Something Miraculous...or?

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

Something Miraculous...or?

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

In this age of disruption. This age of the Third Industrial Revolution.

Re-ordering the fundamental institutions of society around network-centric systems of organization instead of institutions.

Creating opportunities for innovation without permission.

For anyone to construct applications where the minimum required market audience size is two.

Creating an exponential explosion of innovation like we have never seen.

Open, boarder-less, decentralized, permission-less systems that allow us to solve problems in society with technology that is open to everyone.

The market decides.

Change with unintended consequences.

A sea of creativity.

That is our possible, uncertain future with technology.

For some, that will be our future.

For most; a society of dictatorships with mass misery where evolution with unintended consequences does not exist

Economic exclusion, human misery, poverty, a loss of freedom are the order of the day.

The jungles with kings of the new environments.

Arising_uk

Re: Something Miraculous...or?

Post by Arising_uk »

Block-chain technology will change much of the digital economic and financial world and even better it could be seen(I think) as an implementation of Ted Nelson's ideas and might well ensure that plagiarism will be a thing of the past and that the creative might well get paid fairly at last as currently in the Weeb any numbnut can steal one's words and images and pass them of as their own.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Is...there a difference between borrowing & stealing?

(I think) we have moved into an area where the intellectual sphere is collective & not exclusive.

It's part of the disruption...

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.
Is...there a difference between borrowing & stealing?
I think so, in borrowing you return it to the original owner in stealing you don't. This is why we attribute our quotes in Philosophy so we're not accused of stealing.
(I think) we have moved into an area where the intellectual sphere is collective & not exclusive.
It never was exclusive, all can partake and participate. What you do is plagiarise for you're own self-aggrandisement.
It's part of the disruption...[/size].
It's actually due to HTML being unfit for purpose.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

We agree to disagree.

...still, you see yourself as owning your words, thoughts and sentences. I see you as just a prescribed bundle of predictable reactions. Where nothing is yours.

We are all the same. We own nothing. We are a conduit for transforming hydrogens. Nothing more.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.We agree to disagree.
Do we?
...still, you see yourself as owning your words, thoughts and sentences. I see you as just a prescribed bundle of predictable reactions. Where nothing is yours. ...
No, I see myself as ascribing to the author words that they have written that I then use verbatim, I see myself as thinking that the words I write about my thoughts are mine in the sense that they are my current thoughts. Have they been thought by others, probably but since I haven't cut-pasted them as mine I feel on reasonably safe ground.
We are all the same. We own nothing. We are a conduit for transforming hydrogens. Nothing more. .
Gnu shite.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Is...there a difference between borrowing & stealing? Is there a difference between you & I?

This Third Industrial Revolution may, at a certain time, allow some to change their state of consciousness. I hold-out hope for you that you may experience an ecstasy of consciousness.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.
Is...there a difference between borrowing & stealing? ...
Yes. See previous answer.
Is there a difference between you & I?
Yes, why do you think there are two words there?
You would as you are a gnu plagiarist.But with a bit of luck and block-chain technology you'll soon have to pay for this.
See previous answers. :roll:
This Third Industrial Revolution may, at a certain time, allow some to change their state of consciousness. I hold-out hope for you that you may experience an ecstasy of consciousness. .
I'm already in an ecstasy of consciousness. I hold no hope you'll achieve the same state.