Do you know your own self-interest?

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

artisticsolution

Re:

Post by artisticsolution »

henry quirk wrote:"His words have always been and shall continue to be, clumsy and ill-advised."

No doubt. Trump is coarse, a bully, misogynistic, and lord knows what else.

Good.

Really, what have the last eight years with the oh-so civilized and evolved and eloquent Barrack Obama brought us?

I say: give the bastard Trump a chance.
So is Charles Manson....that doesn't mean he'doesn't make a good president.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Shit, at this point I'd even give Manson four years in the big chair. No friggin' way he can do worse than what's there now.
artisticsolution

Re:

Post by artisticsolution »

henry quirk wrote:Shit, at this point I'd even give Manson four years in the big chair. No friggin' way he can do worse than what's there now.
The majority disagrees with you. :)
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Seems to me, the 'majority' is dissatisfied with the current occupant and uncertain about his potential democrat successor.

If the 'majority' were so hot to continue 'what is' then why is the race as close as it is?

As Clinton herself said, "Why aren't I fifty points ahead in the polls?".

Face it: the Dems picked badly, the Repubs picked badly...your choice: go with another four to eight years of the same crap, or, try sumthin' new.

Me: I'm opting for sumthin' new.

This ain't Trump-love, just pragmaticism.
Walker

Re: Do you know your own self-interest?

Post by Walker »

“To empower a government, give it the internet.”

21st-century censorship
Governments around the world are using stealthy strategies to manipulate the media
Columbia Journalism Review
http://www.cjr.org/cover_story/21st_cen ... orship.php
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Here's a good one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kikTv0I8XVw
Highlighting Donald's abuse of power.
Power corrupts,
and Absolute Power, Corrupts Absolutely!
What a fine leader of our nation he wouldn't be!

Hey Walker, It's extremely funny how your 'boy,' and I do mean 'boy,' is going down the tubes, real quick.

I mean sure I love women, I'm a male, duh? But I surely wouldn't use my power as the owner of a Beauty Pageant to spy on nude young women while they're hanging cloths. As a matter of fact, since I've grown up, which was quite some time ago, I've boycotted beauty pageants, I won't watch them because the objectification of women is not worth my time. Not worth making a fuss over. Sure some women are lucky enough to be born more beautiful than the next, and as a testosterone filled male I sometimes look as they pass by, it's natural, it's chemically coded, but it's not worth a show honoring such things, as if it's not just an accident of birth.

I stopped trying to peek at women changing clothes when I was finished going through adolescence, all young 'boys' seem to do it, once or twice.
SpheresOfBalance

The young boy, Donald Trump, has loser stamped on every ignorant utterance he manages to grunt. Its obvious that his "self interest" is out of touch with the majority of Americans, and that he's oblivious to that fact. The only good thing one can say about Donald is that, whether wittingly or not, he seems to be honest; honestly both stupid and ignorant. Certainly not Presidential/Commander in Chief material, certainly!!
Walker

Post by Walker »

Your next step is to take your animating interest and channel it into the broader sphere of philosophy. Even propagandized minds have the capacity for intellectual integrity leading to truth, though don't expect miracles right away.

SpheresOfBalance

Walker wrote:Your next step is to take your animating interest and channel it into the broader sphere of philosophy. Even propagandized minds have the capacity for intellectual integrity leading to truth, though don't expect miracles right away.

You make the serious mistake of believing I vote for the one that I believe shall be the BEST PRESIDENT.

NO FUCKING WAY!

I've only ever voted against the one that would make the WORST PRESIDENT.

And during this particular election it's Donald that would be the WORST PRESIDENT.

Since I started voting in 1993, I've never voted for a candidate I couldn't wait to vote for because I thought they'd be the best president ever. I don't think that human has either, ever been alive, or shall ever be. Crap, if they were ever actually born, and would run for president and win, they'd be assassinated their first day.

Haven't you noticed? I believe that humans are dumb fucking animals.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:I believe that humans are dumb fucking animals.
Do you think the same of yourself?
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Walker wrote:Your next step is to take your animating interest and channel it into the broader sphere of philosophy. Even propagandized minds have the capacity for intellectual integrity leading to truth, though don't expect miracles right away.

You make the serious mistake of believing I vote for the one that I believe shall be the BEST PRESIDENT.

NO FUCKING WAY!

And during this particular election it's Donald that would be the WORST PRESIDENT.

