Race versus culture

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Seleucus

Re: Race versus culture

Post by Seleucus »

Arising_uk wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:04 am
You're the one posting bullshit over and over, you have an endless supply of bullshit, some of this you even admit to, yet you going on like a rude insulting SJW kind of hypersensitive asshole. ...
No idea what an SJW is? Some kind of interweeble term?
This senile old grandpa is still always on and on about the Nazis, of course he doesn't know what an SJW is or how to use the interweeble to look it up either.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Seleucus wrote:This senile old grandpa is still always on and on about the Nazis, of course he doesn't know what an SJW is or how to use the interweeble to look it up either.
Is that how you neo-nazis respect your elders? Nice.

It's the interweeb and you're an interweeble and since we're on a forum for talking I prefer to ask people for an explanation for their acronyms rather than goggle it.

I don't go on about the Nazi but are you saying you're not a neo-nazi and are not propagandising their ideas?
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Arising_uk wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:39 pmIt's the interweeb and you're an interweeble and since we're on a forum for talking I prefer to ask people for an explanation for their acronyms rather than goggle it.
The term has become widely used today to the point that there is a wiki page on it,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_justice_warrior

These are a couple of the related concepts you should also know to be up with the times,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regressive_left
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtue_signalling
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowflake_(slang)

Anyway, don't feel too bad Gramps, even I was out of the loop too until the middle of 2016 when I stumbled on some YouTube videos about the new right and these new terms.
I don't go on about the Nazi but are you saying you're not a neo-nazi and are not propagandising their ideas?
If you're going to go back that far and use a word that shoddily fit then I suppose that makes you a neo-Lenenist, or better a neo-Jacobite or neo-Disestablishmentarian.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Seleucus wrote:
Anyway, don't feel too bad Gramps, even I was out of the loop too until the middle of 2016 when I stumbled on some YouTube videos about the new right and these new terms.
There are old people still alive today who can tell you that "new right" is not new and that it was shite the last time round.
There is a serious problem on Philosophy Now discussions of people getting their info from inadequate sources.
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Belinda wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:06 pm Seleucus wrote:
There are old people still alive today who can tell you that "new right" is not new and that it was shite the last time round.
There is a serious problem on Philosophy Now discussions of people getting their info from inadequate sources.
Just link to the better one...

(I'll get back to you on the Raymond Firth stuff ASAP...)
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Seleucus wrote:
You Tube is not it. How can you expect me to provide any link unless you tell me what info you seek? Usually you need to go to the impartial media or impartial academic sites usually denoted by ac, or ed.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Arising_uk wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:04 am
Look its like this. There's a correlation between brain size and IQ. But its not a perfect correlation, because IQ tests are flawed and not accurate measures of IQ. But there was a reason why Inuits scored 91 on IQs, and Subsharans scored 61. Both are tribal societies with poor education standards.

Look I'm open minded and scientific, if you were to set up an actual test I would support it. Let's make some kind of bubble utopia. Put 1000 black babies in one utopia, and put 1000 white babies in another utopia. Lets wait a few years for their scientific achievement. My money is on the whites. Do you really, really believe in your balls, that blacks are every bit as intelligent as whites? I mean, how sure are you? Would you bet money on this?

