~ The War Within ~

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

~ The War Within ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

“It struck him that in moments of crisis one is never fighting against an external enemy, but always against one’s own body...

On the battlefield, in the torture chamber, on a sinking ship, the issues that you are fighting for are always forgotten, because the body swells up until it fills the universe, and even when you are not paralyzed by fright or screaming with pain, life is a moment-to-moment struggle against hunger or cold or sleeplessness, against a sour stomach or an aching tooth.”
~~~ George Orwell, 1984 ~~~

Necromancer

Re: ~ The War Within ~

Post by Necromancer »

No, Bill, don't go there... The life, love and hope... Your place in Heaven is reserved. You should shine more of optimism for the future! :)
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Bill Wiltrack wrote: “It struck him that in moments of crisis one is never fighting against an external enemy, but always against one’s own body...
One's own mind, yes? Why does the mind choose struggle over love, Bill?
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Lacewing wrote:
Bill Wiltrack wrote: “It struck him that in moments of crisis one is never fighting against an external enemy, but always against one’s own body...
One's own mind, yes? Why does the mind choose struggle over love, Bill?
Because we don't eat enough flowers :roll:
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

TSBU wrote:Because we don't eat enough flowers :roll:
It's not surprising that you turn everything into a shallow cartoon with your ignorant humor, as you've made it clear that's the limit of your mind. :wink:
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Lacewing wrote:
TSBU wrote:Because we don't eat enough flowers :roll:
It's not surprising that you turn everything into a shallow cartoon with your ignorant humor, as you've made it clear that's the limit of your mind. :wink:
It is less than a cartoon, I just put the pictures to the ridiculous, I give the colour.
Oh, people should shoose love and happiness, and lolipops, they are all wrong... you've opened my eyes to the truth, for now on, I'll be a tree.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

TSBU wrote:Oh, people should shoose love and happiness, and lolipops, they are all wrong... you've opened my eyes to the truth, for now on, I'll be a tree.
Your ignorance is keeping you from seeing anything more than a cartoon. Very one-dimensional of you.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Lacewing wrote:
TSBU wrote:Oh, people should shoose love and happiness, and lolipops, they are all wrong... you've opened my eyes to the truth, for now on, I'll be a tree.
Your ignorance is keeping you from seeing anything more than a cartoon. Very one-dimensional of you.
Yeah, sure, you are helping again, thanks to your love-philosophy post, for now on, I'm wize. Keep on, you'll turn this world into your Narnia.