Ayn Rand and Selfishness as a Virtue

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dalek Prime

Re: Ayn Rand and Selfishness as a Virtue

Post by Dalek Prime »

SOB, don't bother arguing with Walker on this. He's stuck on Rand, and won't listen to anything to the contrary.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Dalek Prime wrote:SOB, don't bother arguing with Walker on this. He's stuck on Rand, and won't listen to anything to the contrary.
Thanks DP, but I'm sure you're well aware that I fear no ones arguments of 'reason' (<-sometimes used lightly indeed). ;-)
Walker

Post by Walker »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Walker wrote:No idea what you’re talking about. You should haul that on down to the garage and get the spheres balanced.

Ayn Rand was an atheist, you know.

She created atheist heroes in her fiction.
Walker I've noticed that you seem to 'try' to obfuscate your meaning. When someone doesn't have to 'try,' it speaks more of the others ignorance, less of ones protection-fear racket. Of course ignorance is no crime at all, unless of course one chooses to ignore trying to understand another's meaning. Then the crime could be self defeating; ignorance perpetuation. No one knows it all, though some profess to, as their Protection-fear racket becomes apparent. You should read Ernest Beckers book, I believe it would behoove you.
We don't need no stinking hooves!

I'm sayin it plain.

Behoove your transmission, that's one thing you can control.

They can do that down at the garage during the balancing job.

With hooves you can move faster and keep up.

:wink:
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:SOB, don't bother arguing with Walker on this. He's stuck on Rand, and won't listen to anything to the contrary.
Thanks DP, but I'm sure you're well aware that I fear no ones arguments of 'reason' (<-sometimes used lightly indeed). ;-)
I know. Just trying to save you banging your head against a wall, or the feeling that you're talking to one.
SpheresOfBalance

Dalek Prime wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
I know. Just trying to save you banging your head against a wall, or the feeling that you're talking to one.
Look, he hears whether he acknowledges it or not. He was the first, in one of the more earlier threads, we played ping pong in, to try and frame me with his assertion that I displayed a protection-fear racket, far too ignorant to realize he was in fact displaying exactly that. That he was simply projecting his modus operandi onto another because he exemplified it so very well, though seemingly quite oblivious. Of course I just had to laugh! And so it set our stage!

I think the funnier thing is that we all have a protection-fear racket, to one extent or another, though many may refuse to acknowledge it. Why? Well for fear of course. ;-)

Obviously your and his dealings, I'm sure, have their own particular stage. Have at it man, that's your call.

P.S. Thanks for your attempt at helping me, it's greatly appreciated!
SpheresOfBalance

Walker wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Walker wrote:No idea what you’re talking about. You should haul that on down to the garage and get the spheres balanced.

Ayn Rand was an atheist, you know.

She created atheist heroes in her fiction.
Walker I've noticed that you seem to 'try' to obfuscate your meaning. When someone doesn't have to 'try,' it speaks more of the others ignorance, less of ones protection-fear racket. Of course ignorance is no crime at all, unless of course one chooses to ignore trying to understand another's meaning. Then the crime could be self defeating; ignorance perpetuation. No one knows it all, though some profess to, as their Protection-fear racket becomes apparent. You should read Ernest Beckers book, I believe it would behoove you.
We don't need no stinking hooves!

I'm sayin it plain.

Behoove your transmission, that's one thing you can control.

They can do that down at the garage during the balancing job.

With hooves you can move faster and keep up.

:wink:
I'm sure you believe you're funny, and to you that's all that matters. ;-)
Walker

Post by Walker »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:I'm sure you believe you're funny, and to you that's all that matters. ;-)
Sigh. I explained the train, so I’ll skim over this.

What’s important is that you place your attention upon what you can control, to the degree that you can control anything. If you think anyone should do anything, look to yourself. The transmission is what you send out to the world. So, one thing you can work at controlling is your transmission to the world.

We have discussed the significance of your name before. Duality balancing into non-duality, and so on. Thus when the spheres of duality are balanced into stasis of opposing forces, stillness, this leads to the apparent contradiction of moving faster while remaining still.

But really, I see little incentive to proceed with meanings you fail to grasp.

(Just sorta teasing, since that’s your game. You seem like a decent chap, though the mere saying of that could be enough for you to prove me wrong. Never know what people are receiving from a clear, concise, and intelligent transmission.)

You see?
Non-reactionary.
Non-atheistic.

Did you get on board the Trump train yet?
SpheresOfBalance

Walker wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:I'm sure you believe you're funny, and to you that's all that matters. ;-)
Sigh. I explained the train, so I’ll skim over this.

What’s important is that you place your attention upon what you can control, to the degree that you can control anything. If you think anyone should do anything, look to yourself. The transmission is what you send out to the world. So, one thing you can work at controlling is your transmission to the world.

We have discussed the significance of your name before. Duality balancing into non-duality, and so on. Thus when the spheres of duality are balanced into stasis of opposing forces, stillness, this leads to the apparent contradiction of moving faster while remaining still.

But really, I see little incentive to proceed with meanings you fail to grasp.

(Just sorta teasing, since that’s your game. You seem like a decent chap, though the mere saying of that could be enough for you to prove me wrong. Never know what people are receiving from a clear, concise, and intelligent transmission.)

You see?
Non-reactionary.
Non-atheistic.

Did you get on board the Trump train yet?
As long as you 'believe' you're cute and witty that's all that matters, right?

"Sometimes I just don't have time for adult-children, and it's time to take a break."
Walker

Post by Walker »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:As long as you 'believe' you're cute and witty that's all that matters, right?

"Sometimes I just don't have time for adult-children, and it's time to take a break."
If it's not too elementary school ...

Ayn Rand said that God is Ego.

Ayn Rand was also an atheist.

What do you make of that?
SOB wrote:Protection-fear racket
I remember you liked that when you first read it, and now you've appropriated it into your lexicon.

Well done.

:D
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Walker wrote:

Not much, except she can incorrectly substitute one word for another, falsely equating them. God is not a synonym for ego in a standard dictionary.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dalek Prime wrote:
Walker wrote:

Not much, except she can incorrectly substitute one word for another, falsely equating them. God is not a synonym for ego in a standard dictionary.
Judging by her accomplishments, her level, or depth, or height, or degree, or totality of comprehension exceeds your own.

Human life-tip for the exterminating intent of all daleks attempting to pass as human:
If you care enough to write anything, make it worthwhile.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Walker wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:
Walker wrote:

Judging by her accomplishments, her level, or depth, or height, or degree, or totality of comprehension exceeds your own.

Human life-tip for the exterminating intent of all daleks attempting to pass as human:
If you care enough to write anything, make it worthwhile.
If you care enough about thought, address what I write, and don't compare me to anyone. Fact is, what I stated is correct. She substituted words.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dalek Prime wrote: If you care enough about thought, address what I write, and don't compare me to anyone. Fact is, what I stated is correct. She substituted words.
No need to compare you. You have limited comprehension. That addresses what you wrote.

I cannot comprehend for you.

Have a nice day.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Walker wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote: If you care enough about thought, address what I write, and don't compare me to anyone. Fact is, what I stated is correct. She substituted words.
No need to compare you. You have limited comprehension. That addresses what you wrote.

Have a nice day.
You can't comprehend for you. Have a better one.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dalek Prime wrote:
Walker wrote:

Have a nice day.
You can't comprehend for you. Have a better one.
That's cute but it doesn't make sense, and doesn't apply.

Essentially, in order to proceed, you are asking someone to comprehend for you.

I think you're just being a jerk.