Second, the reason I don't have a relationship with a black woman, is not some "fault" of mine as you put the term. Black women tend to be racist against interracials, and love the stupid. I actually tried my best with black women, but they always go for, stupid uneducated black males. The stupider, loudmouthed and rude a black male is, the more often he gets laid. But yeah, blame it on me, for being too white. If anyone's the racist, its you, you're racist of outsiders and interracials. And you're racist for saying blacks can't be racist.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Look its like this. There's a correlation between brain size and IQ. But its not a perfect correlation, because IQ tests are flawed and not accurate measures of IQ. But there was a reason why Inuits scored 91 on IQs, and Subsharans scored 61. Both are tribal societies with poor education standards. ...
So we agree, IQ is largely dependent upon education.
Look I'm open minded and scientific, if you were to set up an actual test I would support it. Let's make some kind of bubble utopia. Put 1000 black babies in one utopia, and put 1000 white babies in another utopia. Lets wait a few years for their scientific achievement. My money is on the whites. Do you really, really believe in your balls, that blacks are every bit as intelligent as whites? I mean, how sure are you? Would you bet money on this?
I have no idea what you mean by 'scientific achievement' in this case but yes, as long as the utopias are equivalent.
Second, the reason I don't have a relationship with a black woman, is not some "fault" of mine as you put the term. ...
Who was talking about your relationships with black women? I was talking about your relationships with any woman.
Black women tend to be racist against interracials, and love the stupid. I actually tried my best with black women, but they always go for, stupid uneducated black males. The stupider, loudmouthed and rude a black male is, the more often he gets laid. But yeah, blame it on me, for being too white. If anyone's the racist, its you, you're racist of outsiders and interracials. And you're racist for saying blacks can't be racist. ...
I do not say black, brown, white, yellow, etc, people can't be racist? Any arse can be a racist.

You are once again talking about your experience with American black women and more than likely poor ones not black women per se. Why can I say this? Because the black women I've met over here are not as you describe, some may be of course, but it's not a racial trait. It's taken a while but over here it's reasonably common to now see black girls with white boys something I presume is unheard of over there?
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Second, the reason I don't have a relationship with a black woman, is not some "fault" of mine as you put the term. ...
Who was talking about your relationships with black women? I was talking about your relationships with any woman.
Black women tend to be racist against interracials, and love the stupid. I actually tried my best with black women, but they always go for, stupid uneducated black males. The stupider, loudmouthed and rude a black male is, the more often he gets laid. But yeah, blame it on me, for being too white. If anyone's the racist, its you, you're racist of outsiders and interracials. And you're racist for saying blacks can't be racist. ...
I do not say black, brown, white, yellow, etc, people can't be racist? Any arse can be a racist.
Well all the white women here are racial purists, they only want to have sex with pure whites or pure blacks. Interracials like me are always discarded, like Eliot Rodgers.
This is why if I was world ruler, I'd sterilize all white women for being racist, but I'd sterilize black women for being both racist and stupid.
You are once again talking about your experience with American black women and more than likely poor ones not black women per se. Why can I say this? Because the black women I've met over here are not as you describe, some may be of course, but it's not a racial trait. It's taken a while but over here it's reasonably common to now see black girls with white boys something I presume is unheard of over there?
So you say you live in a majority black town, can you describe it in detail please? I want to know if it's as good as a white town.
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

We consider this "transracial" American who drives a tuktuk and identifies as a Filipino somewhere between eccentric and mentally ill,

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/11/ ... -filipino/

Yet we would expect Filipinos or any other foreign peoples who come to America to identify as Americans? Integration and assimilation will never happen.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Well all the white women here are racial purists, they only want to have sex with pure whites or pure blacks. Interracials like me are always discarded, like Eliot Rodgers. ...
What a strange country you live in. Over here we have about 2% of mixed-race people and they seem to find partners just fine.
This is why if I was world ruler, I'd sterilize all white women for being racist, but I'd sterilize black women for being both racist and stupid. ...
You mean if you were ruler of America as that is what you are describing and it's also why you'll never have a relationship.
So you say you live in a majority black town, can you describe it in detail please? I want to know if it's as good as a white town.
No I didn't say that, as as I told you there is pretty much no such thing as a majority black town in the UK. There are a couple of towns where the Pakistani community is in the majority and there are definite tensions as due to their religion and previous culture they don't tend to intermarry, that and that there are pretty much no whites there as they moved away during the recessions and due to racism but I also know where there are more mixed communities there is inter-marriage. Outside of the cities the UK is predominately white and currently the percentage of all non-whites is about 12%.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:53 pm
Hobbes' Choice wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:06 pm Race is meaningless.
There is only culture.
You can bring up baby into any culture seamlessly. The fact that s/he might look a little different might affect the outcome negatively - but only if people in the culture believe that race is a valid category. And so we see competent, intelligent and successful black people in the USA whose only problem is racist bigots trying to undermine them, when such bigots are their inferiors in many respects.
In the TV show Eureka there is only 1 black genius in the entire town.

