Race versus culture

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Belinda

Re: Race versus culture

Post by Belinda »

Seleucus wrote:
As far as the topic of integration goes, marriage is a strong assimilator. But peoples who resist marriage with, say Britons, like Muslims and many coloreds, will therefore not have that pathway to identity shifting.
Things are changing with regard to marriage between people with different coloured skins, especially for educated people and rich people. Sexual alliances to, or friendships with, who was traditionally thought of persons with inferior, more pigmented, skin tone don't bother elites.

If you, Seleucus, had to live with your slightly more blackavised wife in the South of the USA you would be taking a risk for her and yourself. In fact, all you had to do was bend your knee to a foreign creed .In this modern age where faith has largely disappeared it's not difficult to be pragmatic about medieval creeds.
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Belinda wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:05 amBTW 'cultures' ,in this connection, means what is learned and is conserved from one generation to the next by way of learning and social communication, but not conserved genetically.
It's not so easily spliced, look how male pattern baldness, facial hair, and greying are genetic elements controlled by social meaning. Sexual selection will also be an example of a genetic-culture feedback loop.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Seleucus wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:56 pm
Belinda wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:05 amBTW 'cultures' ,in this connection, means what is learned and is conserved from one generation to the next by way of learning and social communication, but not conserved genetically.
It's not so easily spliced, look how male pattern baldness, facial hair, and greying are genetic elements controlled by social meaning. Sexual selection will also be an example of a genetic-culture feedback loop.
True, symbols such as greying hair are arbitrarily chosen. Cultural symbols do persist from generation to generation.Wiser adults in effect tell their children that persons are not the same as symbols.

For instance during WW11 British people regarded Germans as the enemy. German nationality was symbolic of enemy. Wise adults would tell their children "There are some good Germans".
davidm

Post by davidm »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:35 pm True. I believe beatings should be legalized. People are too self-confident, they believe their shit don't stink, and people need to get beat. Modern kids aren't raised right, never learn any respect, so they just go on Facebook treating people with disrespect.
The difference between whites beating their kids and blacks is whites have a nurturing side. After the white spanks their kid they go about their business as normal, eating breakfast. A white says "This hurts me more than it hurts you." But when a black, masculine woman spanks their kid, she humiliates them, and it doesn't feel nurturing it feels sadistic. She says "This hurts you more than it hurts me."

Second spanking is good because it instills a sadomasochistic sense in a person. I know a submale who lusts after women's high heels. But he is in many ways, an alpha male. Many bullies also are deep down, sadomasochists.
:lol:

Reading over this trash, I just cannot ... I mean ... here, blacks are characterized as "coloreds" again, as they were in 1960 ... sub-Saharans are "dumb" ... I don't even feel like going over the list. It is nauseating. Yet all this is acceptable here.

Yet the evolution thread ... which contained tons of scientific info about how evolution works (almost all of it by me) is ... LOCKED???

This is probably why ya'll have about two people at a time posting here! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Davidm, Trixie is such poor writer that she's unlikely to influence anybody.
davidm

Post by davidm »

Belinda wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:59 pm Davidm, Trixie is such poor writer that she's unlikely to influence anybody.
That isn't the point. The point is that a brilliantly informative thread (thanks mostly to me) is LOCKED, and this and other racist, misogynist, bigoted TRASH is given free and unlocked rein!

Wow! This is a philosophy forum?

Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

davidm wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:09 pm
Belinda wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:59 pm Davidm, Trixie is such poor writer that she's unlikely to influence anybody.
That isn't the point. The point is that a brilliantly informative thread (thanks mostly to me) is LOCKED, and this and other racist, misogynist, bigoted TRASH is given free and unlocked rein!

