Is there such a thing as a merciful death?

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

thedoc

Re: Is there such a thing as a merciful death?

Post by thedoc »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:10 am
thedoc wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:52 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:32 pm So you are saying that there are lots of innocent people who use plea bargains to escape death? That's so much better.
No, there are lots of innocent people who are just let go because they have not committed a crime, when you listen to a comedian you need to remember they are saying ridiculous things just to be funny, perhaps you just don't recognize funny when you see or hear it.
Right. Hilarious. I'll try to remember you are a comedian.
I just wish I could say as many ridiculous things as you do.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

thedoc wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:46 am

No, there are lots of innocent people who are just let go because they have not committed a crime, when you listen to a comedian you need to remember they are saying ridiculous things just to be funny, perhaps you just don't recognize funny when you see or hear it.
I like her pretense at philosophy. That's part of what I find so amusing about her.

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

thedoc wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:46 am

:lol: :lol: Too much. I'm so glad you told me you are a comedian.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:05 am :lol: :lol: Too much. I'm so glad you told me you are a comedian.
I'm glad you find my posts so amusing.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:04 am I like her pretense at philosophy. That's part of what I find so amusing about her.

PhilX
Perhaps everything she posts is a lie, she is just posting outrageous comments to get a rise out of the members she's directing the comments at.

Some members just join a forum to pick a fight and VT doesn't seem to care who she fights with or what she fights about.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

thedoc wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:14 am
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:04 am I like her pretense at philosophy. That's part of what I find so amusing about her.

PhilX
Perhaps everything she posts is a lie, she is just posting outrageous comments to get a rise out of the members she's directing the comments at.

Some members just join a forum to pick a fight and VT doesn't seem to care who she fights with or what she fights about.
I don't like fighting. I just get frustrated with pond-sludge like you and PE. It's depressing to know that you are out there.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:32 am
thedoc wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:14 am

PhilX

I don't like fighting. I just get frustrated with pond-sludge like you and PE. It's depressing to know that you are out there.
I believe you doc when you say that 🇺🇸 VT 🇺🇸 likes to fight (more than the US). Sometimes it seems that's all she lives for, especially when she doesn't use philosophy to put any oomph into her inflated ideas.

PhilX 🇺🇸
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:32 am I just get frustrated, It's depressing to know that you are out there.
If you don't like the program, change the channel.
Walker

Post by Walker »

commonsense wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:26 pm Is euthanasia ethical, not ethical, ethical under certain circumstances or not a topic for ethics at all? What about physician-assisted suicide or a physician's role in execution by lethal injection? Do you have personal experience in this area?
Netherlands and Belgium are Euthanizing Mentally Ill Patients and Harvesting Their Organs
http://www.lifenews.com/2017/08/09/neth ... ir-organs/

Next, some clever legislator building a resume will outlaw cremations, supplanting the 19th century fear of awakening in a coffin with the fear of awakening on the vivisection table.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

thedoc wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:01 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:32 am I just get frustrated, It's depressing to know that you are out there.
If you don't like the program, change the channel.
But, Doc, when people have to share a morality which is sufficiently agreeable to all it is necessary for individuals to know that there are major disagreements. That some individuals cannot see reason is a major cause for concern for everybody.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

There is such a thing as a merciful death. I have had the vet euthanise dogs who were suffering and terminally ill and whose suffering could not go away. I was present at the deaths. These were merciful deaths.

On another note, there is to be CCTV in slaughter houses to stop cruelty.This is good news. Food animals will not be killed so mercilessly.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Belinda wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:04 am But, Doc, when people have to share a morality which is sufficiently agreeable to all it is necessary for individuals to know that there are major disagreements. That some individuals cannot see reason is a major cause for concern for everybody.
VT doesn't share anything, she just comes here to be insulting and abusive.
Philosophy Explorer

thedoc wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:13 pm
Belinda wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:04 am But, Doc, when people have to share a morality which is sufficiently agreeable to all it is necessary for individuals to know that there are major disagreements. That some individuals cannot see reason is a major cause for concern for everybody.
VT doesn't share anything, she just comes here to be insulting and abusive.
I second the motion.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

thedoc wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:06 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:38 pm
thedoc wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:08 pm

I believe most US executions are by lethal injection, so what are the barbaric means of execution that you are referring to?

A person who in executed by lethal injection usually chooses to commit the act that leads to that end, so it is voluntary. If it can be proven that the individual didn't choose to commit the act, lethal injection is not invoked, as the act has been ruled as an accident or involuntary manslaughter.
Only two sentences and you still manage to be confused. :roll:
Nice dodge, but I see that you don't have an answer.
How do you prefer to kill people, doc?
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

Yes, I'm perfectly fine with euthanasia. I think it should be an option for people even outside of having a debilitating medical condition. I think if we loosened the legislation around suicide more people would be willing to come out to get help, if they didn't have a fear of being thrown in a Psychiatric hospital or even prosecution depending on where you live. In effect, this would end up lowering the number of suicides.