do you consider morality a burden?

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

osgart

Post by osgart »

to me it means you care at all. That you take joy in the welfare of good people. Lets face it morality aint a corrupt tax. It means you love life and those who honor their commitments and relationships. Give life and see a better world to live in. Dont get rapped up in your own wanton selfishness for gain and beating the other guy to smithereens. Life is a gift to the moral.
TSBU

Re: do you consider morality a burden?

Post by TSBU »

osgart wrote:to me it means you care at all. That you take joy in the welfare of good people. Lets face it morality aint a corrupt tax. It means you love life and those who honor their commitments and relationships. Give life and see a better world to live in. Dont get rapped up in your own wanton selfishness for gain and beating the other guy to smithereens. Life is a gift to the moral.
I don't have morality I think. I sometimes consider my knowledge about human mind a curse.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

TSBU wrote:
osgart wrote:to me it means you care at all. That you take joy in the welfare of good people. Lets face it morality aint a corrupt tax. It means you love life and those who honor their commitments and relationships. Give life and see a better world to live in. Dont get rapped up in your own wanton selfishness for gain and beating the other guy to smithereens. Life is a gift to the moral.
I don't have morality I think. I sometimes consider my knowledge about human mind a curse.
You do not seem to have ANY knowledge about anything, let alone "human mind".
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
TSBU wrote:
You seem to have tour head full of crap, let me alone XD.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

TSBU wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
TSBU wrote:
You seem to have tour head full of crap, let me alone XD.
Boo hoo!! "leave me alone!"
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Boo hoo!! "leave me alone!"
:roll:
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

TSBU wrote:
Now you are the oompa loompa.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

When people practice morality I think it is in order to avoid the even bigger burden of the guilt they would have to carry if they didn't practice it.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
TSBU wrote:
Now you are the oompa loompa.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Mine (such as it is): no.

Yours: absolutely.
Abunai

Post by Abunai »

If you're a strong believer in your own personal morality it's only a burden to go against it
JackSalad

Post by JackSalad »

I think to live without morality would be a burden as you cause others to become upset at you if you do them wrong and you wouldn't feel good about yourself by doing wrong.