Well I really don't know davidm, but from what I saw of your writing in this discussion, abusiveness and very poor quality sourcing are the obvious issues. So I clicked on that evolution discussion, page 61, and the first thing I see is yourself claiming there are about "18" pidgin languages, which puts you off by about a factor of like 1000, and you calling someone a "moron", so...
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Belinda wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:23 pm
Seleucus wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:56 pm
True, symbols such as greying hair are arbitrarily chosen.
Arbitrary? You don't guess that grey hair, a beard, and balding indicate degrees of seniority? (Baldness particularly, and fullness of beard too a degree, are Caucasian traits.) So culture is actually driving genetics.
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Belinda wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:59 pmDavidm, Trixie is such poor writer that she's unlikely to influence anybody.
If Trixie is indeed a rightist trans person that isn't so rare, there's a few with very popular YouTube channels,

Blair White: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDmCBK ... qgsL4-3C8Q

Theryn Meyer: https://www.youtube.com/user/DominoDiaeresis
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Seleucus wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:13 am
Belinda wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:23 pm
Seleucus wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:56 pm It's not so easily spliced, look how male pattern baldness, facial hair, and greying are genetic elements controlled by social meaning. Sexual selection will also be an example of a genetic-culture feedback loop.
True, symbols such as greying hair are arbitrarily chosen.
Arbitrary? You don't guess that grey hair, a beard, and balding indicate degrees of seniority? (Baldness particularly, and fullness of beard too a degree, are Caucasian traits.) So culture is actually driving genetics.
The reference was to symbols not signs. Thus the old man with a beard up in the sky was for long a symbol for God which actually figured as symbol on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.

There is evidence from speech and from English and Scottish literature that dark complexioned individuals symbolised the unruly and the Romantic. It's an error to mistake symbol for sign.
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Belinda wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:58 am
Seleucus wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:13 am
Belinda wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:23 pm True, symbols such as greying hair are arbitrarily chosen.
The reference was to symbols not signs. Thus the old man with a beard up in the sky was for long a symbol for God which actually figured as symbol on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.

There is evidence from speech and from English and Scottish literature that dark complexioned individuals symbolised the unruly and the Romantic. It's an error to mistake symbol for sign.
You're gonna have to fill me in on what thinker or tradition or work you're taking your distinction between sign and symbol from...
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Raymond Firth on symbols, signs, and signals.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

davidm wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:09 pm

I wish that you would simply start another thread on the worthy topic and include your own your input. Believe me, it's not wasted. I made my awfully well- informed son read some of it and he immediately endorsed you.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

davidm wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:53 pm :lol:

Reading over this trash, I just cannot ... I mean ... here, blacks are characterized as "coloreds" again, as they were in 1960 ... sub-Saharans are "dumb" ... I don't even feel like going over the list. It is nauseating. Yet all this is acceptable here.

Yet the evolution thread ... which contained tons of scientific info about how evolution works (almost all of it by me) is ... LOCKED???

This is probably why ya'll have about two people at a time posting here! :lol: :lol: :lol:
My guess is that your thread was locked because you attack everyone and have a rude, hysterical attitude with excessive punctuation.
What thread was this exactly?

Also the second reason is that you seem to ignore reality and have very little experience around black women. Being half-black, I have become deeply acquainted with the differences between how the races behave. But you can pretend to ignore my reality as if it doesn't exist. Like I have literally given you facts that in Africa they stone homosexuals to death, and a picture showing Africa has a lower IQ, but this is just ignored by you. Philosophy is the seeking of truth, you just seem to seek hysteria.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Seleucus wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:17 am
Belinda wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:59 pmDavidm, Trixie is such poor writer that she's unlikely to influence anybody.
If Trixie is indeed a rightist trans person that isn't so rare, there's a few with very popular YouTube channels,

Blair White: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDmCBK ... qgsL4-3C8Q

Theryn Meyer: https://www.youtube.com/user/DominoDiaeresis
I'm not a rightist, I am a middle-ist, a bit of all 3, left, right and liberal. I just don't like most liberals and democrats because they are illogical and stupid. But thanks for the support I guess.