Aesthetic Bullying

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Above us only sky

Aesthetic Bullying

Post by Above us only sky »

Last week a new super shopping mall opened in my town, and I, like many other, decided to go to the new shopping mall to have a look: it is a very splendid architecture, with lots of marble and shinning metal in side the building, but it is not a very pleasant experience: the whole ground floor is occupied by fashion cloth retailers, each of them have a model or a flat-screen tv displaying some model shows. They reminds everybody how ugly we look. The cloths they sell (includes cloths for children) are ' fashion cloths', that means they are the most beautiful, but in a child's view, a cloth or shoes made by grandma or mom with beautiful pattern on it can also be beautiful. Those fashion retailers seems to trying to force their idea of beautiful cloth into others.

This is a form of bulling, there should be some law to prevent it.
Last edited by Above us only sky on Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
creativesoul

Re: Aesthetic Bullying

Post by creativesoul »

Above us only sky wrote:Last week a new super shopping mall opened in my town, and I, like many other, decided to go to the new shopping mall to have a look: it is a very splendid architecture, with lots of marble and shinning metal in side the building, but it is not a very pleasant experience: the whole ground floor is occupied by fashion cloth retailers, each of them have a model or a flat-screen tv displaying some model shows. They reminds everybody how ugly we look. The cloth they sell (includes cloth for children) are ' fashion cloths', that means they are the most beautiful, but in a child's view, a cloth or shoes made by grandma or mom with beautiful pattern on it can also be beautiful. Those fashion retailers seems to trying to force their idea of beautiful cloth into others.

I can understand how one could feel compelled to write in that way. I'd like to say a few things about the above. First, it presupposes another's intent to make you feel bad about yourself. There is no good reason to presuppose that. Secondly, it also shows that you have built your own self-confidence about how you look upon what another considers beautiful. You judged yourself by another's standard.

Why?
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Above us only sky wrote:Last week a new super shopping mall opened in my town, and I, like many other, decided to go to the new shopping mall to have a look: it is a very splendid architecture, with lots of marble and shinning metal in side the building, but it is not a very pleasant experience: the whole ground floor is occupied by fashion cloth retailers, each of them have a model or a flat-screen tv displaying some model shows. They reminds everybody how ugly we look. The cloth they sell (includes cloth for children) are ' fashion cloths', that means they are the most beautiful, but in a child's view, a cloth or shoes made by grandma or mom with beautiful pattern on it can also be beautiful. Those fashion retailers seems to trying to force their idea of beautiful cloth into others.

I know some cases, when they were younng, people throw stones to them because of their appearance, and I've know a lot of people that laugh at others faces and bodies, that's bullying, not a fucking building offering clothes and showing people more beautifull for common standards than you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwvlbJ0h35A
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Yeah - i call it monopoly shopping - we are all subject in the west to shopping in these vast pretty shitholes where our money all seeps back to the same rich assholes, unfortunately we have no choice, we are just subjects to the super rich, paid slaves.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

Above us only sky wrote:They reminds everybody how ugly we look. . . Those fashion retailers seems to trying to force their idea of beautiful cloth into others.
These are strictly your personal interpretations, and they seem like ridiculous interpretations to me. It might be interesting to explore why, psychologically, you'd be prone to such interpretations, but it probably wouldn't be easy to explore that in a setting such as this.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

attofishpi wrote:

Yeah - i call it monopoly shopping - we are all subject in the west to shopping in these vast pretty shitholes where our money all seeps back to the same rich assholes, unfortunately we have no choice, we are just subjects to the super rich, paid slaves.
Ah ah, so you do go shopping after all, Fish Pie. Just be aware that there will probably be some wanker watching you and laughing.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Harbal wrote:
attofishpi wrote:

Ah ah, so you do go shopping after all, Fish Pie. Just be aware that there will probably be some wanker watching you and laughing.
But i thought you lived in England.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

attofishpi wrote:
No, it won't be me, it will be some other wanker. My life hasn't yet sunk so low as to reduce me to observing and laughing at people shopping.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Harbal wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
No, it won't be me, it will be some other wanker. My life hasn't yet sunk so low as to reduce me to observing and laughing at people shopping.
At least you acknowledge you are a wanker. ..and a miserable git at the shops!
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

attofishpi wrote:
At least you acknowledge you are a wanker. ..and a miserable git at the shops!
Guilty on both counts.
Melchior

Post by Melchior »

You are quite mad.
tbieter

Post by tbieter »

attofishpi wrote:
Harbal wrote:
attofishpi wrote:

"England" is gone. A "Great Britain" exists. But, what will the Brexit event provoke? See this wonderful book: https://www.amazon.com/England-Elegy-Ro ... uton+books
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

tbieter wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
Harbal wrote: Ah ah, so you do go shopping after all, Fish Pie. Just be aware that there will probably be some wanker watching you and laughing.
"England" is gone. A "Great Britain" exists. But, what will the Brexit event provoke? See this wonderful book: https://www.amazon.com/England-Elegy-Ro ... uton+books
Go selling things to other site, this is a sacred place just for insults and flames.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

TSBU wrote: Go selling things to other site, this is a sacred place just for insults and flames.
Well said, TSBU.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

''England: An Elegy shows that there is such a country as England, that it has a distinct personality and endows its residents with a distinct moral ideal.''