Ayn Rand and Selfishness as a Virtue

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Ayn Rand and Selfishness as a Virtue

Post by Walker »

Why did Rand say, God = Ego.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

*** The following space is reserved for Walkers ego. ***
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Walker wrote:Why did Rand say, God = Ego.
Because she confused them as synonymous. Vacating God doesn't leave the job-space open.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dalek Prime wrote:
Because she confused them as synonymous.
Judging by her accomplishments, her level, or depth, or height, or degree, or totality of comprehension exceeds your own.

Human life-tip for the exterminating intent of all daleks attempting to pass as human:
If you care enough to write anything, make it worthwhile.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Walker wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:
Because she confused them as synonymous.
Judging by her accomplishments, her level, or depth, or height, or degree, or totality of comprehension exceeds your own.

Human life-tip for the exterminating intent of all daleks attempting to pass as human:
Actually, I'm right. She's wrong.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Dalek Prime wrote:*** The following space is reserved for Walkers ego. ***
Bump.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Ego.

Yeah. And you're the pro wrestler.

:lol:
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Walker wrote:Ego.

Yeah. And you're the pro wrestler.

:lol:
How does that make any sense? I've done many things in my life. It's called work. You know; a job? Ring any bells?

How's your time-wasting going, btw?
Walker

Post by Walker »

What was your ring name?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Walker wrote:What was your ring name?
Didn't have one. I trained to be a wrestler, as I've stated before. Because of my size, I was told no matter how good I was, they could only book me in Japan, or out west (BC), so I left to pursue other work.

So, why do you ask? Even if I did have one, I wouldn't tell you. That would be like giving you my real name, which I'm not going to do, as neither would you, considering you list nothing of yourself.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Walker wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:As long as you 'believe' you're cute and witty that's all that matters, right?

"Sometimes I just don't have time for adult-children, and it's time to take a break."
If it's not too elementary school ...

Ayn Rand said that God is Ego.

Ayn Rand was also an atheist.

What do you make of that?
Of course that she was a self serving lunatic, what else?

Sidebar: Of course the meaning of anyone's words can only actually be found in their mind alone. Any understanding of them, especially without back and forth exchange, can only be extrapolated based upon the readers life experiences, which can only ever be, relative to writers. So we often find what we want to find!

SOB wrote:Protection-fear racket
I remember you liked that when you first read it, and now you've appropriated it into your lexicon.
Wrong again as usual. I was just pointing out that you exemplified exactly that, which you used as a case, to demean others. (You exuded that which you used to fault others.) In other words you're a hypocrite, a fool, an ignoramus, etc, by your own admission!

The moral of the story? Often humans can only call into question that which they are all to familiar with, because they exemplify it, and have for so long and so completely. ;-)

Well done.
And by the way this little bit of yours only solidifies my point. It was all about your need to protect you out of fear of me. Protection fear racket, anyone? :lol:

:D
SpheresOfBalance

Walker wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:
Walker wrote:
Ayn Rand said that God is Ego.

Ayn Rand was also an atheist.

What do you make of that?
Not much, except she can incorrectly substitute one word for another, falsely equating them. God is not a synonym for ego in a standard dictionary.

Why? Because your particular understanding of her words, feeds your needs? You, like her, can't see past your own nose, such that you're obviously blind to the universal. The universe is not the child of you, rather you are a child of the universe; only one in 7 billion, virtually insignificant!
Walker

Post by Walker »

SOB my goodness. You don’t wear that tone well at all. It’s not you. You sound like Trump on a bad hair day. Keep that up and Santa will take you off the nice list and put you on the naughty list.

But forget about me. Why would Rand say that God is ego? What in the world are the implications of such a view. It is to wonder.

You do know that Rand was an atheist.
SpheresOfBalance

Walker wrote:SOB my goodness. You don’t wear that tone well at all. It’s not you. You sound like Trump on a bad hair day. Keep that up and Santa will take you off the nice list and put you on the naughty list.
Hey, I can have a bad day just like anyone else, does it really matter that these days most of mine are bad, hell no!

But forget about me. Why would Rand say that God is ego? What in the world are the implications of such a view. It is to wonder.
Sure, but did you comprehend my "sidebar" a couple posts up? You and I, and I'm sure many others, could sit around and debate the issue until the cows come home, but only she would be able to clarify. Of course in saying that, I'm going way out on a limb, giving her the benefit of doubt. ;-)

It would have been more proper to have asked, "Why 'could' have Rand said, "God is ego?"" Because I can surely speculate as to why she might say such, but not necessarily why she would.

You do know that Rand was an atheist.