Worst thing.

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dalek Prime

Re: Re:

Post by Dalek Prime »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:.

I'm getting sick of everyone here not understanding how this works, so I'm here one last time to say it, again, ad nauseum, like you have the wherewithal to get it...

Now get off my lawn, the lot of you.
When the whole world is telling you that you are wrong; you are either wrong or a genius.
Ahem!
I don't think you are a genius when you can't even answer a simple question: do you have children?
I didn't answer, because I've been working, and I've answered this question before. So again, no, I never had kids, and had a vasectomy at 22 years of age to ensure I never would. Before that, I avoided PIV.

Why do you ask? Because, whilst Henry looks after his lad, neither did he have children, and clearly we don't see eye to eye. Speaking of which, Henry also failed his stated imperative to create choice by not having kids himself. So clearly it's not an imperative to him, after all.

PS. I'm heading off on sabbatical, and won't be available for a while. So don't feel ignored.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"So clearly it's not an imperative to him, after all."

Actually, it's not...I just threw that out (in my fulla shit, brainless twit, way) to illustrate that protecting innocents from harm (which seems to the the foundation for your antinatalism) only makes sense if there's some one to actually protect, in the same way you can only offer choice to a person who actually exists.

You wanna protect ghosts from suffering...hell, less than ghosts....you wanna protect 'a twinklin' in the eye' from suffering that hasn't happened.

I may be a brainless, fulla shit, twit, but you're a Grade-A Loon.

And, no, I haven't made babies...never wanted one...took efforts to not make any...not because of some nonsense ethic but simply, practucallly, cuz I didn't want one.

I'm raising my nephew, for reasons I won't go into here...I love him more than any-one or -thing...quite natural, then, I step up to the plate and take 'uncling' seriously, consistently, for the loooong term, when needed.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Dalek Prime wrote: I never had kids, and had a vasectomy at 22 years of age to ensure I never would.
Seems a bit drastic. I would have thought your jolly attitude to existence was an effective prophylactic.
Dalek Prime

Re:

Post by Dalek Prime »

henry quirk wrote:"So clearly it's not an imperative to him, after all."

Actually, it's not...I just threw that out (in my fulla shit, brainless twit, way) to illustrate that protecting innocents from harm (which seems to the the foundation for your antinatalism) only makes sense if there's some one to actually protect, in the same way you can only offer choice to a person who actually exists. If you create a being, that being can be harmed. If you don't create a being, that potential for harm is absent.

You wanna protect ghosts from suffering...hell, less than ghosts....you wanna protect 'a twinklin' in the eye' from suffering that hasn't happened.

I may be a brainless, fulla shit, twit, but you're a Grade-A Loon. No, I just know what I'm talking about. You are still a brainless twit.

And, no, I haven't made babies...never wanted one...took efforts to not make any...not because of some nonsense ethic but simply, practucallly, cuz I didn't want one.

I'm raising my nephew, for reasons I won't go into here...I love him more than any-one or -thing...quite natural, then, I step up to the plate and take 'uncling' seriously, consistently, for the loooong term, when needed. I commend you in this.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

uwot wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote: I never had kids, and had a vasectomy at 22 years of age to ensure I never would.
Seems a bit drastic. I would have thought your jolly attitude to existence was an effective prophylactic.
How is having a vasectomy when I knew I didn't want to procreate 'drastic'? I would say it's responsible, compared to the alternatives of abortion, unwanted pregnancies, unwanted and abandoned children, or infanticide (which does occur in this world).

Are you saying that the alternatives are less drastic, uwot?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Wrote a response...not seein' a point to it any more 'cept to extend a pissin' match...deleted it...done with the thread.
Dalek Prime

Re: Worst thing.

Post by Dalek Prime »

henry quirk wrote:"How is having a vasectomy when I knew I didn't want to procreate 'drastic'?"

It's not...it's perfectly sensible.

But you can't or won''t stop there.

Everyone else has to walk your line, and that's what makes you a Loon. That's where you are incorrect. No one has to 'walk my line'. All I ask is for people to consider the consequenses of procreation beyond their narrow, default viewpoint of having them. Is that a terrible thing to ask? Not by Planned Parenthood's definition. Are they loons too? Is forethought and planning a 'looney' conept to you?

Thing is: you don't want babies (for whatever reason), so you don't have babies. No damned reason to explain it, or defend it, or justify it by way of cockeyed philosophy.

Just don't and stop lookin' for a pat on the back or the validation of the like-minded. Yet, oddly, you seek validation and a hero biscuit for doing the right thing and caring for your nephew, which you constantly flaunt.

Done wasted enough time on this dumb thread, so: 'nuff said I can do without the stupid assumptions you make as well. Thank you.
Dalek Prime

Re:

Post by Dalek Prime »

henry quirk wrote:Wrote a response...not seein' a point to it any more 'cept to extend a pissin' match...deleted it...done with the thread.
Too late. Should have thought of that before you 'created' the post. Sound familiar? QED.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Okay then. See you all in the fall. Have a great summer (or winter, in Australia).
uwot

Post by uwot »

Dalek Prime wrote:How is having a vasectomy when I knew I didn't want to procreate 'drastic'?
I'm surprised it was necessary. Given the way you interact with people, I imagine your opportunities to risk impregnation are limited.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

uwot wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:How is having a vasectomy when I knew I didn't want to procreate 'drastic'?
I'm surprised it was necessary. Given the way you interact with people, I imagine your opportunities to risk impregnation are limited.
You mean, 'Given the way I interact with "aggressively stupid strangers" on an anonymous forum' who would rather close their minds than ask reasonable questions, or have reasonable dialogue about a philosophical issue on a philosophy forum? Yes. Clearly that is no different than dealing with women, in real life, who are not being willfully ignorant and annoying, or don't answer direct questions, as I posed to you.

Besides that, I'm not trying to date anyone here. Now, I have a flight to catch. Save your turd remarks for fall.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Dalek Prime wrote:...direct questions, as I posed to you.
That's just what happens, people ignore difficult questions and blab on with their own agenda. It's why we hate politicians. On the scale of this forum, it is quite common to see two or more people whinging that their interlocutor won't answer a question.
I try to answer all questions that are directed specifically at me. If I have missed one, I apologise, by all means ask again. While I consider my answer, perhaps you could give some thought to my objections that antinatalism is futile, because even if every human agreed, consciousness would probably evolve in some other species. And secondly, whilst in the long run the fact that there is no one to suffer will lead to less suffering, the people at the end of the line will suffer distressing, lonely, often painful deaths, in a world without power, or communications.
Antinatalism is your choice. It isn't for everyone.
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

uwot wrote: consciousness would probably evolve in some other species.
Are you suggesting that it hasn't? My dog would take a different view and might even be inclined to bite you in order to reinforce it.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Obvious Leo wrote:
uwot wrote: consciousness would probably evolve in some other species.
Are you suggesting that it hasn't? My dog would take a different view and might even be inclined to bite you in order to reinforce it.
I'm not even convinced it has evolved in some humans.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dalek Prime wrote:
uwot wrote:
You mean, 'Given the way I interact with "aggressively stupid strangers" on an anonymous forum' who would rather close their minds than ask reasonable questions, or have reasonable dialogue about a philosophical issue on a philosophy forum? Yes. Clearly that is no different than dealing with women, in real life, who are not being willfully ignorant and annoying, or don't answer direct questions, as I posed to you.

Besides that, I'm not trying to date anyone here. Now, I have a flight to catch. Save your turd remarks for fall.
Nice exit bro - this place is getting twatty - batty with a lack of decent seamen.