The Anonymous in Religious Music

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

sthitapragya

Re: The Anonymous in Religious Music

Post by sthitapragya »

Nick_A wrote:Sthit wrote in part:
Nick, you seriously cannot blame others for this. All the abuse directed at you is due to the image you yourself have created. You never start a thread without an agenda. Take threads like, " who really is an atheist?" or your "awakening" or "futility of reason" or "why blind denial?" All of these were started not with philosophy in mind, but an agenda which had nothing to do with philosophy and everything to do with putting down atheists. You don't ever show the intent of doing philosophy. Your only intent so far has been to put down people who oppose your views.
Your post is a naive and dangerous emotional rant. It accuses another of a secret agenda and hatred all of which doesn't exist. This misconception in your mind justifies abuse. This same ugly attitude has caused all too many horrors in the world. Disgraceful. If the mods support this, the forum is then only good to argue the ramifications of "Yo momma sucks." Philosophy and human value will have been banished.
Oh please. The fact remains that you refuse to do anything to create a congenial environment. It is always someone else's fault. You also always show your hatred for others who have a different opinion. You just cannot see it. That is what a cry baby is. Well, you carry on the way you are, and we will carry on the way we do. You abuse, we abuse. The golden rule applies here.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

sthitapragya wrote:
Nick_A wrote:Sthit wrote in part:
Nick, you seriously cannot blame others for this. All the abuse directed at you is due to the image you yourself have created. You never start a thread without an agenda. Take threads like, " who really is an atheist?" or your "awakening" or "futility of reason" or "why blind denial?" All of these were started not with philosophy in mind, but an agenda which had nothing to do with philosophy and everything to do with putting down atheists. You don't ever show the intent of doing philosophy. Your only intent so far has been to put down people who oppose your views.
Your post is a naive and dangerous emotional rant. It accuses another of a secret agenda and hatred all of which doesn't exist. This misconception in your mind justifies abuse. This same ugly attitude has caused all too many horrors in the world. Disgraceful. If the mods support this, the forum is then only good to argue the ramifications of "Yo momma sucks." Philosophy and human value will have been banished.
Oh please. The fact remains that you refuse to do anything to create a congenial environment. It is always someone else's fault. You also always show your hatred for others who have a different opinion. You just cannot see it. That is what a cry baby is. Well, you carry on the way you are, and we will carry on the way we do. You abuse, we abuse. The golden rule applies here.
His hatred for atheists oozes out of practically everything he posts, and he thinks no one notices. :lol:
sthitapragya

Post by sthitapragya »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: His hatred for atheists oozes out of practically everything he posts, and he thinks no one notices. :lol:
VT, it's not only atheists. His rant on the abortion thread showed that he has a hatred for anyone with a differing opinion. I assume there must be some theist who respects the choice of a woman. So it is not only about atheists. It is about anyone who disagrees with him.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote:Greta, leave it alone . The thread is dead. There is no way in this atmosphere that the question of perfection in art and in this case music as it relates to the anonymous in art, can be discussed. It was a nice try IMO and useful for artists but impossible to continue. The thread is dead and should be deleted and time to go back to the usual including the insults.
Seems to me that the red curtain has come down for you and now you'd rather fight to get your own way than talk about the topic. Heh. It would have been so easy for you simply to answer me normally and then a chat might have followed. You could so easily not reply to foes and follow conversations you enjoy.

As a mod on another forum, do you know what I do with members who treat me like a serf there to take "customer" instructions?
vegetariantaxidermy

sthitapragya wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: His hatred for atheists oozes out of practically everything he posts, and he thinks no one notices. :lol:
VT, it's not only atheists. His rant on the abortion thread showed that he has a hatred for anyone with a differing opinion. I assume there must be some theist who respects the choice of a woman. So it is not only about atheists. It is about anyone who disagrees with him.
It still boils down to his religion, no matter what the topic.
vegetariantaxidermy

Greta wrote:
Nick_A wrote:Greta, leave it alone . The thread is dead. There is no way in this atmosphere that the question of perfection in art and in this case music as it relates to the anonymous in art, can be discussed. It was a nice try IMO and useful for artists but impossible to continue. The thread is dead and should be deleted and time to go back to the usual including the insults.
Seems to me that the red curtain has come down for you and now you'd rather fight to get your own way than talk about the topic. Heh. It would have been so easy for you simply to answer me normally and then a chat might have followed. You could so easily not reply to foes and follow conversations you enjoy.