But in America there are four black geniuses.
The man who invented peanut butter. The woman who invented the hair dryer. A woman who was an engineer at NASA. And another woman astronaut.

Apparently female blacks are more masculine than male blacks.

But let's pretend all races are the same and that Genes and Genetics are evil/taboo/don't exist.

Lets compare this with white geniuses.
Bill Gates, inventor of the Windows. John Carmack, pioneer of efficient BSP technology to make 3D FPS games. The Frenchman who invented the automobile. The white man who invented the computer. The white woman who discovered DNA. Marie Curie, a white woman, who pioneered biology. The white man who invented the rocket engine. Wilbur and Orville Wright who invented the airplane. Leonardo Davinci. Michealangelo. Genesis, an all white band. Mozart. Tchaikovsky. Nikola Tesla.
I can keep going.

I close my eyes to reality. I ignore reality, say that all statistics are fake/irrelevant and that it doesn't matter. I sing the song of equality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5hQb_71qLk

Fuck off you stupid racist ****.
It's hard to be a genius when you are in chains you fucking moron.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:53 pm
But in America there are four black geniuses.
The man who invented peanut butter. The woman who invented the hair dryer. A woman who was an engineer at NASA. And another woman astronaut.

Apparently female blacks are more masculine than male blacks.

But let's pretend all races are the same and that Genes and Genetics are evil/taboo/don't exist.

Lets compare this with white geniuses.
Bill Gates, inventor of the Windows. John Carmack, pioneer of efficient BSP technology to make 3D FPS games. The Frenchman who invented the automobile. The white man who invented the computer. The white woman who discovered DNA. Marie Curie, a white woman, who pioneered biology. The white man who invented the rocket engine. Wilbur and Orville Wright who invented the airplane. Leonardo Davinci. Michealangelo. Genesis, an all white band. Mozart. Tchaikovsky. Nikola Tesla.
I can keep going.
It goes without saying your comparison is absurd. Any such determination, which includes women as well as blacks, can only be made on a level playing field which history has denied. If conditions were reversed with blacks enslaving whites denying them freedom, literacy or access to education what do you think would be the outcome? There are enough brain fiascos among whites in society right now to make your conclusion highly questionable.
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:03 amFuck off you stupid racist ****.
It's hard to be a genius when you are in chains you fucking moron.
Extensive research and arguments of both sides of this debate. Requires considerable endurance and erudition to be able to say something meaningful on this.
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Belinda wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:44 pm Seleucus wrote:
You Tube is not it. How can you expect me to provide any link unless you tell me what info you seek? Usually you need to go to the impartial media or impartial academic sites usually denoted by ac, or ed.
Okay so Raymond Firth used the distinctions he borrowed from Peirce, not sign versus symbol but sign, icon and index. So grey hair and beard and balding are going to be probably either sign or index depending how you look at it, either it's arbitrary like a sign, or else one thing leads like a trigger or causally and so an index.

For this discussion a few things might be interesting, for one baldness is a trait of Caucasians primarily, though it does occur less often in other demographics. A full and heavy beard is less common in the East, even impossible for some. It's very possible that this isn't coincidence but the result of cultural influence on genetics.

And then related to that, from Barth, Western culture isn't an expression of White genes, it's the other way around, Whiteness is one of the items in the bundle of Western culture. Or, Asian appearance is an element of the culture and art and lore. This is important since racists tend to see culture as an cybernetically evolved expression of a genetic inheritance, but instead it might be just the other way around, Caucasianess is an expression of Western culture.