The Anonymous in Religious Music

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

thedoc

Re: The Anonymous in Religious Music

Post by thedoc »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: The least you could have done would have been to say what the fuck you meant by anonymous in the context of music, You area laying the same silly childish game that Immanuel Can does.: Make ridiculous claims then fails to say what he means by them.
It's no wonder no one takes you seriously.
You are looking for Nick_A to assign a specific definition of "Anonymous" and I don't think it is altogether necessary, as each respondent can assign and define it as they see fit. And you are wrong in saying that "No-one takes you seriously", I will seriously consider some of the things he posts.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: This whole thing is rubbish.
Then you should leave it alone, Quit bitching and change the channel.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Doc, if we don't respect the value of sincere meaningful questions in philosophy not to mention the struggle so many great artists have suffered just to try and feel as they express something greater than themselves, we have no respect for philosophy. I cannot be that way. Such abuse shouldn't be tolerated much less condoned. Would you condone the abuse of a beautiful woman by some kids getting their rocks off? I hope not. Well philosophy at times is beautiful. We should try to encourage and respect its potentials. If not, we are just part of the problem.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

thedoc wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote: This whole thing is rubbish.
Then you should leave it alone, Quit bitching and change the channel.
I can bitch as much as I want, and stay tuned where and when I want. You shall just have to accept my critique. Deal with it or not, it's not going away because you don't have to balls to address it.
Last edited by Hobbes' Choice on Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

thedoc wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote: The least you could have done would have been to say what the fuck you meant by anonymous in the context of music, You area laying the same silly childish game that Immanuel Can does.: Make ridiculous claims then fails to say what he means by them.
It's no wonder no one takes you seriously.
You are looking for Nick_A to assign a specific definition of "Anonymous" and I don't think it is altogether necessary, as each respondent can assign and define it as they see fit. And you are wrong in saying that "No-one takes you seriously", I will seriously consider some of the things he posts.
This is philosophy. If you can't say what you mean, then what you say means nothing.

You accuse me of bitch, when Nick has started another thread dedicated to bitching about this one.
I was merely pointing out why this thread has descended into ridicule.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote:I'm sorry doc but we'll have to discontinue this thread. It has been taken over by those with the need to destroy.
Yes, that kind of childish, destructive behaviour is becoming far too prevalent. Some people seem to think that just because a thread is utter drivel it gives them the right to sink it.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Nick_A wrote:Doc, if we don't respect the value of sincere meaningful questions in philosophy not to mention the struggle so many great artists have suffered just to try and feel as they express something greater than themselves, we have no respect for philosophy. I cannot be that way. Such abuse shouldn't be tolerated much less condoned. Would you condone the abuse of a beautiful woman by some kids getting their rocks off? I hope not. Well philosophy at times is beautiful. We should try to encourage and respect its potentials. If not, we are just part of the problem.
Physical abuse and harm is not the same as participation on a forum, if I were witness to a physical attack I would certainly try to do something, even if it were just my physical presence to deter the harm. On a forum there is no physical contact it's only words on a screen and you can choose to leave or participate any time you wish, there is no-one forcing you to be here. So when someone posts enough that I find disagreeable, I ignore them and move on to what I find more interesting and meaningful. In my estimation the best way to handle a troll, is to not feed it the attention it craves, Don't feed the Troll. This seems to have been the problem with many forums, the trolls come and other trolls feed and reinforce them. I know it takes some effort and time, but there are a few good posts if you are patient and look for them.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: I can bitch as mush as I want, and stay tuned where and when I want. You shall just have to accept my critique. Deal with it or not, it's not going away because you don't have to balls to address it.
This is the sort of post that makes me thankful for the ignore function. And this forum has a particularly good version, in that I can see a post if I choose.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

"Let him rant, that others may know him mad."
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

thedoc wrote:"Let him rant, that others may know him mad."
Hobbes is never less than annoyed but I've seen him a lot madder than this.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Harbal wrote:
Hobbes is never less than annoyed but I've seen him a lot madder than this.
Me too.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Doc wrote:
Physical abuse and harm is not the same as participation on a forum, if I were witness to a physical attack I would certainly try to do something, even if it were just my physical presence to deter the harm. On a forum there is no physical contact it's only words on a screen and you can choose to leave or participate any time you wish, there is no-one forcing you to be here. So when someone posts enough that I find disagreeable, I ignore them and move on to what I find more interesting and meaningful. In my estimation the best way to handle a troll, is to not feed it the attention it craves, Don't feed the Troll. This seems to have been the problem with many forums, the trolls come and other trolls feed and reinforce them. I know it takes some effort and time, but there are a few good posts if you are patient and look for them.
It isn't a matter of physical abuse but rather the abuse of the psychological need philosophy is intended to serve. As Plato said: Philosophy is the love of wisdom. These people have turned this thread into the intentional abuse of philosophy and the need to "understand" through what certain qualities of music offer. To intentionally come here and abuse the question not to mention attacking you as a kazoo player cannot be tolerated. If the mods do, then the forum is useless for meaningful philosophy. It will then only be good for sharing interpretaions on "Yo momma sucks."
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Put up or shut up.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Nick_A wrote: As Plato said: Philosophy is the love of wisdom.
:lol: :lol: Laugh of the week. :D :D

Plato spoke ancient Greek in which philosophy (a Greek word) literally means "love of wisdom"

If Nick were twice as clever as he appears to be, he'd still be only half as clever as he thinks he is, which is still not very much.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote:a kazoo player
Virtuoso, Nick, a kazoo virtuoso.