Muslims/Mexicans Are Taking Over

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

GreatandWiseTrixie

Re: Muslims/Mexicans Are Taking Over

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

-1- wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:04 pm
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:56 am
-1- wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:41 am

that ought not to discourage you. Every writer's every piece is hated by some critic. Negative criticism is a force in the literary universe, that can't be avoided, and must be learned how to deal with, therefore.
But negative criticism isn't constructive, nothing I can gain from it.
Well, emotionally, no. It is negative reinforcement. It saps your creative juices.

But I listened to a lot of negative criticism, and the critics were right 88% of the time. If someone says "this is a piece of crap", then that critic is crap. But if a critic says to me, "your sentences are alike... they each have the same structure, it drove me bonkers after a while", then I know how to improve, and when another critic says "show, don't tell," that's another famous piece of advice I now follow.
Yeah but I mean, these critics are just giving me negative reviews without any explanation.
-1-

Post by -1- »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:15 pm
-1- wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:04 pm
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:56 am

But negative criticism isn't constructive, nothing I can gain from it.
Well, emotionally, no. It is negative reinforcement. It saps your creative juices.

But I listened to a lot of negative criticism, and the critics were right 88% of the time. If someone says "this is a piece of crap", then that critic is crap. But if a critic says to me, "your sentences are alike... they each have the same structure, it drove me bonkers after a while", then I know how to improve, and when another critic says "show, don't tell," that's another famous piece of advice I now follow.
Yeah but I mean, these critics are just giving me negative reviews without any explanation.
Ya, that sucks.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Seleucus wrote:Didn't know this question was so important to you? Yes, I will argue that any citizen in good standing should be entitled to adopt an orphan of that country.
:lol:
So no adoption from abroad then, what a surprise!
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Arising_uk wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:55 am
Seleucus wrote:Didn't know this question was so important to you? Yes, I will argue that any citizen in good standing should be entitled to adopt an orphan of that country.
:lol:
So no adoption from abroad then, what a surprise!
No, that's fine as long as it is you're peoples who are doing the adopting and not having your nations' children robbed from you.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Seleucus wrote:No, that's fine as long as it is you're peoples who are doing the adopting and not having your nations' children robbed from you.
So happy with the liberal adopting non-white babies then?

Adopting those older than babies okay as well?
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Arising_uk wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:26 pm
Seleucus wrote:No, that's fine as long as it is you're peoples who are doing the adopting and not having your nations' children robbed from you.
So happy with the liberal adopting non-white babies then?

Adopting those older than babies okay as well?
It's a matter of great importance so we need to require responsibility of people, we would expect people to meet the highest levels of appropriateness regardless of their sexuality or political orientation.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Seleucus wrote:...
highest levels of appropriateness ...
This being?
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:22 pm
Seleucus wrote:...
highest levels of appropriateness ...
This being?
If they do wrong their children are taken from them by family services and they are imprisoned by the courts. If someone is already granted citizenship then they get all the rights and responsibilities of citizens no matter what their politics might be. The issue is keeping millions of especially 3rd World people out and limiting the extension of enfranchisement of political power. I oppose stripping citizenship, once you're part of the family (/gang) you're in for life.