Why not just go all the way, Leo, and say NO?

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

FrankGSterleJr

Why not just go all the way, Leo, and say NO?

Post by FrankGSterleJr »

What did Leonardo DiCaprio have to say about having children?

Known to have one of the most private personal lives in Hollywood, Leonardo DiCaprio has opened up about his feelings on becoming a father, saying: “If it happens, it happens.”
The Shutter Island actor, who scooped his third Golden Globes award, has kept fans guessing on whether he plans to have children one day. After splitting from model girlfriend Kelly Rohrbach, Rolling Stone magazine quizzed the 41-year-old on any future family plans he may have.
“Do you mean do I want to bring children into a world like this?” the environmental activist told the magazine. “If it happens, it happens. I’d prefer not to get into specifics about it, just because then it becomes something that is misquoted.
“But, yeah. I don’t know,” he added. “To articulate how I feel about it is just [going to] be misunderstood.”

January 12, 2016, hellomagazine.com

Quite refreshing—although he did skillfully avoid actually saying what he truly feels. He’s a very famous and exceptionally talented actor who’s actually both thinking ahead and beyond the so-typical narrow human-individual scope of consideration towards other potential fully sentient human beings that he can procreate. Hmm. Perhaps there’s a connection between such unconventionality on his part and his as-of-yet Oscar-less career, despite great works such as his very convincing role in What’s Eating Gilbert Grape (for which he was nominated for an Oscar)? Nah, that’s going just a bit too far.
Dalek Prime

Re: Why not just go all the way, Leo, and say NO?

Post by Dalek Prime »

"If it happens, it happens"? Wow, some thought about bringing others into this crap without their consent. Typical unthinking potential parent, on the biggest question of existence itself. What a twat! And you admire this, Frank?
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Who cares what he says. Also, a few politically correct speeches on the environment doesn't make you an environmentalist.

How about some serious philosophical discussions like prove God doesn't exist...or does. Whatever! Or how about, Freewill is making me agoraphobic. How do I get rid of it?
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

Dubious wrote:Who cares what he says.
That's what I was wondering. As it happens I agree that he's a fine actor but I fail to see how this somehow elevates the value of his opinion on the subject of the ethics of parenting. Neither would his name instantly spring to mind if I was seeking advice on how best to prune my fuchsias.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Obvious Leo wrote:
That's what I was wondering. As it happens I agree that he's a fine actor but I fail to see how this somehow elevates the value of his opinion on the subject of the ethics of parenting. Neither would his name instantly spring to mind if I was seeking advice on how best to prune my fuchsias.
Weird. I just asked him about fuchsias. Frickin' scholar on the subject. :lol:
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Dalek Prime wrote:
Obvious Leo wrote:
Weird. I just asked him about fuchsias. Frickin' scholar on the subject. :lol:
If he's such a scholar, what did he say? And on which one is he an expert?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

We've had this discussion of misunderstood humour, doc. Stop taking everything I say so seriously.
hajrafradi

Post by hajrafradi »

(Essential diCaprio:) "Kids: when it comes to kids, just say "NO"."

Misquotes (potential and/or imaginary):

"DiCaprio was offered a bite of kid (goat meat), but he refused."

"DiCaprio can't tell the difference between snow, junk, ganja, splirz, shchufel, mantrix, and leppard, and children."

"According to DiCaprio, kids are the new evil."

"Making children is not any different from making love." - DiCaprio, on procreation.

"I am a big turtle." - DiCaprio.

"You and I are yesterday's answers." DiCaprio hums an old Emerson, Lake, and Palmer tune.

DiCaprio: "Making children these days does nothing but speeds up (accelerates -- the editor) the general entropy of the world. Not making children is selfish. Making children is even more selfish. Want to be unselfish? Ask your parents to abort you before you are born. Doing it the other way around does not work."

ETC.