Is there any etics?

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Is there any etics?

Post by bahman »

So you either resist sin or fail to resist. What is your fault if you cannot resist sin any longer?
-1-

Re: Is there any etics?

Post by -1- »

When I can no longer resist the temptation to sin, then my fault is that I can no longer resist the temptation to sin.

Unless you wanted to ask something different from what you actually asked, Batman.
bahman

Post by bahman »

-1- wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:54 am When I can no longer resist the temptation to sin, then my fault is that I can no longer resist the temptation to sin.
That is the problem that I have. Why it is your fault when you no longer can resist sin? You just resist as much as you can. You break and commit sin once you reach your threshold.
-1- wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:54 am Unless you wanted to ask something different from what you actually asked, Batman.
LOL.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

sin does not exist, it is a mirage a myth invented by pathetic minds.

the only sin is having bad taste.
-1-

Post by -1- »

bahman wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:11 pm
That is the problem that I have. Why it is your fault when you no longer can resist sin? You just resist as much as you can. You break and commit sin once you reach your threshold.
By definition, committing sin is not good. It is bad.

Therefore not resisting to commit a sin is a fault.

You can only go around this by redefining activities from "sin" status to "not a sin" status.

Killing people is a sin. Blasphemy is a sin. Adultery is a sin. Cannibalism of limbs of live individuals is a sin (although not a Christian sin; there is no specific forbiddation of this.)

But eating chocolate, or masturbating, or lazing on the beach is only a sin if you yourself accept it as a sin.

To resist temptation to kill others, therefore, is desirable, but to resist temptation of eating chocolate is only desirable if you want to stay slim.

ETC.