Since I started voting in 1993, I've never voted for a candidate I couldn't wait to vote for because I thought they'd be the best president ever. I don't think that human has either, ever been alive, or shall ever be. Crap, if they were ever actually born, and would run for president and win, they'd be assassinated their first day.

id say hillary or gary johnson would be the worst president. gary johnson would literally cripple the infrastructure and hillary would cause a nuclear apocalypse.
SpheresOfBalance

Lacewing wrote:
I'm talking about "all of us," based on all the whacked out things we do. Let me know if you need a list. Sure, some will be reflections of me, and some will be reflections of you. But it doesn't stop there, there would be reflections of every single human on this fine planet earth. If you believe I'd leave myself out of the mix, you're nuts. Luckily most of mine, I've already admitted to myself, and largely they were to do with ignorance, no I've never purposely perpetrated any wrong doing toward anyone or anything where I knew full well that I was doing so. I'm very sensitive to others needs whether it's love or harsh words they require. I'm a rather extreme empath often finding myself crying when I sense another's pain, grand epiphany, or other warm loving moment when there was previously none.

Right, is what's right, for everyone!!!

We all have our strengths and our weaknesses, no one doesn't. And it's impossible to calculate what's more important, apples, oranges, bananas, or any other fruit of each of our particular shortcomings.

We all need to seriously evolve. As I see "naked ape" as pretty much a fitting synonym for human, if not the most telling.
SpheresOfBalance

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:

NO FUCKING WAY!

id say hillary or gary johnson would be the worst president. gary johnson would literally cripple the infrastructure and hillary would cause a nuclear apocalypse.
Then obviously your head is screwed on backwards! As it's Donald with no nuclear sense, he's a babbling, paranoid, peeking tom of a whiner, because his pussy hurts, kind of boy. The difference between you and I is that I spent 16 years working for the US DOD, and know considerably more about M.A.D., and the telling tale of the human condition, concerned with it's dealings, in the face of their ignorantly conceived reality; the utter insanity of becoming that which one fears, then shrinking in it's shadow, yet maintaining the status quo.

But of course I'll always continue to support your right to have an opinion, no matter how absurd. I mean have you actually watched all three debates, or have you not been taking your medicine?

Then again if I remember correctly, there's always the consummate pot stirrer.
;-)
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Lacewing wrote:
If you believe I'd leave myself out of the mix, you're nuts.
I have no idea what you're capable/incapable of. You appear to like to lecture people, while touting your own qualities, so I couldn't guess if you included yourself in your assessment of humans in general.

I think humans are MANY things. "Dumb fucking animals" is only one possibility. :) "Amazing beautiful souls" is another. Might you agree that we all have the capacity to be any and all of it? Perhaps any one of us could be a murderer or terrorist or empath or saint. Perhaps it just depends on what energy we're swirling in... and what we "latch onto". Kind of like a bunch of actors that come onto a stage... and we choose/create the roles that we play out.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Then obviously your head is screwed on backwards! As it's Donald with no nuclear sense, he's a babbling, paranoid, peeking tom of a whiner, because his pussy hurts, kind of boy. The difference between you and I is that I spent 16 years working for the US DOD, and know considerably more about M.A.D., and the telling tale of the human condition, concerned with it's dealings, in the face of their ignorantly conceived reality; the utter insanity of becoming that which one fears, then shrinking in it's shadow, yet maintaining the status quo.

But of course I'll always continue to support your right to have an opinion, no matter how absurd. I mean have you actually watched all three debates, or have you not been taking your medicine?

Then again if I remember correctly, there's always the consummate pot stirrer.
;-)
DOD can't even program an interactive game without getting a 404 error. Not too confident in it's abilities to defend us from China as the F-23 plans were already leaked and stolen by China.

Not too confident in Hillary's ability to avert us from nuclear warfare as she is adamant and vitrolic against Putin. Anytime her emails are mentioned she accuses Putin and some grand Russian conspiracy against her. Putin has already made threats to us. And Hillary has already made threatening postures to him. As for paranoia Hillary is quite paranoid and delusional as is Trump.

Trump never threatened anyone with nuclear warfare, he only threatened to cut US budget spending overseas and stop protecting countries like Japan. Hillary did not miss the opportunity of course to twist his words to put things in his mouth that he never said.

It all boils down to Trump would be a garbage president but at least is cool with Putin, Hillary would be a garbage president but is not cool with Putin, so WW3 will happen with Hillary. Vote for Stein. Vote for Green Party.