As a mod on another forum, do you know what I do with members who treat me like a serf there to take "customer" instructions?
I think he has a martyr complex.
Greta

Post by Greta »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:I think he has a martyr complex.
Maybe so, although he is getting a little help ...

Personally, I wouldn't mind talking about the anonymous in music. I'm a fan of music with strong instrumental focus specifically for the beauty of wordless expression:

John Coltrane, Alabama: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saN1BwlxJxA

Pat Metheny, Roots of Coincidence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYTj-B4_0jk
vegetariantaxidermy

Greta wrote:

Personally, I wouldn't mind talking about the anonymous in music. I'm a fan of music with strong instrumental focus specifically for the beauty of wordless expression:

I might too, if I knew what he was talking about. He doesn't seem to want to say, for some reason.
Greta

Post by Greta »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Greta wrote:

I might too, if I knew what he was talking about. He doesn't seem to want to say, for some reason.
'Tis a mysterious reason with a mere 50 or so posts devoted towards the mystery so far. Typical bloody philosophers :lol:
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta wrote: Seems to me that the red curtain has come down for you and now you'd rather fight to get your own way than talk about the topic. Heh. It would have been so easy for you simply to answer me normally and then a chat might have followed. You could so easily not reply to foes and follow conversations you enjoy.

It isn’t a matter of me being important but if the demand to remove the thread is. I see that the request thread has been deleted and this thread is still here. No email and just the middle finger salute. OK, that is what I wanted to know. Does management condone and encourage open intolerance, intimidation and abuse by a group of posters against whatever they don’t understand or do they support posters remaining within the terms of service? It is clear that they support this group of posters and their attempts at intolerance, intimidation, and abuse against what they don’t understand. No good can come from a mindset that blames others of what they are guilty of. No one with a mind and a heart whose families have been part of the Holocaust, the Armenian genocide, or other genocides, can tolerate a mindset that openly justifies abuse by accusing others of hatred and evil. Hitler did this against the Jews and I know what the Turks said about the Armenians. Those like Doc prefer to kiss their ass regardless of all the harm this attitude has caused. I won’t do it and since the mods condone this behavior obviously I have to leave and delete my posts on this thread. This site will only be useful to post “Yo momma sucks.” That is all such a condoned attitude of attempted intimidation and abuse deserves. I’ll go over to a site called onlinephilosophyclub and post the thread over there. I will then begin a thread called: “Do You Value Ideas” in which I will explain what goes on here. I’ll quote Prof. Jacob Needleman And Simone Weil on the value of supporting and encouraging keeping ideas which open the minds and hearts of Man alive. Hopefully all will go well and I can support onlinephilosophy with meaningful threads as I have done here with with this one and others on the Religion board. There is nothing more to say. The mods have won. Intolerance, intimidation, and abuse of meaningful ideas is now dominant. Enjoy.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Nick_A wrote:Does management condone and encourage open intolerance, intimidation and abuse by a group of posters against whatever they don’t understand or do they support posters remaining within the terms of service?
Hello Nick. As I understand your writing, you accurately state the purpose of the forum. If you do a search on the words “philosophy now,” you will soon find an article where the host says as much as what you say.

I see this as a self-leveling philosophy. Where does the tone of an unmoderated forum trend? The tone can trend one of two ways. To yes, or no. Which one grows? The one you feed, the one that gets fed sometimes too much resulting in dulled complacency.

It’s not because people say so. That’s just the way of the world.

This is so obvious and you are too intelligent to not see it, so to look more closely at why is not necessary, for under the circumstances (no moolah) attempting to logic it out more closely naturally moves into imagination and projection of one’s own limited known, the monkey mind path. Under the circumstances, just taking things the way they are falls under the custodial responsibilities of attention allotment.

BTW, custodians in NYC who are protected by a union with standards demanded by a union make an amazing salary and have amazing qualifications for what they do. Check it out. Trump is from NYC and works in cooperation with unions. Very high standards. In some places, the union label still means quality and craftsmanship.

