A Refined View on Abortion - The Sympathic Angle

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Necromancer

A Refined View on Abortion - The Sympathic Angle

Post by Necromancer »

There are basically two views on abortions, the pro and the con.

Now, let's say there are heavy reasons for choosing either side. If this is the case then maybe abortion should be allowed? I think abortion should be allowed so that all people who need it may have their abortion and so that all who are fortunate to live lives that allow them to reject abortion.

Let's be clear: the ideal for both sides is that no abortions are carried out because nobody really wants an abortion, to kill a fetus.

So my entry is that the view of sympathy to abortion is to allow abortions and at the same time make good use of the contraception-pills or condoms to accommodate both views as ways of life!

Like it? Your view? :D

(By this text, I don't list the usual arguments pro- and con-.)
Walker

Re: A Refined View on Abortion - The Sympathic Angle

Post by Walker »

Necromancer wrote:So my entry is that the view of sympathy to abortion is to allow abortions and at the same time make good use of the contraception-pills or condoms to accommodate both views as ways of life!
Sophistry.

Abortion is not a way of life.

Abortion is death.
Necromancer

Post by Necromancer »

Just a note: In my text I want to limit the pro-abortion position by saying that abortion is, in this context, limited to within 20 first weeks and that it does not include "emergency medicine" where "extreme" measures are used in order to save either, the mother or the fetus. If they intend to kill either the fetus or the mother then, ethically, why not overdose them by sedatives or similar that must be better than "other extremes". I guess this should be part of standard procedure for these cases either way! So as to reduce the dread/brutalities of medicine (by standard procedure)!
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Necromancer wrote:
There are basically two views on abortion the pro and the con
I have another view neither pro nor con which is entirely neutral
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

"Please allow me to introduce myself... I'm a man of wealth and taste..."

-Imp
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"...allow abortions and at the same time make good use of the contraception-pills or condoms to accommodate both views as ways of life!"

Isn't that exactly how things work, right here, right now?

My view...

As I said before in-forum: if Jane gets herself knocked up, and she wants to abort, then she oughta do that...and she ouughta pay for it herself (that, or go ball bust the sperm donor, or jingle-jangle a tin cup on a street corner, or peddle her pregnant ass to some fellow with that particular bent, or go hat in hand to some charity).

What she ought not do is ask taxpayers to foot the bill (for her abortion or the five rugrats she didn't have the gumption to get sucked out and flushed before). But ask (demand, lay claim to) she (or her proxies) will, and, boy!, will she receive! Money! Free (for her) services!

What she'll never receive is a firm 'no'.
Necromancer

Post by Necromancer »

I just say that anti-abortionists can't hold the same argument, obviously!

Besides, doesn't the young woman who suffers the rape and gets pregnant deserve the abortion? So to for the girl/woman suffering incest from her father or other relative? You seem to be too fast, Henry!

8)

Note: This argument (the OP) is generic in the sense that it can also be used for similar ethical positions such as euthanasia/assisted suicide/willful suicide and legalising cannabis and possibly others!
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Walker wrote:
Necromancer wrote:So my entry is that the view of sympathy to abortion is to allow abortions and at the same time make good use of the contraception-pills or condoms to accommodate both views as ways of life!
Sophistry.

Abortion is death.
So a good man has his life ruined by a couple of self-righteous hypocritical kristian fucks. He was very restrained. I would have whacked them over the head with their disgusting lying placards (which I notice they don't show in the video). No wonder your country is going down the drain. Most of the people are retarded, and the ones who aren't get silenced. And where are his 'first amendment' rights?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"doesn't the young woman who suffers the rape and gets pregnant deserve the abortion? So to for the girl/woman suffering incest from her father or other relative?"

Sure, just not at my expense.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Walker wrote:
Sophistry.

Abortion is death.
So a good man has his life ruined by a couple of self-righteous hypocritical kristian fucks. He was very restrained. I would have whacked them over the head with their disgusting lying placards (which I notice they don't show in the video). No wonder your country is going down the drain. Most of the people are retarded, and the ones who aren't get silenced. And where are his 'first amendment' rights?
In the prideful parade.