new world, and sees that the Sun is the source of life and goes on an intellectual journey where he discovers beauty and meaning
He see’s that his former life, and the guessing game they played is useless.

The Return

The prisoner returns to the cave, to inform the other prisoners of his findings.
They do not believe him and threaten to kill him if he tries to set them free.
Dedicated secularism is intolerant of universalism. It consider it mindless complaining to suggest a consciousperspective more real than cave life. If they can't physically kill the complainer they can at least spiritually kill the young before they begin pondering obvious insults against secularism. You call this complaining and I see it as the obligation of philosophy as the love of wisdom.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:18 pm You call this complaining
I call it complaining as well.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Harbal wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:58 pm
Nick_A wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:18 pm You call this complaining
I call it complaining as well.
I oppose spirit killing and you call it complaining. This from a person still complaining about the waltz and its effects on English females. No justice!

From an 1816 issue of the Times of London:

The indecent foreign dance called the Waltz was introduced ... at the English Court on Friday last ... It is quite sufficient to cast one's eyes on the voluptuous intertwining of the limbs, and close compressure of the bodies ... to see that it is far indeed removed from the modest reserve which has hitherto been considered distinctive of English females...[Now that it is] forced on the respectable classes of society by the evil example of their superiors, we feel it a duty to warn every parent against exposing his daughter to so fatal a contagion.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:34 pm I oppose spirit killing and you call it complaining.
It doesn't make any difference how you dress it up, Nick, you've done nothing but whinge and whine.
This from a person still complaining about the waltz and its effects on English females. No justice!
Have you gone totally nuts, Nick? I've never said a damn word about the waltz.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Harbal wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:46 pm
Nick_A wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:34 pm I oppose spirit killing and you call it complaining.
It doesn't make any difference how you dress it up, Nick, you've done nothing but whinge and whine.
This from a person still complaining about the waltz and its effects on English females. No justice!

No, I dine with wine. There is a difference.

Yes, but we know the rumors about what you have spoken in private. Apparently you have a strong objection to intertwining limbs especially when they involve English females. The rumor is so offensive that a special prosecutor is being named to investigate the situation so the proper ruling can be made on your attitudes which may need to be adjusted. Protesting a waltz is a bit much
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:28 pm No, I dine with wine. There is a difference.
Yes, but we know the rumors about what you have spoken in private. Apparently you have a strong objection to intertwining limbs especially when they involve English females. The rumor is so offensive that a special prosecutor is being named to investigate the situation so the proper ruling can be made on your attitudes which may need to be adjusted. Protesting a waltz is a bit much
I'll take that as a yes, you have gone totally nuts.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:28 pmNo, I dine with wine. There is a difference.
How many bottles with each meal?