Union Workers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSbmJb8dHMY
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote:I’ll go over to a site called onlinephilosophyclub and post the thread over there.
See you there, Nick, quite a few of us are also members of that site so you'll be among friends. Just a word of warning: They are not so tolerant of bad behaviour over there so you will need to tone it down a bit.
vegetariantaxidermy

Nick_A wrote:
Greta wrote: Seems to me that the red curtain has come down for you and now you'd rather fight to get your own way than talk about the topic. Heh. It would have been so easy for you simply to answer me normally and then a chat might have followed. You could so easily not reply to foes and follow conversations you enjoy.

It isn’t a matter of me being important but if the demand to remove the thread is. I see that the request thread has been deleted and this thread is still here. No email and just the middle finger salute. OK, that is what I wanted to know. Does management condone and encourage open intolerance, intimidation and abuse by a group of posters against whatever they don’t understand or do they support posters remaining within the terms of service? It is clear that they support this group of posters and their attempts at intolerance, intimidation, and abuse against what they don’t understand. No good can come from a mindset that blames others of what they are guilty of. No one with a mind and a heart whose families have been part of the Holocaust, the Armenian genocide, or other genocides, can tolerate a mindset that openly justifies abuse by accusing others of hatred and evil. Hitler did this against the Jews and I know what the Turks said about the Armenians. Those like Doc prefer to kiss their ass regardless of all the harm this attitude has caused. I won’t do it and since the mods condone this behavior obviously I have to leave and delete my posts on this thread. This site will only be useful to post “Yo momma sucks.” That is all such a condoned attitude of attempted intimidation and abuse deserves. I’ll go over to a site called onlinephilosophyclub and post the thread over there. I will then begin a thread called: “Do You Value Ideas” in which I will explain what goes on here. I’ll quote Prof. Jacob Needleman And Simone Weil on the value of supporting and encouraging keeping ideas which open the minds and hearts of Man alive. Hopefully all will go well and I can support onlinephilosophy with meaningful threads as I have done here with with this one and others on the Religion board. There is nothing more to say. The mods have won. Intolerance, intimidation, and abuse of meaningful ideas is now dominant. Enjoy.
You compare yourself to genocide victims and expect to be taken seriously? What an ass you are.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

thedoc wrote:...
The problem is that I do understand forums and how they function, and I am willing to work within the system. I'm not a crusader out to buck the system and change it, if there is a discussion worth having, let it go on and ignore those who would derail the topic. You can't seem to let go of the naysayer's and get on with the topic, you seem to be obsessed with arguing with them even when they have nothing to say. So be it, if you can't be bothered to respond to comments on the topic, but insist on whining about those who would derail the thread, so be it. If your true intention is to change the system and exclude those who add nothing to the conversation, you're on your own, because I am happy with the forum as it is. The disruptive and abusive comments can be quite amusing at times, and I can enjoy a bit of levity even when I'm trying to be serious.
But he could moderate his own threads, the Mods have said how.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Walker wrote:Hello Nick. As I understand your writing, you accurately state the purpose of the forum. If you do a search on the words “philosophy now,” you will soon find an article where the host says as much as what you say. ...
Post the link.
I see this as a self-leveling philosophy. Where does the tone of an unmoderated forum trend? The tone can trend one of two ways. To yes, or no. Which one grows? The one you feed, the one that gets fed sometimes too much resulting in dulled complacency.
This forum is not unmoderated, it just assumes that posters should take some responsibility in moderating their own threads. The Mods have put a post on just this matter,

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=394
It’s not because people say so. That’s just the way of the world.
Yup! The way of the world where people want others to do all their work for them.
This is so obvious and you are too intelligent to not see it, so to look more closely at why is not necessary, for under the circumstances (no moolah) attempting to logic it out more closely naturally moves into imagination and projection of one’s own limited known, the monkey mind path. Under the circumstances, just taking things the way they are falls under the custodial responsibilities of attention allotment. ...
Or just take custodial responsibility for one's threads.
BTW, custodians in NYC who are protected by a union with standards demanded by a union make an amazing salary and have amazing qualifications for what they do. Check it out. Trump is from NYC and works in cooperation with unions. Very high standards. In some places, the union label still means quality and craftsmanship. ...
http://europe.newsweek.com/trump-labor-pains-466220