Has Your Life Been Worth It?

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: Has Your Life Been Worth It?

Post by Lacewing »

TSBU wrote:it's obvious tht you think that I'm saying this as a form of escapism.
Actually I thought you were trying to be cleverly mysterious... in that you chose to say what you did, when you could have easily said nothing. So I was pressing that to see what else you might say.
TSBU wrote: You think that I'm not happy, or I'm "less happy than manypeople"
I had no conclusions about you. I was simply responding to what you said.
TSBU wrote:and you feel, seeing how you post it, better with yourself trying to show that to me. Creepy isn't it?
What's creepy is that you imagine all of this.

We all challenge or explore what each other says here. That's all we have to go on. All of this imagination about what I feel and what I'm trying to do is a projection from you.
TSBU wrote:What about you, are you happier than me, and you need to show it in a forum to a stranger? That makes you feel good with yourself?
Umm... you're going off.
TSBU wrote:Even if it were true, if I posted that because I was depressed, what would you want by posting it? It's obvious that your statement wouldn't help.
Am I supposed to alter my response based on a person's state of mind? If they are coming here, are they not choosing to engage on an equal playing field?
TSBU wrote:What do you know about me? Do you know if I have cancer? Do you know if I lived in a country in war were I lost all the people I loved? Etc.
Why would any of that matter? We're on a forum... and we respond to what each other says (or in some cases, what they omit from what they say).
TSBU wrote:Nah, all that matter is how you feel "now", cause that's obvoiusly what makes you answer this question, you look at the past, and you make estimations about it, you look at your goals... with the eye of this moment. But that's anoyingly stupid, I live now, do you get it?
What are you talking about? You're making all of this up. It might help if you answer the question you put to me: What do you know about me? How are you coming up with all of this?
TSBU wrote:I don't care about looking at the past,and I generaly have goals to accomplish, that's what makes sense to me. So, has my life been worth it? Who cares? I'll answer when I finish my next goal...
Ah, here's the expansion to your original response! :D So, my question: why will you feel any differently at that point, than you do now? Won't you say the same thing then? This is not about your happiness... it's about your focus. It's about how you frame things... which is what we talk about in philosophy, right?
TSBU wrote:or I'll keep doing things, instead of stoping, start looking to the past, and look for "unhappier people" to say them that I'm "more whole than them".
And maybe you'll discover how to stop projecting your feelings/attitudes/fears onto other people too? :| I really feel sorry if this is what you think is being done to you... but I can assure you that this is not at all my intent. I truly seek expansion for all of us. I do not seek to climb on top of... I seek to connect and inspire. I challenge myself the same way I challenge others. We all have the same capabilities for better or worse.
TSBU wrote:You have better things to do, don't you?
You clearly don't know where I'm coming from. There are MORE WAYS TO BE than any of us can imagine. I'm sorry to have offended or upset you with my approach. I poked you because of what you said... and you roared back at me. It has been an interesting exchange. Thank you.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

too long and tedious to answer with quotes.

1.And you were wrong. Also, my posts are not for you, it's not my problem if you find them misterious or you don't understand them.
2. To what you think I've said, language is ambiguous, if we don't understand each other, it's not always the other person fault.
3. For ya, flowapowa. And I think you are... prohecting a projection? really, don't you have something better to do?
4. What's going on?
5. Of course you should alter your response based in a person's state of mind.
6. If you don't understand that, as I said, and, always, in my eyes, you have a sad psychology, I'm not saying that you are a sad person, I find sad your psichology, like a painting.
7. I know that you keep talking to me asuming that you are right and I'm wrong since the begining, with passive agresivve attitude, to a post saying "I'll answer in one year", 7 words. I know that I don't know it all, and I know that there is no sense in keep talking.
8. Ehm... I'll answer one of this days...
9. No.
10. whateva, enough then.
Last edited by TSBU on Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

Looking back upon yourself - Why?

"IT"
What is "IT"

Worth what exactly? It's so often the question of a fool to ask about"IT" when it is clear he has no question to ask.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

A life. Has Your Life Been Worth the Life?

Now that you better understand the question you may begin to formulate an answer...

osgart

Post by osgart »

thats what people do here they throw plastic darts at everybodys sincerity.
As for me i chose to live forever instead of ceasing to exist and in that way its been a valuable learning experience. In ceasing to exist its been joy in a hellish nightmare.
I have found my soul and for that im eternally thankful.
I believe i have experienced this existence sufficiently. I see what it is and feel fortunate enough to have the joys i do have and see the successes i have seen. Very little to regret. Small stuff. My closet is clean.
Remember in this life you create yourself in the volition of your own hearts truest loves and cares. And for the sake of true love thats the truest , its worth it all. So there none of us have any excuses.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.
WTF?!?
I start a deeply philosophical tread that cuts right to the heart of our existence & you respond in this way?
Deeply philosophical? The question is really rather vague, it's the sort of question you would ask at a bar, while ordering another beer. But then Bill's philosophy comes out of a bottle.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

It's beginning to be worth it, or at least tolerable, now that I've accepted who I am.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dalek Prime wrote:It's beginning to be worth it, or at least tolerable, now that I've accepted who I am.
Do you think this partly explains why you've been so crabby... or do you expect that to continue? 8)
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Lacewing wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:It's beginning to be worth it, or at least tolerable, now that I've accepted who I am.
Do you think this partly explains why you've been so crabby... or do you expect that to continue? 8)
I'm a fucking sweetheart now... :lol: