Cups Half Full

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

artisticsolution

Cups Half Full

Post by artisticsolution »

This morning I reached for my coffee cup...but it didn't look/feel right in my hand. I chose the one behind it instead. :?:

I was crying to my sister in the hospital a while ago, feeling ugly as shit...literally. When she came up with an idea that made us both laugh...we could simply dress the bag in sexy black lace and viola! Good to go! :lol:

What's your tale of woe, Joe? And, if you put lipstick on it is it still a coffee cup?
Philosophy Explorer

Re: Cups Half Full

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

artisticsolution wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:51 pm This morning I reached for my coffee cup...but it didn't look/feel right in my hand. I chose the one behind it instead. :?:

I was crying to my sister in the hospital a while ago, feeling ugly as shit...literally. When she came up with an idea that made us both laugh...we could simply dress the bag in sexy black lace and viola! Good to go! :lol:

What's your tale of woe, Joe? And, if you put lipstick on it is it still a coffee cup?
Less interesting in terms of a woman. :lol:

PhilX 🇺🇸
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

For our 36th anniversary (about 2.5 years ago) I went all out to surprise my wife. The actual anniversary was on a Tue but the Fri. before my Defibrillator had gone off and I was afraid it would go off again Sun when I had subverted half the congregation to pull off the surprise. I did end up going into the Hospital that Tue because my cardiologist had requested it. After service on Sun I said I was afraid I had made things too hard for the other men but some said they were taking notes for their own anniversary. One of the conditions was that I had to have my wife in her usual seat facing front which is normal. Someone else was the assisting pastor and she had volunteered to help the Crucifer but the pastor told her to go sit down, the pastor would handle it. She had to be in her usual seat which is in the 2nd pew facing front so that my son and his family and my one daughter could sneak in the back and sit in the last pew, they don't normally go to our church. There were several other parts to the surprise but my wife didn't get it all even at the end of the service, I still had to point out a few things.
artisticsolution

thedoc wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:03 pm For our 36th anniversary (about 2.5 years ago) I went all out to surprise my wife. The actual anniversary was on a Tue but the Fri. before my Defibrillator had gone off and I was afraid it would go off again Sun when I had subverted half the congregation to pull off the surprise. I did end up going into the Hospital that Tue because my cardiologist had requested it. After service on Sun I said I was afraid I had made things too hard for the other men but some said they were taking notes for their own anniversary. One of the conditions was that I had to have my wife in her usual seat facing front which is normal. Someone else was the assisting pastor and she had volunteered to help the Crucifer but the pastor told her to go sit down, the pastor would handle it. She had to be in her usual seat which is in the 2nd pew facing front so that my son and his family and my one daughter could sneak in the back and sit in the last pew, they don't normally go to our church. There were several other parts to the surprise but my wife didn't get it all even at the end of the service, I still had to point out a few things.
"The Crucifer"!?!

Wow, tough church! :wink:
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

artisticsolution wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:36 am
thedoc wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:03 pm For our 36th anniversary (about 2.5 years ago) I went all out to surprise my wife. The actual anniversary was on a Tue but the Fri. before my Defibrillator had gone off and I was afraid it would go off again Sun when I had subverted half the congregation to pull off the surprise. I did end up going into the Hospital that Tue because my cardiologist had requested it. After service on Sun I said I was afraid I had made things too hard for the other men but some said they were taking notes for their own anniversary. One of the conditions was that I had to have my wife in her usual seat facing front which is normal. Someone else was the assisting pastor and she had volunteered to help the Crucifer but the pastor told her to go sit down, the pastor would handle it. She had to be in her usual seat which is in the 2nd pew facing front so that my son and his family and my one daughter could sneak in the back and sit in the last pew, they don't normally go to our church. There were several other parts to the surprise but my wife didn't get it all even at the end of the service, I still had to point out a few things.
"The Crucifer"!?!

Wow, tough church! :wink:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crucifer
artisticsolution

You have to admit...its a terrible name considering Christ was crucified ... by...a...crucify-er.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

artisticsolution wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:07 pm You have to admit...its a terrible name considering Christ was crucified ... by...a...crucify-er.
I guess it depends on how you see it.