Re: Does the Mind See?

Post by Pluto »

The picture looks like an oasis to me.
That is cool, thanks.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Impenitent wrote:
Pluto wrote:What I was thinking was - can I say that the picture below is something not seen with the eyes but with the mind, and that's why it looks the way it does.

Comprende?

4xBmsvXR1A6BriVz.jpg
the picture is also seen as it is named...

is it bald baby diving? or is it trees and a lake?

-Imp
:lol:

Now that you mention it, that’s a top view of an egghead touching the side view of a face-down female torso and hip.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Lacewing wrote:
HexHammer wrote:Please forgive Terra Stat, he's very ignorant about very basic things and likes to speak straight out of his ignorant ass...
Has someone said this about you, Hex, and so you wanted to use it on someone else? Because it's really a misplaced comment about Terrapin Station. He could kick your ignorant ass all the way to Pluto and back!

The OP was not clear.

The picture looks like an oasis to me.

Whoever said it look like a diving baby is really twisted.

I think it goes both ways: we can be deceived by our eyes while our minds see clearly... and we can be deceived by our minds while our eyes see clearly.
LOL! ..I've seen many of his posts and they doesn't really reflect any greater knowledge nor understanding of very basic things, and you are totally lost. You should go talk to toddlers, that's the best suited mental lvl for you.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

HexHammer wrote:LOL! ..I've seen many of his posts and they doesn't really reflect any greater knowledge nor understanding of very basic things, and you are totally lost. You should go talk to toddlers, that's the best suited mental lvl for you.
:lol: :lol: Evidently, that's the level I'm talking to right now. :lol:
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Lacewing wrote:
HexHammer wrote:LOL! ..I've seen many of his posts and they doesn't really reflect any greater knowledge nor understanding of very basic things, and you are totally lost. You should go talk to toddlers, that's the best suited mental lvl for you.
:lol: :lol: Evidently, that's the level I'm talking to right now. :lol:
Good stay down there and fuck off this site, then you do all of us a favor.
So I've seen you for quite some time, when you are not trolling you can't say anything intelligent, you have had your chance on ignore with a tard like you!
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

What the mind sees is attached to the subconscious.
OuterLimits

Post by OuterLimits »

Do you mind if I'm attached to the subconscious?
:D
Is it ok?
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Sure man, go for it.

Painting What You Can't See
Scan_20161013.jpg
Scan_20161013.jpg (172.38 KiB) Viewed 3240 times
Walker

Post by Walker »

“It’s unfortunate that what we find pleasing to the touch and pleasing to the eye are seldom the same.” – Pulp Fiction

Rather ironic that the face can only see itself from memory rather than sight, since mirrors reflect a filtered expression in reverse. However, man does have the capacity to step outside of himself in real time and look back to imaginatively, accurately, and impartially observe his own form, as actors and salesmen know.

Charlie Rose Interviews a Robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a9Xm3cp0-E
(I wonder if the robot knew the interview questions beforehand.)
Trajk Logik

Post by Trajk Logik »

Pluto wrote:What I was thinking was - can I say that the picture below is something not seen with the eyes but with the mind, and that's why it looks the way it does. Would you be happy with that?

4xBmsvXR1A6BriVz.jpg
The mind, nor the eye are the ones that see. Seeing is a process that includes both eyes and and a mind interacting. Without either, your can't see. When you dream your eyes are not interacting with your brain, which is why you aren't seeing, you are dreaming. Your brain is simply accessing stored memories and concepts and creating a reality with that information - similar to how a person who is deprived of sensory input for long periods of time begins to hallucinate.

I see a drawn picture of an oasis. I don't actually see an oasis. If I did, it would look different. It looks similar to an oasis but not the same, which is why my brain categorizes it as an oasis, similar to how my brain categorizes a mirage as a pool of water. They both look similar and the brain categorizes similar experiences. The picture is easily discernible from a real oasis because there are more differences between a real oasis and a picture of one. It is harder to discern the difference between a mirage and a pool of water until you move and notice that the "pool of water" disappears. Your experience tells you that pools of water don't disappear, so it can't be a pool of water.