Great Works of Art

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Great Works of Art

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Very soothing to listen to. I imagine it could put a baby to sleep.

Mongolian throat singing. I didn't know Tibetan monks did this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rmo3fKeveo
Conde Lucanor

Post by Conde Lucanor »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:21 am
Very soothing to listen to. I imagine it could put a baby to sleep.
Don't doubt it for a minute.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:21 amMongolian throat singing. I didn't know Tibetan monks did this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rmo3fKeveo
In my case, I became aware of this style because of the Tibetan Gyuto Monks (back when internet was not even a dream), and I'm getting acquainted now with the Mongolians, which have something rolling on their own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L42AnSAdzXw
Walker

Post by Walker »

Multi-media art:
Each medium quality, the total greater than the sum.

Foo Fighters - The Pretender
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ

Past giants had limited means of expression, but they made the most of what they had.
Conde Lucanor

Post by Conde Lucanor »

The masterful art of Gian Lorenzo Bernini, it makes you forget it's only marble.

Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Beauty gives breath to the soul for the soul is an extension of truth.

I have become a lover of music over the years and one of my favorite composers is Max Richter. Consider this being a philosophy forum:

The Consolations of Philosophy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVFhzlR6fJY

For something more "vibrant" and "powerful" another set of composers (or band, I really do not know how to qualify them as they are unique) is Wardruna:

Tyr (he was the Norse Anthropormization of Sacrifice and Discipline, the two core values I have observe the truest and purest of philosophies to be founded upon)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co8Qo4hTyb4
vegetariantaxidermy

Conde Lucanor wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:36 am The masterful art of Gian Lorenzo Bernini, it makes you forget it's only marble.

That hand pressing into the flesh. Staggering really.
Walker

Post by Walker »

The accurate-to-eye imitation of flesh press was designed by a statue’s creator.

Movement was also purposely, non-randomly designed into the angles and diagonals of the solid stardust.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:10 pm The accurate-to-eye imitation of flesh press was designed by a statue’s creator.

Movement was also purposely, non-randomly designed into the angles and diagonals of the solid stardust.
Flawed analogy. We evolved incrementally into a species with the brain and motor skills to do this sort of thing (of course some are far more developed in that part of the brain than others, which is why we use the words 'talented' or 'gifted' to describe such people).
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:02 am
Walker wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:10 pm The accurate-to-eye imitation of flesh press was designed by a statue’s creator.

Flawed analogy. We evolved incrementally into a species with the brain and motor skills to do this sort of thing (of course some are far more developed in that part of the brain than others, which is why we use the words 'talented' or 'gifted' to describe such people).
Those lines in stone extending the eye into space are not random replicas of randomness. They are designed and calculated by the creator of the imitation, in collaboration with the stone.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:56 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:02 am

Those lines in stone extending the eye into space are not random replicas of randomness. They are designed and calculated by the creator of the imitation, in collaboration with the stone.
So?
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:49 am So?
Obviously, from a philosophical stance of meaning connected through various aspects of living, I and others more knowedgable might find attention turning towards answering the profound brevity of the so.

However, through knowledge of conditions formed by receptions, and because of the implications inherent within the small investment of merely two letters, an investment that bluntly reflects the degree of interest and involvement called skin in the game, effortation of whittling another chip from the preciousness of time only to delve into the universal nature of transcendence, achieved in any medium used to imitate design, even if it be sourced from mind, but in marble’s case for the successfully achieved purpose of creating the motion of emotion-driven lives within the frozen stardust, and by using the future viewer as an instrument in the process, peaks with a howdy and a good day, VT.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Great big statues but not much motion.

Conde Lucanor

Post by Conde Lucanor »

Walker wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:32 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:49 am So?
Obviously, from a philosophical stance of meaning connected through various aspects of living, I and others more knowedgable might find attention turning towards answering the profound brevity of the so.

However, through knowledge of conditions formed by receptions, and because of the implications inherent within the small investment of merely two letters, an investment that bluntly reflects the degree of interest and involvement called skin in the game, effortation of whittling another chip from the preciousness of time only to delve into the universal nature of transcendence, achieved in any medium used to imitate design, even if it be sourced from mind, but in marble’s case for the successfully achieved purpose of creating the motion of emotion-driven lives within the frozen stardust, and by using the future viewer as an instrument in the process, peaks with a howdy and a good day, VT.
Oh, well, at least we can see this thread is having an effect on people. Your post resembles the review of an art critic: quite sophisticated and totally meaningless.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:32 pm However, through knowledge of conditions formed by receptions, and because of the implications inherent within the small investment of merely two letters, an investment that bluntly reflects the degree of interest and involvement called skin in the game, effortation of whittling another chip from the preciousness of time only to delve into the universal nature of transcendence, achieved in any medium used to imitate design, even if it be sourced from mind, but in marble’s case for the successfully achieved purpose of creating the motion of emotion-driven lives within the frozen stardust, and by using the future viewer as an instrument in the process, peaks with a howdy and a good day, VT.
Walker, you keep coming up with ever lengthier ways of not saying anything. Wouldn't it be more efficient to just not put any text in your posts?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Although I can sympathize with the excitement over discovering a shared deficiency in comprehension, it’s rather curious that any affectionado might find fine design and technique in the imitation while denying the same in the original.